Leif Pettersen passed away today.

At the age of 57 due to a heart attack. Condolences to his family. Sad day for the CFL.

Wow.
Yes RIP and condolenses to his family.

Wow, so young, you just never friggin know in this world. All the best.

Godspeed to his family and friends and to Leif.

That really bites. I always liked Leif. Condolences to his family

…Condolences to the Pettersen family…way too young to have left us…

What. ? I'm shocked. MR.Leif Pettersen was imo the Best CFl Broadcaster guy Ever. Condolences to his family. R.I.P.

Not a good year for the CFL... Condolences...

An untimely passing for sure.

RIP

Wow, quite a shocker. I always liked him as a colour guy. Condolences to his family and friends.

Very sad news. You will be missed, Leif.

He was a great ambassador for the CFL. Such a shocking loss is very hard to take :frowning:

My thoughts are with his family and his colleagues.

A good player, a good color man, and good ambassador for the game. Condolences to his family, co-workers and friends.

Had the privilage of sharing the field at one time. Condolences to family and friends. Yet another wonderful person, and friend to the CFL, taken far to early.

Not to stir the pot…but why exactly was he booted off TSN… Was it when Cuthbert showed up that he got pushed aside…or did he step away on his own (under 60 years old …I doubt it)…
John Wells and Leif were both gone before the age of sixty… and Rod Black and Glen Suitor have jobs…give me a break.

I may be mistaken, but didn't he do some games with Rod Black last year? If so, it seems Duane Forde took over his spot for whatever reason. I'd have preferred Pettersen.

RIP Leif; I'll always remember you as a Tiger-cat, since you were in the black and gold the year I started following the CFL.

Condolences and best wishes to his family.

first off, condolences to the Petterson family!!!!

Leif has it all as a colour commentator. Good looks (the ladies apparently loved him on t.v.and that was good for ratings), good speaking voice and was knowledgeable and opinionated. I liked him as a commentator very much. He almost was confident bordering on cocky but that did not bother me. As to why he left t.v. broadcasting I am not sure. In my humble opinion, Leif and Suitor were / are the best colour guys along with Ron Lancaster who I also liked.
May his family quickly discover some peace.
RIP Leif!!!

I loved Leif. He was a class guy whose love for the CFL was evident.

my condolences to his family.

I was blown away by this news. Always was in great shape, good loking, he looked like he'd live to a 100. Now gone...wierd.