lets not go down the same road

theres a huge trend on this board of members towing the company line. i think many of you put waaaay tooo much faith in the powers that be. all the people that are justifying every move made are the same ones two years ago justifying everything that was happening then. a year later the entire organization is turned upside down and bob comes out and says we made a lot of mistakes. Here we are again with many somewhat questionable moves everyone is quick to support it and jump on anyone that questions it. to you people i say god bless and i hope your blind faith pays off. that way if we win some games this year you can look intelligent. i for one choose a different path. i call it like i see it. i will not agree that every move these guys make is the right one. we have cut too many role players and character guys to really have a fighting chance at this point. all the guys we signed are gambles. im excited to see how it turns out but be honest people we are in for a long season. i say 5 - 6 wins tops.

I don't know about blind faith. I think many, like myself, reserve judgment unitl we see what happens.

You have to have [b]some[/b] faith in the professionals to do their job, no?

Fact is, this team $ucked big time last year, and wholesale changes were promised and now they're delivering.

I honestly don't know what to expect. On the other hand, if little or no changes were made, you would expect more of the same futility, no?

I can't say that I have been happy about all of the moves that have been made, but some of them were more than expected. When I heard Peterson and Justin were free agents at the end of the year, I knew they wouldn't be brought back. It was a no-brainer. I don't have blind faith, but I can say that I can't see it being any worse than last year, so I say onward and upward.

Worse would be less then 4 Wins…
maybe like 1 Win Season a Few Years ago
I don’t think that will Happen …
Bob and Staff Have too Much on the line this year.

Wholesale changes to the club are long overdue.....
With a new coaching staff ( that for the first time in a long time ) knows what they are doing.... and a GM that is no doubt..on top of things....
This team, when formed after training camp...will be something to cheer about....
Rip it apart and rebuild it.
And that is what they are doing....long overdue. :thup: :thup: :thup:

i think many of you put waaaay tooo much faith in the powers that be. all the people that are justifying every move made are the same ones two years ago justifying everything that was happening then. a year later the entire organization is turned upside down and bob comes out and says we made a lot of mistakes. Here we are again with many somewhat questionable moves everyone is quick to support it and jump on anyone that questions it. to you people i say god bless and i hope your blind faith pays off.
Whats the point of being negative? Bob has not acted like Ballard to deserve the negative regarding this team. If you owned a brand new business would you not make a couple mistakes? I'm here as a fan and supporter of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. It is way to early to judge what Bob has done and the plan of the new Management.

Also, I really dont think the player moves have or were the problem...Coach and Management was the problem. We have an all new staff who have experience, have worked together and have had success. Taaffe would not have come here if he didnt like Marcels plan.

im not judging anyone. the point is many people here are just yes men and woman. Everyone uses words like no brainer or claim to have known. i find it comical to hear. but hey hamilton tiger cats and bob young love this type of fan. they are in a great situatin this year. win 5 games and everyone will be happy. this should have been the plan year 1. im just saying folks were a long way away from playoff contention. maybe a couple of years.

I agree, it is not a case of towing the company line, it is a case of having faith in the people hired to do the job. We have no idea on the extent or direction of their plan.
The one thing I know for sure is that the Team I watched last year was embarassing to the Tiger Cat tradition. Players were standing on the sidelines laughing and joking around as they were getting embarassed week after week. It was torture and the more of them that are not here when this season starts the happier I will be.

Giggle away, but anyone who didn’t see the writing on the wall for those two this year wasn’t watching the same games I was watching. I support the Ticats because they’re the team I’ve chosen to cheer for. Does that mean that I like to see some of these guys gone and that I completely agree with all the moves they’ve made? Of course not. I’ve been as pissed off as the next person with some of the moves, but in the end I want to win and if the guys they bring in to replace the guys they cut help us do that, I’m a happy camper.

Players were standing on the sidelines laughing and joking around as they were getting embarassed week after week.

Yup, and I for one will not forget this.

Ever since Bob Young took over our team has been full of 'great' off-season moves (moves that look good at the time, but didn't work out in the end; Brazzell, Paopao for starters) and the on field product has stunk. So this year, I'm not getting excited by any signing we make, and I'm not getting upset when they cut any of our players from last year.

I'll reserve judgement on these moves until I see what the team does on the field. If we sign a bunch of no-names and we win, great. That would be much better than signing a bunch of name players who stink up the joint like our team has been doing the last few years.

Keep the faith brothers and sisters. We shall overcome, someday (soon I hope).

hey i dont think talent was a problem in the last few years. i thought we did a good job bring in players. our coaching was suspect at best. from marshall right on down to barressi. i would love to see last years team under this coaching staff. either way im not giving up faith just trying to keep everyones rubber stamp of approval in their pocket.

I guess I remain a fence sitter for now; nither an optimist, nor a pessimist. I don't expect "great things" from the Hamilton Tiger cats in 2007, but I DO expect improvement and a possible playoff spot.

In terms of the departures of Peterson and Justin, I'm with borehamgirl on this one; it WAS a no brainer, and I too, saw this one coming.

I for one am surprised that allowing the events to unfold is "towing the company line". It seems to me that before we crucify the GM who has just started the job of turning this mess around we should at least allow him the luxury of putting together the team. To do less is less than fair

Sure wish that I could say "I hope the Cat's have a good year" but oh well I can't!!

NWO wrote:

theres a huge trend on this board of members towing the company line. i think many of you put waaaay tooo much faith in the powers that be.
hey i dont think talent was a problem in the last few years. i thought we did a good job bring in players. our coaching was suspect at best. from marshall right on down to barressi.
Ok so if it wasnt so much the talent of the player and was the football staff. Wouldnt you say...through reputation that we now have a pretty good staff. They all know each other and have had success together.

As for the players we are missing…

Cotton - no sacks last year.
Cheatwood - 6 sacks last year plus an ACL tear.
Vaughn - 1 td, 695 yrds and 35+ yrs old
Flick - 1 td, 693 yrds
Smith - lost his starting spot at the end of the year and injuried.
Goss - Good player but didnt want to play with Hamilton.

I dont think we are missing too much and can find players to atleast do the same job or better if we dont have them already.

Perhaps I'm one of those who are toeing the line, but what are we supposed to do, burn Bob Young in effigy while we march down Barton Street?

I can understand the frustration, but whining about the team when they're just bench pressing or other off-season training is going to do absolutely no one any good.

an excerpt of NWO’s initial post in this thread

i will not agree that every move these guys make is the right one.

we have cut too many role players
and character guys to really have
a fighting chance at this point.

all the guys we signed are gambles.
im excited to see how it turns out
but be honest people we are in for
a long season. i say 5 - 6 wins tops.

Being "from Missouri’, I feel the same, NWO
except that a lot can happen between now TC.

I don’t believe our big name receivers were major let downs
nor were they responsible for our Offence failing last year.

I say ‘Don’t throw out the baby with the bath water’

but I understand Marcel released these guys to save money.

It will be a long time before we ever get
as good a set of receivers as that again.

I want to see which positions he upgrades
with the money saved. Hopefully, LBS.

I don’t agree with some of you who rationalize
that cutting these receivers is a good thing.

'look at the lousy record,
ya gotta tear the team down
and start all over again,

How can this be blamed on the receivers?

JOE’S PLAYBOOK and the PLAY-CALLING

They were dealing with this
as was Jason Maas, early on

The frustrated Jason Maas’s play
plummetted into a downward spiral.

LOUSY QUARTERBACKING

Even after Joe, with pass plays Jason preferred,
he remained tense and seldom hit his targets
with accurate and well timed passes.

I do believe our D-line was a big letdown last year
and Marcel was right to upgrade at their positions

Marcel likely will save money on Cheatwood’s replacement.

I hope his replacement gets in QBs faces and make big plays
like Tim did for us all the years when he was completely healthy.