let's be honest...

it's time to be brutally honest here. steeltown will not be a favourable destination for awhile still until the bob loosens the purse strings in other areas. i'm talkin bout obie not b.y. sure b.y frees up the dough but obie don't want to spend it in the right areas.
the only guys that want to play here are guys at the end of their rope-tony miles etc and guys that understand the situation and have nowhere else to go-auggie. its unfortunate cuz the fans deserve a hell of a lot more. you ain't gettin murphy, you lost out on thelwell...the history of free agency has been well documented when it comes to the tiger-cats. the message is clear-build from within and hope for the best.no lloyd, no murphy, no lucas and any other big name FA.at least you got the birddog to go find the cam wakes of the world.

CITY LEGEND

I hope you feel better after letting that out.

In a salary cap era for the CFL building from within is the smartest way to go. The days of spending your way out of past mistakes is over.

Sometimes players are just not worth what they are asking for. It's a fine line to walk for a G.M. Just look at Printers. How many here feel he was or is a player worth 500k? I think Obie needs to stick to his game plan and that we need to put a bit of trust in his abilities.

its unfortunate cuz the fans deserve a hell of a lot more. [i]you[/i] ain't gettin murphy,[i] you[/i] lost out on thelwell...
The way you put it citylegend, it doesn't sound like you are a fellow fan. :roll:

Murphy isn't worth the scratch that T.O.gave him. Plain and simple.

I trust Obie to manage the cap.

I agree with you smogmonster... on both counts.

SMOGMONSTER, I THINK I'M JUST TELLING IT LIKE IT IS, I'M A REAL BIG FAN BUT IF DMAC WAS THE LAST KEY FREE AGENT, SOMETHING IS WRONG IN THE LAST 10 YEARS. AND I'M SURE THAT HAD THE BIG NASTY MURPHY SIGNED WITH THE CATS, HE WOULD HAVE BEEN WORTH IT RIGHT? GET OUTTA HERE

CITY LEGEND

The team just signed a great player at one of the most important positions on the field. I’m not sure what else you want. It’s not about how much you spend.

Geeze I know Scotty. They expect Obie to sign every big name free agent out there. Well I have some news for you all, there is a salary cap, and Obie signed the best free agent to meet our needs. I am looking forward to this year.

Murphy said the Hamilton Tiger-Cats wanted to sign both him and fellow lineman Alexandre Gauthier, but the Toronto offer was “too good to turn down.?

It just didn't work out. Thats the business of sports for you. You arent going to sign everyone you want.

[url=http://communities.canada.com/shareit/blogs/canadianvoices/archive/2009/02/16/murphy-feeling-emotional-on-leaving-lions.aspx]http://communities.canada.com/shareit/b ... lions.aspx[/url]

Citylegend
You must remember the Ti-Cats won both the Casey Printers & Kenton Keith free agent sweepstakes recently. Do you consider them "end of the rope" type players?

"Lets be honest" ... Both players were overpaid to come here. I have no problem with it because we needed both... but they hardly came here for any other reason than money.

I'M SURE THAT HAD THE BIG NASTY MURPHY SIGNED WITH THE CATS, HE WOULD HAVE BEEN WORTH IT RIGHT? GET OUTTA HERE

CITY LEGEND

Not at $190 000.00 a year for an o-lineman. Gauthier and Murphy play left tackle. Gauthier is a great player who happens to be Canadian which is huge as far as freeing up Americans to play at other spots. Ratio busting is a big issue here...

Exclusives such as "you" are quite different from inclusives such as "we". That's what I was referring to in the italicized print that I quoted. Sounded like you were jumping off the wagon. :wink: