Letter to fans from Speedy and Simoni

Open Letter: Lawrence & Banks pen note to Ticats fans ahead of Eastern Final
November 16, 2019

Dear Ticats Fans,

The Eastern Final is here! After an incredible season at home, it’s all come down to this… and we couldn’t think of a more deserving fan base to play in front of.

This city and this organization mean the world to us. We both arrived here in Hamilton in 2013 unsure of what to expect. Seven seasons later, it’s our second home. We’ve grown up in this city. Whether we’re getting groceries, out for dinner or anywhere around Hamilton, you have welcomed and embraced us like family. From the day we set foot in The Hammer, we felt like we were a part of something.

Ticats fans are the best, regardless of where they live. We love when we go on the road and see Black & Gold in the stands – it doesn’t matter where we play; you follow. And at Tim Hortons Field? You are the true 13th man. You’ve been behind us all season long, helping us to a perfect 9-0 home record for the first time in franchise history. Not to mention the record 15 total wins we picked up this season.

But we know you’re hungry for more, just like us. We would like nothing more than to step onto that field on Sunday, in front of 25,000 screaming fans, and win this playoff game. The Grey Cup is the goal!

Hamilton is a tough, hard-working city and we take pride in playing that same way on the football field. When we walk through the tunnel on Sunday and see everyone in black, the rush will be like no other.

The City of Hamilton deserves a Grey Cup and we’re going to do everything in our power to get one for you. We appreciate you and can’t wait to see you (and hear you) on Sunday.

Oskee Wee Wee! Let’s GO!

-Brandon Banks and Simoni Lawrence

Love it, and them!

Feel bad I didn’t write them a letter too.

What, are you lazy??? :smiley:

How about the letter “W??

A letter seems so cold, impersonal.

Do yourself a favour and read this article from Scianitti

It is good, goosebumps good!

Unspoken brotherhood galvanizes Tiger-Cats’ Lawrence, Banks

Yep, I got the g-bumps alright! With players like that, there’s no way we can lose.

I’m not too convinced that they wrote us a letter either. ?

I would have preferred a text

I’m offended by the word ‘brotherhood’ in the title. It should be ‘peoplehood’.

What about if it’s “You peoplehood”? ;D

You sir, know how to “Rock 'Em and Sock 'Em”.

That’s a great article. Glad I read it. Banks and Simoni and others who endured the 2013, 2014 and 2015 heartbreaks deserve to win a GC this year and I’m sure will do all they can do make it happen for their team, for Bob Young, for the fans and for the city.