Leo's down and out, should we....

……Looks like Wally world’s ride in 18’ has come to a grinding halt…The only club they could possibly catch are ….wait for it…US…. However we did win the season series against them and it would be a stretch for them to catch us…Also Arceneaux is finished for the year with a torn Achilles tendon pretty much snuffing out any hope for their season…The rumours are that Hervey would like to make some deals to strengthen the team for next year…Which brings me to this…We have 2 first round picks in 19’…I really like this Brian Burnham guy and he’d be an excellent pairing with Darvin Adams down the stretch and for 19’…What are the thoughts on making a trade involving one of our 19 picks…like a second rounder and another player ….maybe an o line guy like Spooner for Burnham…I think we need to shore up our receiving corps and this looks like an opportunity…Would we even consider it ?? Knowing how O’Shea and Walters work…it might be a stretch…BUT I’d like to hear what others think

I would go for it in the blink of an eye. Burnham’s a gamer. Maybe we can trade a pick for a CB too. Any CB.

I think the lions would lose some fans if they traded away Burnham. I know it would piss me off.

Geoff Gray released by the Browns, you want trade bait, we now have a stockpile of olinemen and BC has a stockpile of receivers. I’d like Rainey & Burnham.

……IF Gray shows up this year (possibility) then definitely I’m packaging Spooner (who Wally was in luv with last year and tried to poach him) and a pic for Burnham or Rainey…Fans in B.C. would definitely be p’od …for awhile until they see that they are building for next year…Short time pain for long term gain… Have we got the nards to pull it off ::)Very big question

I still can’t figure out why no one has picked up Bakhari Grant who was released at T.C. from Riders. He was a 1,000 yarder last year and seemed like a gamer to me.

I always liked Grant. Good consistent player. Let’s get him !

…..Washington getting first team reps. Dan....He may be taking Lankford's spot....We could be getting a look at him..finally

Good. Good. Good. As long as we are trying something instead of just standing pat.

I’d take Burnham, but don’t see it happening. Still half a season to go and only the Stamps have really distanced themselves in the division. You could count the Esks there as well, but it would have been a much easier case had they closed out the Ticats and not blown their lead and the win. I just don’t think BC so obviously throws in the towel after losing Arceneaux this quickly and not in Wally’s last year. Though if they were inclined to make a move, seems like a National OL would be the ideal way to get their attention.

Curious to see what Washington can do. Per reports, they are starting him outside and moving Adams inside so Washington won’t have to worry about the waggle too much and play more “American style” receiver. I’m just hoping the move inside doesn’t get Adams hurt. Personally, I’d still prefer to see Flanders in the lineup because of the options that opens up with Harris to make it harder for D’s to key on him. A lot of people will wonder why a the guy who had the big catch and TD run vs the Stamps comes out, but it’s not surprising. Lankford had a shot at receiver last year and this. Consistency and ability to get open are key, you can’t just be fast.

I agree. Bryan Burnham would be a fabulous addition for the Bombers but I can't see the Lions parting with him.

I don't see where/how the Bombers could fit Chris Rainey into the roster though. They already have Timothy Flanders as a really good RB to spell Andrew Harris but he's not been dressing.

Curious to see what Washington can do. Per reports, they are starting him outside and moving Adams inside so Washington won't have to worry about the waggle too much and play more "American style" receiver. I'm just hoping the move inside doesn't get Adams hurt. Personally, I'd still prefer to see Flanders in the lineup because of the options that opens up with Harris to make it harder for D's to key on him.
Indeed. I'd rather drop an import SB to make room for Flanders who's a flexible enough tailback to be used as a receiver as well as ball carrier,

:-\

I agree! I don't understand why no team has grabbed Bakari Grant yet. He's a 6'4" receiver who gained over 1000 yards on pass receptions last year.

:-\

Posey is up for grabs from the NFL. Always liked that guy when he played for Toronto.

......Popp says he wants him back...….after signing Carter????....something going to give

Is there someone we could get from the defense that could help us. I would rather we shore up the secondary.

…...We need to look at some nfl cuts and quit trying to go with inferior talent and expect a winner...Is the answer in nfl cuts?? Let's put it this way....staying with poor to mediocre players and not trying to improve those positions is a road to disaster...I truly hope Washington shows us something today and that sticking with the guys we brought in isn't/hasn't been all bad

When we haven't played that weird wide open pass defense, we have been pretty good. We may have the answer in our backups, I don't know and apparently neither does anyone else cause nobody has ever seen any of them in game action. Again the folly of not playing guys when you can. If you don't know or trust a player to come in when you need him, you stand pat. Sound familiar.

I just wonder how bad we are gonna look today and how good we are gonna make the Riders look. I look forward to this game like a racetrack gambler with his last 2 bucks on a long shot to win. Yeah, there is always that chance....but.....

Papa, there are more than a few NFL cuts that could come in and have an immediate impact and I don't even watch the NFL but I do remember guys who have played up here before.
If the Toronto team wants to HOG Posey, let's get Bakari.