LET THE NEGATIVE SPIN MEDIA BEGIN

I hate to post this as a negative especially after the great classic we have just seen.
But, you knew this was going to happen as the start of the anti CFL articles have come out.
Unsurprising again, the anti CFL Brunt of the Globe appears to be the first out. You would never know from his rant that the game was a classic with the great ending.

[url=http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/football/lucky-or-not-montreal-a-deserving-winner/article1382104/]http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/f ... le1382104/[/url]

Please feel free to post others.

You know, this guy trashes the CFL, and you promote him by passing his article around. I don't get it.

Congrats...you've just given him the hits and the publicity he's after. :thup: :roll:

Yes you are right, but this is coming from the national media and the record must be set straight.

seemed more like a bitter riders fan then a cfl hater to me.

Can't seem to find anyhting negative about the acrticle. (or bashing of the CFL). Maybe argotom you could quote what you feel as negative and bashing

As well as the facts, the reporter must detail the flavour of the game which is sadly lacking.
How in this case, it was a classic and especially in the fourth quarter as we all know, like two great boxers throwing hail makers and with the last swing winning before the final bell.
If you know Brunt he is great at trashing the CFL at the expense of the NFL.
Most of us don't care about him or his ilk but we must point out the obvious and we cannot let this go unchallenged at the expense of this great league and the only real Canadiana left in this country that for one Sunday in November brings us together from coast to coast.
No other sport or frankly anything else is that glue.

You say you don't care, and then you say you can't let him go unchallenged, so clearly you do care. If you didn't, you wouldn't be on here constantly complaining about him and the others.

I don't care. I don't bother reading their articles. Not even the one you posted above. His opinion means nothing to me, so why would I want to pass his article around the Internet?

I thought he kind of told it like it was. I was rooting for the Green Riders but Montreal looked like it was just a matter of time coming out in the second half. But as it was Saskatchewan almost pulled it out. Dumb move by somebody in charge of special teams.

Argotom.
I'm ready to bash Brunt at the drop of a hat.
But this article seems more from the viewpoint of a heartbroken Riders fan.
He didn't slag the league or the sport in that smart ass way he does sometimes.
He just slagged the mistake at the end.
And in my opinion thats fair.

I don't care about him or his ilk personally, but the message and especially from a national outfit must be challenged and the record has to be set straight and passed on to others to do likewise in our own individual way.

No that's fair berezin, my point is as an unbiased reporter from a national paper even though he may have a liking to one team, he failed to express the quality of the game. While virtually spending the majority of the article on the mistake leading to the win.
We know from him in the past how he would be the first to say another stinker had it been like the last few years.

There’s not one anti-CFL word in that article.
I don’t know where people get the idea that Brunt hates the CFL.
He has Ticats season tickets.

I was watching The Score and they actually showed the highlights for the Tennessee game before the Grey Cup.
This is the only country in the entire world where that would ever happen.
The Score is on the verge of bankruptcy, Once TSN2 gets a wider range of avalibility. The Score is toast.
I almost wish the Bob Young would buy that network and turn it into a profitable CFL first network. Heck once we have 10 teams,we may need another network to brodcast an occasional game.

Here's one...This guy always hated the CFL

http://www.truthandrumours.net/

Well CFL, that's why I just watch Sportscentre now 99.9 percent of the time for my sports news, it's very predictable that other networks could in fact show highlights of something like an NFL game before Canada's national football championship. That's The Score's choice of course and it's my choice whether I watch the channel, people have to make up their own minds what they want.

Thank goodness that the CFL is in bed with the biggy sports network TSN, I still find Sportsnet and The Score to look rather small-timish in how they come across, more Mom and Pop type operations. Just my perception. TSN is much classier overall I think. But I like The Score for the CIS stuff they do and prefer their sports reporters over Sportsnet, I like the NFL updates on The Score better than Sportsnet. But as I say, that's only when I want a bit of a change from Sportscentre.

and the beat goes on

[url=http://www.torontosun.com/sports/football/2009/11/30/11975701-sun.html]http://www.torontosun.com/sports/footba ... 1-sun.html[/url]

So many successful reporter trollls!

You’re wrong… it would happen in the U.S.!

Showing the Tennesee highlights though could be a compliment to the Grey Cup, keeping people waiting for the biggy rather than an ordinary NFL game where people might have turned off the channel had they started with the Grey Cup. Another way of looking at I was just thinking. :wink: