Let's Complain About the Field Prep. as well

The speakers on the East side (sections 111-115) were not working - at all - all night. The problem started well before the rains came as they were not working in the pre-game.

You can have ours! They're way too loud on the west side! Who's idea is to put a speaker right in front of section 104 on the 55 yard line that blares into the faces of everyone in the first 10 rows!

And who's the stadium announcer? Countless errors. Mispronouncing names! Calling opposition names as TiCat names. Calling wrong player name for a play!

... GF & Daughter wanted to add ...

Port-O-Potties ... Stick to your gender specifications please!
Music ... Sucks!
Get real washrooms & they'll bring their iPod!

Other than that, we love our Guelph Experience (Seriously we do ... no sarcasm!)

Hi Fans,

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. We will be looking to improve on this for our next game, Saturday July 13, against Winnipeg. Hope to see you all there!

Oskee Wee Wee

Now I'm not much of a complainer about stuff at games, but if I heard that announcer call Erik Harris Ed Harris one more time I was going up there. He gets paid to know their names and he has it right in front of him. That really annoyed me. I know there are a lot of newbies (again), but come on, after the first time you would think someone would have corrected him.

LMAO!!! Exactly.

8) Banshee, I would be more than happy to be the stadium announcer, I would at least get the players names right !!!
  Only problem is I don't think they could afford me...... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

You are correct, sir. You are worth way more than they could pay you :wink:

a couple of things - the stadium announcer is the same fellow who did IWS last year, I believe he is (or was) from radio station CHAM Mike Nabuurs

When I saw the title of this thread I thought it would be about the field prep…in that vein, I thought when the rain stopped for a brief time that the field drained quite well and commented on it to those in attendance with me. To me that showed a great drainage system, so my thought is that the field prep for rain was really quite good :smiley:

Funny you should say that, I noticed that too, but also noticed that I walked through Lake Ontario on the way to the car so outside the stadium drainage was a problem lol.

Cut the music between every play. The noise is way too loud and is especially annoying when it is the Ticats ball. The music stops just at the snap of the ball. I'm surprised that the league hasn't received complaints from the teams on the field. I also agree that he should learn the name and pronunciation of all players on the field.

The music at TiCats games has been brutal for awhile now. Dear Front Office, no one goes to the games to hear snippets of Bon Jovi, Pearl Jam, or whatever the kids are listening to these days. It was so loud at IWS you couldn't hear the person next to you. No one is going to get bored if the PA system isn't blasting something in between whistles.

What would you rather listen to? I guarantee you the majority of kids these days are not listening to Bon Jovi or Pearl Jam.

How about the game, your neighbours, anything except 20 seconds of loud stadium rock. If you want to listen to such noise crank your car stereo, ipod, whatever. Back in the TiCats glory years was Elvis cranking in between whistles?

good grief.

Would you have complained about the Elvis music back then as well?
or the live orchestra from the early years?

Call the TiCat public relations department and air a grievance if you despise the music that much.

8) Elvis has left the building !! :lol:

Lol Ockham if I had it my way we'd be listening to death metal in between whistles. To each his own I guess.

We'll show up if the team does.

Maybe you missed this post:

by TicatsTicketRep » 08 Jul, 2013 - 11:01
Hi Fans,

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. We will be looking to improve on this for our next game, Saturday July 13, against Winnipeg. Hope to see you all there!

Oskee Wee Wee

8) Ockham, the TiCat Ticket Rep was NOT referring to the music being played at all in his post.
  He was referring to the loudness of the speakers, and the joke of a PA announcer who doesn't even know the correct
   names of the players !!!   Since pointed out as Mike Nabuurs ???  Terrible.

The selection of music was not brought up until you mentioned it several posts later.

You had better still complain about the music to TiCat management.....for all the good it will do you !!