Lefko - Keith to sign Tuesday

KK is a great signing.... IF Marcel adds something exotic like a screen pass once and a while.

First of all Keith is a real game breaker, that can't be denied. If he is playing in the CFL again I am glad he is with us and not against us.

I don't know what his attitude off the field was when he was with the Riders and don't really care much. I read the Police Report (yes they actually put it in the Indy paper, the actual arrest report) and it didn't sound like anything more than a bunch of guys on a night out drinking and hanging around the parking lot after. Got a bit mouthy with the paid duty cops at the bar and got carried away a bit I guess. Most of the guys in the stands have done that at one time or another.

Anyway, good to have a quality football player in the fold and we will have to wait and see how it plays out.

I'm sure KK will be a solid back. That said, we already have a few solid backs. There are other areas where we need to spend money.

It hasn’t been a problem for our backs this year. If Keith comes in and is not absolutely sensational, I’m talking about a 9 or 10 yard average, then you really can’t justify his signing because that is what it will take to top what our backs have done. That’s just the facts. He’ll probably be decent, 5 yds per carry or so. But I just don’t see how that helps the top rushing team in the league.

Well let's break out the champagne :roll: ! Does anyone really believe he can improve our running game. Our running game is dominant. It doesn't even matter IF Keith can still play. The point is I don't see how we can improve what the running game has already done. Excuse me if I don't get giddy over this.

notabengal wrote: "I can't see how we can improve....."

not etc:
Why not wait until you see him play before going out on a limb with comments like this?

Attitude - Not our concern we're not in the lockerroom.

Money - Not our concern we dont manage the cap and dont pay the bills.

Why cant Ticat fans be happy over the signing of an elite player?

If Toronto was signing him we'd be complaining...

I like the signing. Kenton Keith isn't known for being injury prone so you could argue that he brings consistency to an already potent running attack.

I would also argue that if Jesse and Caulley can average what they do there is no reason to believe that Kenton Keith can't average what they do.

Keith averaged 6.2 yards a carry in the CFL from 2003 - 2006. Last year he averaged 4.4 yards a carry with the Colts. I think that does speak that he will be able to maintain the average our RB's have this season.

Our number one back now is hurt most of the time and turned down an extension at the start of the season. He is leaving. People asked where all the nfl cuts were, well........two years in a row the cats signed the number one nfl cut(if this goes through). Jesse is leaving and not dependable anyways. I am glad this team now goes out and gets the guy.....it used to be "we almost had him but lost out by a few thousand at the last minute". Now if they want him they get him and thats a switch from years gone by. Time will tell if its a good move or not but getting him is the first step. Printers hasnt worked out but I am not giving up on him just yet.

The Cap isn't an issue. You just front load it for this year so the additional seasons are a decreased hit.

Then you go to Jesse and give him an offer right now. If he takes it good...if not you deal him in the next week or so for something. i.e. OL, DL, WR, draft pick, PR player, neg list player, whatever.

Great signing. A healthy back who can carry the load of a full season.

Maybe we didn't improve the running game but we did move laterally in this move.

I luv Jesse but his time in Hamilton is done. I never said he was injury prone until his latest injury. I don't want my RB going down every 2-3 games for a game or two cuz he is hurt.

Like I said before, we have won 1 game with Jesse in the line up. He's not hurting us and he's putting us in a position to win but we aren't winning with him, even though it may not be his fault.

Look at Charlie Taffe, he's a good coach. Good, not great. He's won in this league before. Are you going to keep him on with a 5-23 record? No. Why? Cuz he's losing! Who cares about the talent level on the team. Bottom line is wins.

Everyone here has the chance to get cut. We suck! We cannot find a way to win. We are a better team than last year but are we going to win 3 games to tie that club? Maybe, maybe not!

Football is about culture. A winning culture makes it easy to resign here and attract players. A losing culture, which the cats have, makes people want to test free agency and play for themselves.

HMM most likely the following :

1. That Prnters and his big contract are gone as they cannot afford Keith otherwise .

2. That likley Lumsden is gone as free agent as they can’t afford to spend this type of moeny on two running backs ,. My guess is that Lumsden has given them a courteous heads up that he will nto sign here next year.

3. That they are not so confident in Caulley . Keith would now be the highest paid rb in the league . I am not convinced that Keith approached being the best inthe league as Colbourne in montreal , Cates in SASK , Roberst in BC , Smith in WPG ,and Lumsden and Caulley are all better .

Why we continue to stock pile QB’s and RB’s and have very little quality in reciever , linebacker , and dlineman defies me

On another note I saw sowem good things from the coach thsi past week …the fake kick …and overall enthusiasm and positive approach …

rodriguez, adams, cameron liskowitz , anthony all looked good

still think gordon has to go

i getthe impression printers doesnt want to be here
can he be this bad and i told nyself if porter even looks ok then something is wrong with printers …porter looked better than ok and yes i know thy have no film on him but hey if he looks ok against bc this weekend then we will know

I didn’t mean to say that Hamilton couldn’t run the ball…I do recognize that all the backs have done a good job in Hamilton this year…I should have indicated more that Keith can’t pass the ball…still you have to have playmakers and if Lumsden isn’t going to sign…I think Keith is better than Caulley and is more likely to score the 60 yard td…Hamilton either needs a different system to utilize Printers ability, better receivers to work within the system…or maybe Printers isn’t good enough…it has to be something…although Hamilton is much closer this year than in year’s past…

why start another thread about Keith? you had this post in another thread already…

Caulley better than keith, no way. Not unless keith is only half as good now as he once was. Roberts is less than he was. Smith is a question mark. If keith still has it, he will be top 3, if used as he should be that is

Have to agree, if he is healthy. He will be one of the premier backs in the league.

WOW,
I think that a lot of Ticat fans disagree with your opinion.
Where should I start???
Well if any player comes to town and displays criminal behavior he should be kicked off the team.
Great player, good player it does not matter.
I do not think that I am alone here.

You really think the Bills recent history of losing is because they only would choose players with good charactor??
And now that they are 3-0 it is because they will now draft players with questionable character(Lynch had no character issues when they picked him by the way if that who you are refering to)

And you call a player a drunk…based on what??
I know that he pleaded guilty to a traffic violation and was not diciplined by the NFL.

Quite a strong opinion stated!!
Not so strong on facts however!!

I am still amazed that Holmes went from hero to zero so fast. Ya just never know, sigh

I still don’t get how this makes us better. I hope it does, really, but until both our lines are better, its gonna be an uphill battle on every down.

Done deal according to CP: http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/cfl/news?slu ... &type=lgns