Lefko promoting Tillman as Edmonton GM

Edmonton should maybe hire him as the head of their scouting department but not where he will be supervising employees. Also showed he can't manage a payroll.

The way he managed a payroll was simple... Is a fine for going over the salary cap werth enough for a chance at grey cup? If signing Joseph puts us 100,000 over can we make that back in his jersey sales?

He also discarded the owners budgets in Ottawa...

I don't have a problem with Eric Tillman being the GM in Edmonton. Would rather he was the GM of the Argos but there isn't an opening right now unfortunately.

ET plead Guilty. The court 'Discharged' the case (no trial - to spare the victim - and no conviction). The accusation and guilty plea remain on ET's permanent Police Record.
Thanks !

So I should word it Guilty of sexual assault on a minor.

It was a summary offense - don’t see the word minor used.

May I suggest you word it “HfxTC’s stir the pot - self righteous - I AM THE AUTHORITY NOT THE JUDGE - ( fill in the blank with what ever wording pleases you )”

That may be just my thoughts but non the less no more or less important then yours. Everyone in the country knows what happened as well as the wishes of the Victim. I will say it again - I personally feel it is too soon for him to return but can see no value in dragging this issue - again - through the mud just for the sake of doing so.

Wow. Gotta love this thread. I guess it was just an excuse to insult a team's fanbase and continue to drag a man's name through the mud. Awesome! :thup:
Huh no. This thread exists because a reporter is trying to prop up a guy who pleaded guilty of sexually assaulting his babysitter for an open very high paying , high profile job while he drags on of the cleanest guys in football Coach Richie Hall through the mud.
Did you read your own link? I hardly call that dragging someone through the mud. Yes he pitches for Tillman but other then saying he thinks Hall simply hasn't made the transition from co-ordinator to head coach. The writer is critical of Hall's record and uses other examples to demonstrate his point. I hardly call that dragging him through the mud.

I like Hall - Not sure what the answer is for the Eskies ( keep hall or not ) , but I assure you there is a lot worse being said about Hall then what that article says. Maybe a Tillman / Hall combo would work…

Not true, the disfunctional Renegades ownership lead by Watters was fighting and pulled the plug on Eric for cash to the team.
Having to cut back on salaries and in fact, the team could only dress two QB’s.
Also, I recall coach Joe Paopao having to use his personal credit card on a few occasions, one being during a team dinner out of town.
Eric Tillman is class all the way and he made a mistake and has paid for it.
Boy in this country everyone who makes a mistake, (fill in here with mega crooked politicians) gets a second, third, fourth chances etc…
If I was the owner of the Argos, Mr. Braley please, I would have hired him before the season.

If you mean telling Tillmman that they didn’t need a 3rd string QB , as it was to expensive ! Only you would pin the Ottawa mess on Tillman ! I think Tillman is slime, but still get your facts straight on the Ottawa situation !

While it may have been unrealistic Ottawa’s owners told Tillman that the payroll budget was X (From memory this was around 3 million at the time).

So please inform us what EXACTLY it was that Tillman did that got him charged with sexual assault.

If he was class all the way we wouldn’t be having this discussion.

Having met the man, however breifly, I just did not get a good vibe from him. Add that to the many stories I have heard from inside the Rider organization, and “Class” isn’t one of the words I would use to describe Eric Tillman. He reminds me of a politician.

But quite honestly I don’t think this discussion needs to be made as despite what Mr. Lefko thinks, I have heard that ET isn’t even in the talks as Lalechuer isn’t fond of him. Take that as you will, but my sources are pretty good.

According to THIS story from the Toronto Star:

• The judge believed Tillman was "genuinely remorseful"

• The discharge means Tillman is considered guilty of the offence, but will not have a criminal record, and will not have to meet any conditions to keep his record clear.

• The Crown did not oppose a discharge of some kind.

• Court heard he came up behind the teen, put his thumbs through her belt loops and pulled her body against his, although Tillman has said he doesn't remember anything.

Is it really worth never letting him work again for this?

You have to keep in mind this topic was started by HfxTC, and if you could've seen the original title before it was edited... :roll:

You lost me at “he’s a good writer”. Everything of Lefko’s I’ve read has been riddled with factual errors. And “good” writers don’t miss key facts - sloppy and/or bad writers do. I don’t think Lefko knows what the word “research” means.

Regardless of his criminal record, he was found guilty of sexual assault. Let’s not minimize what Tillman did.

That being said, being found guilty of a crime does not mean you shouldn’t be able to be employed for the rest of your life. However, it may be a bit too soon for Tillman to return to being a GM. I agree with Hfx that he should probably spend a few years as a scout working hard and regaining the trust of the league. If he stays clean, then maybe think about putting him in charge of lots of people again.

He wasn't found guilty.

Hey if the Eskimos mgmt and their fans are desperate enough to want chester the molester on the sidelines then so be it. I know that every time I see his Mug on TV I will see him groping a young girl. No credibility at all.

But hey thats just me.

He plead guilty though.

Oy. He WAS guilty. He pleaded guilty to the charge and was able to avoid jail time because of the plea agreement. So while he doesn’t have a criminal record, and was technically not ‘found guilty’, he did actually do what he was accused of doing. Which makes him guilty in any ethical sense.

I use to believe the same until he made out of line uncalled for and false disparaging remarks and insinuations about Paopao, Now the guy is dirt to me.

and messing with your babysitter is not just a mistake. coloring outside the lines is a mistake.