Lefors - Season Over

No surprise here, but look when the injury occurred !!!

[url=http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/LeFors-on-injured-list-58504302.html]http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breaki ... 04302.html[/url]
WINNIPEG - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have placed quarterback Stefan LeFors on the nine-game injured list, effective immediately.

Lefors, who first injured his right shoulder in the Bombers’ season-opening game on July 2 in Edmonton, underwent an MRI on the shoulder earlier this week.

The club is still waiting on those results and it is not yet known if surgery will be required. LeFors had only limited action in practice earlier this week.

Something strange here. A guy gets hurt and they wait 2 1/2 months to get an MRI. What's with the trainers? Further, Wouldn't the CFLPA have something to say about a fellow's wages being cut while he was hurt bad enough to go on the disabled list? Mr. Kelly, you wouldn't be trying to unload Lefors underhandedly would you? Hmmmmmmm!

....Lefors could've hid the injury for some time before telling the trainers something was bothering him, guys job was on the line, no telling what steps he took to protect it...not saying this is the case, but dont' be so quick to jump down the throat of the mgmt on this one...

Who's reading the MRI results, Nick Riviera? I mean, how long should this take?

The MRI was done on Tue's......And I think it's the Lefors decision if he wants surgery to end his season.From an article in the Sun the other day talking with Lefors,He thinks he hurt in the opening game and when he took the hit in Hamilton later he thinks it made it worse,but he doesnt even know from the sounds of it.

...LeFors thought he could go....and 'what' was 'nagging' him would somehow disappear...How many of us have tried that only to find....whoah ...i guess i better see the doc...He's done for this year....We'll see him back next year...this guy is not a quitter...Meanwhile Bramlet will be the next prospect to don the BluenGold and get us to the Cup.... :wink: welllll okay....he'll suit-up and get into a few games ...hopefully.... :roll:

Knowing full well that the injury would cost him the starters roll and the extra $60K on his contract, he obviously was trying to play through it if he possibly could.

If he was hurt in game 1, the Bombers should pay him his full salary.(150 000) He probably could grieve the pay cut he took. It was gutsy to play through the injury, but it shouldn’t cost a person 60 000.

Maas tried to play through the injury in Hamilton without telling anyone how bad it really was, and all he did was hurt the team.

I will get trashed but what the heck, I have a pretty thick skin :smiley:

The Bombers could win the cup this year with Bishop! A vote of confidence to Bishop as your QB would go a long way. It`s already reached the point where Bishop is looking over his shoulder I believe. Kelly should come out today and say, Michael is our starting QB for the rest of the season, win or lose.

Now come and get me :rockin:

If you agree to shrink your damn sig pics to something smaller than a scroller, I won’t make any smart-arse comments about your above post.

....i was just thinking (that's dangerous)... looking at kellyfanatics pics....specifically the one with Flutie and Bishop...if somehow you could pull off one of those sci-fi tricks and have a brain transition/transmission between the two....man would you have one helluva qb.....poor Flutie though... :slight_smile:

:lol: That's good Papa!

KF - If the Bombers continue to stay in the post season race then I agree - they MUST stay with Bishop and stand behind him. However once that opportunity of Post Season is gone - it’s time to put in the others and start next years training camp early!

Even if we do make the playoffs, to convince me this guy should be at training camp next year he will need to string up some solid, consistent numbers. 2-1 TD/Int ratio, 300+ yards every game and a positive win/loss record. I just don’t believe he has that kind of consistancy in him! If he can’t do that by now - he never will.

:lol: That's good Papa!

KF - If the Bombers continue to stay in the post season race then I agree - they MUST stay with Bishop and stand behind him. However once that opportunity of Post Season is gone - it's time to put in the others and start next years training camp early!

That`s basically what I meant BB, now I just have to shrink my pics for Artie