Lemon signs one-year deal with Edmonton

EDMONTON — The Edmonton Football Team has signed former CFL East Division All-Star defensive end Shawn Lemon through the 2021 season, it was announced on Wednesday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/02/03/lemon-signs-one-year-deal-edmonton/

I would of preferred Hughes signing with the Eskimos. However the well traveled

Shawn Lemon is a capable rush end with 70 career sacks and counting. Best of luck with the Green & Gold in the 2021 season.

Matt! Glad you made the transition from Facebook Comments to these forums! Welcome! :slight_smile:

Thank you for your kind words Sully. Look forward to viewing your intelligent posts as well. Who is your favorite CFL team ? :face_with_monocle:

Shawn Lemon is one of the most underrated pass rushers in the game.

He became an instant fan favorite in Toronto when he was here, along with when Bear Woods came via Free Agency, and the return of Marcus Ball from his NFL years.

I said this in another thread where I really feel bad for him. Most of the time he got traded. Since his Toronto days, it was like traded from Toronto to BC. Back to Toronto via trade or Free Agency (I lost rack on his movement like I said). Then signed in BC, and is now with Edmonton.

He will do well in Edmonton. He is a very unselfish style of player. He will make your defense a lot better. His work ethic is second to none. He will make other players on the defense better.