Let's talk Offence too :D

So here are the guys we have going into camp fighting for positions… we’ve got ome talent this year in camp!

QB: 6 of them in camp for 3 spots!
Calvillo: Well he ain’t goin nowhere… but check out these backups
Ted White: Okay he’s HUGE at 230lbs but he sucks as much as Bolden, he’s gotta go
Eli Roberson… heard great things about him last year but he had a shoulder injury all year, I talked to a few players who say he’s got potential.
Robert Kent:
J.R. Revere:
Marquel Blackwell: I don’t know if he’s going to show up at camp, I don’t think he’s with the team roster either.

RB: 7 in Camp for 4 jobs!
Eric Lapointe: He’s in
Michael Jenkins: He’s in for sure and should start.
Jonas Lewis: i liked him alot last year, we should have used him more than Denson!
Mike Vilmek: Fullback that we needed
The spots are all taken right… well check these guys out too!
Jeronimo Huerta Flores should make special teams and possibly play some Fullback part-time.
Fred Talley: new guy
Robert Edwards: new guy

Receivers: Usually about 7 spots on the roster
Let’s get 3 of the obvious ones out of the way:
Cahoon, Cavil, Girard
Then we have:
McDONALD, Darnell
Stala,Dave
Watkins,Kerry
Wilson,O’Neil
BROWN, Maurice
CHAPMAN, Jay
DINER, Shaun
HORNE, Tony
JONES, Darrell

And these KRers:
Gilligan, Tim
LANDRY, Ezra

Allt his to start some talking on who’s in and what you think of them. I think we have sooo many guys in camp it’s crazy! I’d like to see Heurtes and Lewis get a spot to see what they can do.

Nice post. :slight_smile:

Hard to say about receiver, so many of the new guys are unknown to me. We only have one starting spot – outside receiver. The other spot is third inside slot as part of a five-receiver set. I see Stala filling the inside spot nicely: he’s really improved his game and he’s a nice big target for Calvillo. At wideout, I’m thinking either Wilson (good speed) or one of the imports (if McDonald is healthy, he could be a deep threat). But it’s always nice to choose. I love how everyone’s saying we have no talent left at receiver because we lost Copeland and Anderson when teams raid our receivers EVERY YEAR and we still roll on.

At running back, no question. If Jenkins is healthy, he starts, with Lapointe backing him up. The others will see action on special teams unless there’s an injury. Sidenote: expect the four-receiver, FB-RB package a lot more this year now that we have a fullback (Mike Vilimek) who’s younger, bigger and stronger than Bruno Heppell. Can’t wait to see Vilimek throwing blocks for Jenkins.

At QB, obviously Calvillo is still the starter. But I don’t think White is as bad as everyone is saying. He’s just green from having NO real game experience. That being said, I expect Robertson to replace White at no. 2 as management views him as the ‘QB of the future’. Don’t know anything about the other guys.

I simply can’t wait for the season to start. GO ALS GO!

At receiver we can chisel in stone Cahoon and Cavil in the slot with Girard as one wideout. The other I think will be MacDonald…he looked very good 2 years ago playing for a very bad Calgary team…Calvillo should be able to turn him into a star. Stala should be the extra slot in a 5 receiver set, and Wilson as the extra wideout. Know little about the other receivers coming to camp but was distinctly unimpressed with Watkins when he played last year.

Backup QB: Regardless of who gets the job it will matter little if Matthews won’t give him any playing time. He has always left Calvillo in there way too long in blowout games with the result that when you really need a backup (last year’s East final) he has no experience upon which to draw. I am not sold at all on White (should be converted to a lineman at his size!); know nothing about the others, and as for Roberson being the “QB of the future”, that’s almost a kiss of death. Stanley Jackson used to be called that…

Running back spots looks rather crowded, we’re going to have to let go of someone good, or else they had better come up with an “injury” late in training camp, which of course has been known to happen!

This is almost exactly what I was thinking.

On a sidenote, Sylvain Girard quietly had one hell of a year last season. He didn’t make the 1000-yard club due to injuriers and starting on the weak side of the field away from AC’s normal throwing arc, but he still put up good yardage and made one or two spectacular catches late in the season. He seems to have finally developed the hands to go with his speed. This year may be his breakout year.

Backup QB: Regardless of who gets the job it will matter little if Matthews won't give him any playing time. He has always left Calvillo in there way too long in blowout games with the result that when you really need a backup (last year's East final) he has no experience upon which to draw. I am not sold at all on White (should be converted to a lineman at his size!)
I honestly think another important reason that White sucked in the East final (besides lack of real playing time) is the fact that Matthews let him call his own plays. Just a brutal blunder. Calvillo is the ONLY QB in the league who calls his own plays. Nobody else does, not Dickenson, Printers, Maas or Allen. But you let green-as-grass Ted White call his own plays in the East frickin division final? Boo, Don Matthews. I hope he's learned from that mistake.
Running back spots looks rather crowded, we're going to have to let go of someone good, or else they had better come up with an "injury" late in training camp, which of course has been known to happen!
With all the quality RBs we now have, they'd better pay more attention to the running game. I thought both Lapointe and Denson were criminally underused last year. Now that we have Jenkins, there is absolutely no reason not to give the RB at least 20 touches per game.

Hello Monrteal Fans,
I believe you guys will have a tough team again regarless what you have lost. It seems when this occurs to a good team they can find replacements if not as good but better. This occured with the Stamps in the 90’s. In looking at the roster here it is impressive and I would not lose sleep. The back up QB should be a defensive lineman he is so big and once he learns this game I think he will be better than you think. Big QB’s are usually very good and this guy needs time.

Take Care

I’d be disappointed to see Jonas Lewis go back to the sidelines. He’s got great talent and attitude. He should be given a real chance.

As for WR, I wasn’t impressed at all by what I saw of O’Neil Wilson. Jay Chapman would seem a more appropriate 5th receiver than him.

But it’s a new season and everyone is one year more mature. Just as wine some things get better with time. Let’s give everyone a new fair chance (except Ted White… we want to see Ell Robertson in action!)

He’s got talent, yes. But I was quite unimpressed by his pointless trash-talking before the East Division final. Talking smack about Bashir Levingston when you’ve been on the starting roster for a few weeks? Just stupid. Hopefully he’s learned from that.

In any case, I don’t see how he’s going to see action except on special teams. Jenkins is the feature back. Lapointe will spell him. And Vilimek will block. That leaves Lewis out in the cold.

As for WR, I wasn't impressed at all by what I saw of O'Neil Wilson. Jay Chapman would seem a more appropriate 5th receiver than him.
Agreed, but as you said, it's a new year. Thyrone Anderson wasn't particularly impressive the year before last -- and in 2004 he racked up 1000 yards. So one year can make a big difference.

I’d like to see Doug Berry come up with some new plays this year for Calvillo to run. Double-reverse (we’ve got the running backs for it), shovel passes, etc. – all of it keeps the other team guessing. I really liked the option play they occasionally ran with Cavil as the surprise running back and would like to see similar trickery this year.

Moi je pense que Huerta-Flores est meilleur que Lewis pis il devrait être le 3e demi à l’attaque. :smiley:

Je ne suis pas toute a fait certain de Huerta-Flores puisqu’il n’a pas d’experience ‘CFL’ au moment. Mais en tous cas, on a ben beacoup de RBs cette année et Matthews peut choisir où il veut les utiliser.

Jenkins va etre incroyable si il est en sante, il est rapide agile et a de bonne main, ca promet :slight_smile:

Edwards avait été un choix de 1ere ronde de la nfl je crois, plus Lapointe et Jenkins qui ont fait leur preuve, Huerta Flores et Lewis… Pas trop de problèmes dans le champ arrière!!

Non en effet, et avec Vaughn ca nous donne un joeur que l’on a pas eu depuis le depart de Thomas Haskins