Lest We Forget.

While we may not agree on the motives behind the present Middle East conflict Canadians are involved in. I hope we can agree that those who are serving are brave souls.

I also hope we can agree that those who have served and returned from the conflict are hero's. Those who did not, made the ultimate sacrafice for what they believed in.

Below is a link where three of those souls reading Flanders Fields. I and I hope we as Canadians remember war is a terrible thing and we should continue to remember those who are willing to stand the line of fire for their country, our freedom and the people that live in it.

[url=http://www.thestar.com/fpLarge/video/274932]www.thestar.com/fpLarge/video/274932[/url]

The 11th month, the 11th day at the 11th hour take a moment and remember.

Lest we forget.
Jare

JareCanada, thanks for starting this post. Well stated.

I urge every one to attend your local Remembrance Day Services. As usual Hamilton's starts with a parade from the armouries starting at 10:15 with services at the Cenotaph commencing at 10:45.

In todays Spectator on Page A8 you will find further information for local communities services in Stoney Creek, Ancaster, Waterdown etc.

I can't state it any better than Jare already has so please make the effort. If you can't make it out you can watch the National Services from Ottawa on CBC.

Our prayers and our thanks to all that have served.

As a side bar to this. The Winnipeg game on Sunday to a 1 o'clock start because the original time of 12 o"clock conflicted with a Manitoba law that stated that no sporting event can start before 1 pm on Remembrance Day so people can attend services.

I showed the Flanders Fields video to my elementary students and they were so respectful and genuinely inquisitive.

I was very proud of my students today.

Jare

My eternal gratitude to all those who have served, are serving and will serve. Their courage does not go unnoticed.

My sentiments! You said that very well! :thup:

http://www.warmuseum.ca/cwm/remember/images/19760596-002.jpg

Everyone should visit here

http://www.glanmore.org/CdaRemembrance.html

It is a link to a Photo Book of Canadian War Dead from Afghanistan
It show the faces of Canadians who have Died.
Also a little about them
If you Support the war or you don't
This men still Need to be Remembered

My God Rest the Souls

Bump.

Bump.

Our armed forces have my respect. I have also passed on to my son how important their sacrifice is for the freedoms we enjoy

..and Canadian Forces teams won the Grey Cup in 1942 and 1944. "The CFL and the CF - two great Canadian traditions."

THEY SHALL GROW NOT OLD AS WE
THAT ARE LEFT GROW OLD;
AGE SHALL NOT WEARY THEM NOR
THE YEARS CONDEMN.
AT THE GOING DOWN OF THE SUN
AND IN THE MORNING,
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.

I hope as many people as possible make it to their local ceremony today. We owe a tremendous debt to all those who served us - in preservation of all we have. Lest we forget.

:thup:

God bless all who have served our great country. Hope to see the CWH Lancaster in the air today :thup:

A bump to remember.
Jare

I have just come home after going to the concert at Hamilton Place. It was just great. As a vet I think I can speak for all of us who are really not looking for a thank you. We just did what we thought was needed to do.
How is this for a die hard TiCat fan. I was over in the Congo when the Ticats played the BC Lions. I was there all by my lonesome listening to the game, very late at night on the CBC overseas radio network. But it was worth not sleeping as Hamilton won.
I do have to say though, it really does bother me when I read things in the paper and other media who knock what we do. Sometimes people have to do something to help
They came for the blacks, I wasnt one so I didnt bother. they came for the jews Iwasnt one so I didnt bother. they came for me, and there was no one to help..

I stumbled across this site while surfing the 'net. While a US Marine, I occasionally had the honor of training with men and women of the Canadian Armed Forces. Whether this war is right or wrong is irrelevent to those who serve. I thank those who have served. I pray everyday for the souls of those who have made the supreme sacrifice and for their loved ones left behind.

From the heart. :thup: