Lefko - Keith to sign Tuesday

[url=http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/2008/09/22/keith_tigercats/]http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/20 ... tigercats/[/url]

At a reported average of $175k per year

Comments to come include....

• Get Rid of Jesse
  • Caulley is better
  • We overpaid him
  • This must mean Printers is gone
  • Fire the coach

start chang!!
those other comments arent to come, theyve been said for a week!

The writing is on the wall! Regardless of whether Keith signs, Lumsden and Printers appear expendable...Jesse, great talent but like fine China...Casey,good ability but seems to have lost it and at a salary higher than his results, plus Porter and Williams have produced more in their limited showings. The team must move on!!

Keith is better than Lumsden. But he's an import. Hard to find a good RB(and health) thats non-import.

The writing is on the wall! Regardless of whether Keith signs, Lumsden and Printers appear expendable
Is Keith a QB/RB?? Otherwise I dont understand how this signing makes Printers expendable.
8) If Keith joins the Cats tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Jesse sat down for the remainder of the season !!
 It appears that the Cats know that this latest injury to Jesse is not something minor, or they would not have gone out at this point to sign KK for that amount of money  !!!

At this point in time, we may have seen the last of Jesse as a TiCat  !!           <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

Is this a case of us signing him and then tradeing him for someone we need? like a o linemen wr ?

Well at least JL isn't in a TiCat uniform on the Future Shop commercials, maybe someone knew something here. Hmmm, Joseph isn't either in these commercials. :wink:

8) Who are you referring to, Jesse or Keith ???
 If we sign KK, we certinly won't be trading him.

Any other team could sign him right now as a free agent if they come up with a better offer than what the Cats have offered him  !!!!

Great news as KK is a great running back.
All running backs get beat up and injured, so the more great running backs the better .Jesse hopefully stays here and between them we have one running back who is great and one who is injured ,kind of a rotating system.

Actually, I think they've been said for about two years.

Start Eakin!

Yet ANOTHER questionable USE of resources. There is NOTHING anybody can say to CONZVINCE me that this team NEEDED another RB.

Keep trying O'Bumble-vich ...

Peace.

we need o line help!
we dont need a rb we just need a line.

He’s an exciting running back and will help the team. I’m glad he’s coming back, last time he played in Hamilton he looked pretty impressive.

Yeah! How dare our General Manager offer contracts to players that may improve our team!

Here is a quote from the man you callously refer to as "O'Bumble-vich"

"If you can upgrade your team at any position, why wouldn't you?" O'Billovich told the Spectator Friday. "It's not going to hurt us with Jesse. We've wanted to work out a system so we could get Jesse, and who ever the American tailback is, to see if we can do something with it. It's been unfortunate the last couple of weeks with Jesse's injury."

So really, the question becomes, who is a better feature back, Terry Caulley or Kenton Keith?

Here is some food for thought. Jesse Lumsden is a free agent next season. What happens if he decides to leave Hamilton for greener pastures in the off-season and the Ticats pass on Kenton Keith? All of a sudden this team strength and depth becomes a real liability in a hurry with Terry Caulley being a feature back and no one with any experience or discernable talent behind him. (And no, I didn't forget about Tre Smith.)

Jesse's talent is immense, no one can take that away from him, but the combination of his ability to avoid injuries and his birth certificate have put Hamilton in a very tough spot with regards to the roster. Maybe Obie would just prefer to go a more traditional route with an import at tailback so he doesn't have to juggle the roster/ratio every time Jesse leaves the field.

A team that is 2 - 10 this season, who is rapidly eroding it's fanbase, doesn't really have the luxury of trying to re-invent the wheel with a non-import feature tailback.

• paul

if jesse leaves and i expect him too what is wrong with caully being the feature back and having tre play a few plays when needed? caully has proved that he can be a number one. so all i am saying is i hope we dont pay too much for keith and not have enough money to improve both of our lines.

The Cats need help on the O Line

The Cats need help on the D Line

The Cats are weak at LB

The Cats need help in the defensive backfield.

Other than Prechae, and sometimes Bauman, they are horrible at receiver.

The Cats have to decide on a QB.

We know all this cause they are dead last at 2-10!

The one area that they don't need help is at RB. In fact, in the rare event of Jesse being healthy enough to play, they have a guy sitting who could probably start on any team!.

Why not spend the $$$ in an area that is going to help.

Caulley has been great, can't see KK being much better specially at double the price

Obie has lost it for sure.

If we pickup KK, I say we should:
1. Trade Printers to Argos for
Arland Brue III.
2. Trade Caulley out west for a
starting O-linemen
KEITH AND JESSIE would be a good combination
both can catch and are power backs.

Sources tell TSN that the Hamilton Tiger-Cats will announce Monday afternoon that running back Kenton Keith has signed a three-year contract with the club.

[url=http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=250324&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_cfl]http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=250324& ... pStory_cfl[/url]

I am happy we are getting somebody we can rely on! :wink: