Let The Excuses Begin In Hamilton

Another Pathetic excuse, and yes it is an excuse. You stated that the Cats didn’t know what to expect from the Bombers, well it goes both ways as The Bombers did not know what to expect from the Cats. Coaches call it “preseason scouting” and film watching. Looks like The Bomber coaches did there homework and the Cat coaches didn’t!!

OK, can’t wait to see what you come up with.

i think the reason we won isnt because of the coaches, i mean yes lapo and the gang there did a great job or preparing them and calling plays but... they werent the ones on the field making plays and... yup when the bombers lose a game, cant blame the coach, u gotta blame the players but when they win, they get the praise. The players played well. THEY WERE BETTER than the cats players for week 1.

cats fans dont need excuses cuz tsn and everyone is giving them excuses.. its week 1.

i dont think we as bomber fans should be doing this yet.. it was fun for a bit after the game was over.. but.. cats are prepping for the stamps and we gettin ready for the argos..

week 3 tho.. we can do it again.

it seems to me Blue&gold4ever and Killerisme are the bomber trolls on this site Catsfan, dont let them get to you

I dont think the bombers and Cats have a weak O-line so much as the bombers and Cats have Very good front seven's on defence...

Hamilton will take it against Calgary this weak and you will have your own celebrating to do!

Credible reports have legendary pivot Mike Bishop on route to Hamilton....

nah, his experience in Winnipeg last year turned him off of football forever…

Even more credible reports say that joefootball is full of it. :lol:

If that were the case, who would go near the TI CATS after this magical decade ? From 2001 to present, 55 110 1 ! That would be 55 games under 500 ! With the 2003 being the truly special one, at 1 - 17 :lol:

Remind me, who currently holds the record for longest Grey Cup drought? :smiley:

And the answer is....Winnipeg. The plus side to that is the Blue Bombers have been to the big dance 5 times from 1990 to our present date with a 1-4 record. As for Hamilton from 1990 to the present: 2 times with a record of 1-1.

You have been a absolute embarrassment the last 10 years ! Missed the Playoffs 5 staight times during this decade ? No fan support, can't even decide where to build a stadium in the HUGE city of Hamilton ! What happened in 1980,1984,1985 ,1989,1998 ? Funny how you stopped in 1998 ? Yes , we have the longest drought, but we have fielded competitive teams , sure we have had some duds! But nothing close to Hamilton's awful record !

Thanks for the heads up… I had NO clue we went 5 straight years without making the playoffs. I was under the impression that '05 -'08 counts as 4 years. And anyway, you get no argument here, those were dud years. But most teams have been through a drought like that. Winnipeg missed 4 straight playoffs from '67-'70. Calgary missed 6 straight from '72-'77. BC missed 4 straight from '65-'68. Saskatchewan missed 4 straight from '98-'01. It happens to all teams ('cept Edmonton)… it’s embarrassing, but whatever. What matters is the playoff drought now… Hamilton made it last year, did winnipeg? But when making the Bishop joke, I was referring to the Mike Kelly train wreck last year. Yes, we lost in '80, '84, '85, '89, and '98. So what’s your point? You can make a list like that for every CFL team. What happened to Winnipeg in '92, '93, '01, and '07? As for the stadium building indecision, I’m right with you on that. Hamilton City council needs to stop dragging their arses.

I guess the point I was trying to get across, is fans of both teams have no room to talk ! Both franchises haven't really worn out the parade route in the last 20 years !

heres the thing tho...

bombers were in the 2007 grey cup game, lost to sask. ham missed the playoffs.
bombers got eliminated in esf vs edmonton in 2008. cats missed the playoffs.
2009,we missed, cats lost the esf vs bc.

so really.. the bombers have been to the show and to the playoffs and id suspect if i look back further the bombers have been in it more in the last 10 years than the ticats have.

whens the last time the ticats won the cup? probably last time they were there.

ticats have sucked for years so to the fans in hamilton, playoffs = success.

in wpg, the bombers have always been to the playoffs in the last 10 years (minus 2 3 4 years).

we've been to the cup final a couple times, should have won both. "were the better team" with the better record.

playoffs in wpg = expected most years. in hamilton a 500 record is considered turning over a new leaf and competing with the 15-3 from last year atleast.. als.

its just different mentalities from basically what we consider a success.

ham = 9-9. playoff loss @ home = AWESOME.
wpg= 9-9. we suck. 13-5 and lose in grey cup.. we suck. 17-1 and lose in grey cup. we suck. 18-0 and lose grey cup. WE SUCK.

it is how it is.

Oh, I can tell this will be a fun rivalry this year. :thup: :rockin:

bombers are 1-0 right now. week 3, we could be 2-0, cats could be 0-2 and need to beat us to even… salvage the early part of the season… very early part but… if the bombers go 2-0 vs the cats… we only play 2 more times, week 6 and 7 i beleive, back to back… likely scenario is… 1 team wins @ home week 6, next week same thing with the home team winning.

week 3 will be important for the cats… more important than week 2 even. just like these first 3 games the bombers play are important… they are against eastern division teams and if we can go 3-0 and beat the cats twice in 2 early east division games… we should be allright for the first part of the season. its not inconceivable that the cats could be 0-5 or 0-6 even. its also not inconceivable when u look at the bombers schedule and how teams played last week (yes week 1 but still)

that they could be 5-0. 6-0 even. we dont really play montreal or sask until labour day and the week b4 i beleive… but then its montreal,sask,sask… so thats a tough stretch.

just sayin. not over for the cats but… by week 7… it could be :stuck_out_tongue:

It's early, but I would think the crossover is going to a real possibility again ? Unless Edm is really that bad ?

I have only trolled the Cats forum once, the reason cat fans are always quoting me is because i was right about alot of things and they just cannot admit it, simple as that.

Fact is The Bomber's just may be underestimated by everyone including the Cats, we are going to have a solid year and if the Cats play like they did last week all season they will be lucky to win 6-7 games.

And the Bottom Line is The Bombers are 1-0 and the rest of the East is 0-1!!

We will beat the Argos and go to 2-0, therefore T.O will be 0-2. Calgary will beat Hamilton and they will be 0-2, The Als should win this weekend and go 1-1, that is if the defense over there does not crap the bed, like they did against Sask!!

Agree with you there 100%; I’ll be shocked if Winnipeg loses that one.

Disagree here. Calgary looked singularly less than impressive against Toronto, and Hamilton is a better team than Toronto and are playing at home. This one I think puts the Cats at 1-1.

Agreed.

Agree on every point MadJack, except one. I like Calgary in a squeaker. Hamilton’s defence…gave up over 500 yards last week, and as far as I know, they’ve made no changes. Calgary should have a very good offence this year.