Let the Bandwagon Roll... I'll wait a bit to get on

Great win… well nigh unbelievable. I didn’t go but even though they won I didn’t mind. The only home games that they’ve won were ones in which I couldn’t use my tickets. If it wasn’t for the away games I might begin to think that it was me. Anyway…

Loved their play but I’m still not sold on the fact that they’ll win another game. The schedule isn’t kind.
They got some bounces yesterday that they haven’t got all season and that helped to give them the win. I’m not slagging them. You need some luck to win most games.

They’re still young. Sometimes it all comes together and young guys can be really up and down. Over a season I expect experience to win but it’s not a given. With that said, I put this down to one really really exciting game- great performances by some offensive players and enthusiastic performances by the defense- especially on the run. I’m STILL not sold on the fact that it’s all turned around and that the sun will now shine on the 'Cats. Years of disappointment prevent me from even allowing my hopes to get high. I’ll finally say that I saw some hope that they may be able to compete next year. My season tickets are as yet by no means guaranteed but I’d like to think that I can be persuaded by what I see over the final weeks.

This lady feels the same way about the Tiger Cats, Mark.

click here

Your love is like a tidal wave, spinning over my head
Drownin' me in your promises, better left unsaid
You're the right kind of sinner, to release my inner fantasy
The invincible winner, and you know that you were born to be

You're a Heartbreaker
Dream Maker, Love Taker
Don't you mess around with me!
You're a Heartbreaker
Dream Maker, Love Taker
Don't you mess around - NO NO NO!

Your love has set my soul on fire, burnin' out of control
You taught me the ways of desire, now its takin' its toll

You're a Heartbreaker
Dream Maker, Love Taker
You're a Heartbreaker
Dream Maker, Love Taker
Don't you mess around - NO NO NO!

You're a Heartbreaker
Dream Maker, Love Taker
Don't you mess around with me
You're a Heartbreaker
Dream Maker, Love Taker
You're a Heartbreaker
Dream Maker, Love Taker
You're a Heartbreaker
Dream Maker, Love Taker

You know that you seldom go from the cellar to the Cup in one step, Mark. It's just nice to have a step forward instead of another step backward to carry around for a week. Should lighten release some tension around here for a few days as well.

Personally, I think this guy's performance sums up what it means to be a Ticats fan. :wink:

Why does it now have to be 'bandwagon" time?

An ugly blowout and it was full panic mode and all "major problems" "laughingstock", "dissillisuioned", "fire XYZ", "no one wants my tickets"

How about just recognize the progress and give credit where credit is due, enjoy the win and the play of some of the rookies.

The extreme mood swings in here is often bizarre.

Your crew's incessant attacks on this website are more bizarre. Stay on your own if you don't like it here.

I'm with you.

Our young team had a good game, let's enjoy watching them improve. They were never as bad as the naysayers portrayed it, and they aren't the second coming of the '67 team now. But they're our Cats regardless, and it's great to see them have a win over a top team.

Some people dont just jump off the bandwagon. They jump off, slash the tires and set it on fire .

Mark, how DARE you temper all of the self-congratulation with a little dose of reality?? :wink:

I can totally see where Mark is coming from. I think it was a great win and a lot of the players stepped up and did very well. I think there are definately some building blocks for the future here, but I don’t think all this “I told you so BS” that we’re getting is necessary either.

Reality, exactly my point.

No need for bandwagon jumping for the same reason there was no reason for mass firings and to burn Ticat gear in a giant bonfire after the BC blow out.

Things arent as bad as people so badly want to portrtay it and Sat. wasnt an East Final preview either. Enjoy the progress and keep an even keel.

Even keel? Exactly.

Not the "praise be to the organization" and "every trade is a good trade" crap I've been seeing around here.

Sure.
If the spirit moves praise people when they deserve it and defend them against stupid accusations.
Look at trades seperately and fairly and not an instant damnation just because one's favourite player is no longer here and not take trades personally.

When some fans no longer have the team to criticize they turn on each other. :roll:

Quite doubtfull last game's win put an end to that nor or will it ever end.

As you are proving.

Of course. It's the essence of being a fan praise and criticize. But bias, fairness , accuracy and intelligence therein is a whole other matter.

I don't think its a matter of 'everything being turned around' but I think some people need to contest that this team does have some good youth and some strong building blocks for the future. And when Obie scouts and states all year that he like players such as Prechae, Porter, Siskowic we should give them a chance to play before doubting Obie's abilities.

Wow, so much subtext in a relatively simple thread - a newbie would almost need a course to understand half of what's going on.

But then the word "bandwagon" in the post title is a bit of a provocation so it's not surpising that everyone entered with their hand on their knife.

Not enough of the above on your own site?

I'm with ya' on that one 100%, safetyblitz.

And I enjoyed listening to the emotion those
great blues singers felt in expressed themselves.