LET'S GET OFF THE FENCE AND STAND BEHIND MAAS!!!

Maas Has Big Ears!!!!! :lol:
Its like having Prince Charles at quarterback!
I for one would prefer if the future King of Canada was not insulted in this manner.
Well Gardisten, good for you! Personally, I am NOT a monarchist and really don't give a damn about Prince Chuck. (STILL KIDDING)

The comments about Jason Maas’ ears were all made in jest; not to slander or slight anyone, but merrily to have some fun on the site. If you think for a moment that this type of thing doesn’t go on in the Ti-cat dressing room, you;d better guess again.

Time for you and emms1 to lighten up a little. If I decide to slam someone, I would prefer it to be someone like yourself for all the derogatory comments you have made about the rest of the Ti-cat supporters.
Furthermore, if I diss you, you’ll not have to read between the lines to know that its been done as it will be very apparent. Fortunately for you, I don’t play the game (your game) this way.

If you watched Maas closely from the stands in the last game, that was probably the most accurate passing game he has had since he got here. Almost every laser completed throw was just to the side of our receiver where only they could catch it. What was he - 16 of 21 with 3 TD passes for 220 yards. Talk about being efficient with what you had to work with. If he had any bad passes in that game (and I didn't see any), it could only have been in the five he missed and two of those were right on and dropped (Gardner/Ralph). Yes, he is a perfectionist and moody but what great QB leader dosen't use those same emotions to inspire his team. His head first, first down rushes are a good example although he needs to start sliding more so he dosen't get injured now that he's finally turning into the form we TiCat fans have long expected. However, when you think of all the BS lineups/play calling he has had to go through since he got here, that alone speaks strongly of his overall character endurance now. Oh yes, and I can now proudly wear my barely used Maas sweater at last so that's as good a reason as ever to wish him continued high performance success for the rest of this season continuing in his home town on Saturday night!

You may be able to make fun of people's physical features
all you want in your own circle of friends, rocky123

You might even be Prince Charming among them.

but I don't know of any other crowd who considers
these types of comments appropriate in any way.

Besides, You have posted here long enough
to know that bob hates this kind of crap
on his official Tiger Cat website

and you may soon become
'persona non grata' to him.

You may be able to make fun of people's physical features all you want in your own circle of friends, rocky123

You might even be Prince Charming among them.

but I don’t know of any other crowd who considers
these types of comments appropriate in any way.

Besides, You have posted here long enough
to know that bob hates this kind of crap
on his official Tiger Cat website

and you may soon become
‘persona non grata’ to him.

Ron, it was never my intent to offend and I’m sorry you took it that way.

Your “persona non grata” statement sounds like wishful thinking to me.

I'll just pull up a chair and ENJOY my view from the FENCE, thanks.

Between Maas' WEAK WING, and POUTY face ... I'll just WAIT for more reasons to jump off. All the while, NOT holding my breath.

Peace.

My confidence remains with Taaffe and Desjardins, the two people who will make the call on who plays, and for how long.

We are fortunate beyond measure in having this sort of people in the "braintrust", and I'll keep trusting them to play the right man at the right time.

We've only had glimpses of "Game-time Chang", but we've all sen Jason come out and get it done...especially when he had his full health and was playing for Edmonton! He's getting healther, and I can sense an enormous desire to win....just as it was Moreno and Walker barking and biting at the rest of the D, last week, to get it done, it was Jason barking and biting at the O...getting the guys sorted out...

My thoughts only!

I have faith in Maas, as I do with Chang..everyone has slumps, he has taken a lot of heat from the fans. He is part of the only team that tends to idolize their backup QB's more than their Starting ones, been that way for years. Going all the way back to when Allen was playing backup here. I was one of them I am not going to lie. But ever since we got Maas I have had confidence in him and his ability to win.

But alot of the fans here all about the backups..if Chang were to become the starter threw a few bad games..then they would want Maas back or Williams..just the Hamilton curse..must be something in the water.

Oh, I don’t quite figure how I can’t come up with an argument; I can discuss at length why Maas still hasn’t proven that he deserves to be the starter; I can cite his many poor performances as a Ti-Cat, faults with his character, etc. I can substantiate my arguments quite well, but I’m sure that won’t make much a difference to you, because you obviously don’t want to hear what you don’t want to hear. If it bothers you that comments are made about his ears, that’s too bad; I think that everything that was written was quite harmless. If people really wanted to insult him, they easily could be more harsh and there is ample material to be found just in the way that he has played these last 1.33 seasons; the fact that people would only comment on his ears really indicates that they’re actually being quite easy on him.

i got no problem with respect to your football opinions towards maas at all.
so was it you i was talking about with the ear comments? why do you take it so personal if you weren’t the one i was talkin bout in the first place?

in fact i never claimed the ear thing was harmful. i said it was weak.

Who says I'm taking it personal?

With all due respect, Jason Maas, has in all likelihood, been listening to the "ear thing" most of his life. Most folks wouldn't make fun of this issue, but only mention it, in a humorous way. You can bet, Jason's heard it all before and realizes that it's done in good spirit and a non-demeaning way.

In the 70s, when Joan Rivers was on top of her stand up comedy routine, she said that "Prince Charles could hang glide over the Falklands". Other comics have made a career over jokingly insulting others or even their audiences. eg: David Letterman with his nightly insults of the President of the United States, Jay Leno and remarks he makes from time to time about the Queen or the Catholic Church, not even to mention what goes on at roasts, like the Danny McManus appreciation night which is approaching.
How about the old Dean Martin Show which thrived on funny insults for years, even when former President Ronald Reagan was on the panel. Should I continue? How about Don Rickles and his act, which I have seen and laughed at many times. It's totally predicated on humour at the expense of others.

So people, lets get away from the nit picking and get back to football. We have a great team in the making.

Nuff said? So people, please, stop creating issues where there are none.

For those of you who still don't get it. take these barbs and innuebdos in the spirit they are intended and laugh with the rest of the world including those victimized.

Exactly. So how about refraining from your jokes about the man’s ears? Your argument has many holes in it by the way.