LeFevour Signs with MTL!!!

lefevour wants to, and will start in this league. unfortunately the mighty kent austing doesn’t think it’s going to be with hamilton, and neither do I

Still no signing;

How much is the ACL injury affecting his market value?

Still a ridiculous and misleading thread title. I see you did not take the feedback to heart. There’s another thread you could have posted in.

How could one ever take an ill-tempered, knee-jerk reaction to something as petty as a forum topic to heart?

Anyway, moving back to a discussion about football - as the forum is intended for;

Dan’s still closer to signing with MTL than he is with HAM, but Drew Edwards brings up a good point in his article ablut the Kevin Glenn signing, that Glenn would have undermined Crompton. Lefevour in MTL would have the same effect.

Perhaps, OTT and BC have become the front runners, depending on Dan’s health.

In my book, signing Glenn or Lefevour in Montreal should be labelled as COMPETITION. If acquiring these players undermines Crompton, then perhaps professional sports is not for him. Coaches do this all the time for every other position on the team.

For THE most critical job, you need someone who has emotional strength and who WANTS to compete on every level. If your assessment of Crompton is valid, then he is not THE man for THE job, and thus all the more reason to bring in more help when he crumbles.

I don’t think so. BC recently signed a 5th QB so I doubt they have interest in LeFevour although I had thought it might be a good spot for him. Ottawa has already indicated that they had no interest so must be happy with the QBs that they already have as possible back-ups/starters (DeMarco/O’Brien).

It's amazing isn't it that a quarterback thought to be practically a future hall of famer by some posters in here can't seem to find a job?

Wonder if CFL GMs just might know something a little bit more about the player's talent level than do fans in an online forum?

I dont think it has anything to do with what any GM thinks about his talent. It has to do with the status of his injury. If he has not recovered to a level that a CFL GM feels comfortable with why would they put him on the payroll? His talent is not in question. So no its not amazing MadJack the guy is most likely still not recovered enough and that`s unfortunate. IMHO

I agree with that. If he is not going to be fully recovered enough to participate fully in training camp (some might want to see him in mini camp action too), then I can see GMs not wanting to take a chance, especially if they want him to compete for a starting role or even #2. Austin is the only GM/HC who would know exactly what he is getting - should Dan return. Id be happy to see him sign a on-year deal with the Ticats.

It may come down to that if Dan wants to play football this year. Austin can even protect him by putting him on the six-game injured list to start the season (where his salary won’t count against the cap). Win-win in my opinion…

Any other interested team could do the six-game bit as well; no advantage for any team over another. It depends on (1) who is willing to put their money where their interest is and (2) where LeFevour sees his best chance going forward.

Contracts in the CFL are not guaranteed. Only bonuses are.
CFL teams are not required to be Cap compliant until the end of the year.
LeFevour is looking for a starters job, their are none left at the moment
HAM is his best option as a backup QB because he would automatically slot into the #2 position by knowing the offense.
LeFevour may be waiting until after training camp or into the season and wait for a starting QB to get injured and try to land a starters role that way.
I really think he should re-sign with the Cats, and I have the feeling he will.

This thread title. Ugh.

X100

can the mods delete mistitled threads or at the very least, retitle them?!?!?

J'adorerais si c'était vrai.

Mais pour l'instant, LeFevour est toujours agent libre.

if you want your comments read why post in a language 75% on this forum do not understand?
just saying.

He’s posting in one of Canada’s official languages. He does so from time to time and I’m glad to hear his views.

I for one can understand his post. If I couldn’t, I could easily use the link provided to translate it for me.

What is it that you are “just saying”?

C’est une question bien légitime qui m’apparaît posée sans mauvaise intention.

Je parle cette langue que mon pays m’a donnée, et j’écris mal celle que j’ai dû apprendre. Je pourrais écrire en anglais le contraire de ce que je veux dire sans m’en rendre compte.

Il est très légitime de la part de quelqu’un qui ne lit pas le français de ne pas lire ce que j’écris s’il ne désire pas le lire. La liberté d’expression inclut celle de ne pas recevoir l’expression. Il n’y a rien de mal là-dedans.

J’écris pour partager certaines vues avec ceux qui aiment ce sport unique qu’est le football canadien. S’il est certain que plus de 75% des gens qui lisent sur ce babillard lisent l’anglais, il y a des gens qui comprennent ce que j’écris comme je réussis à lire ce qu’ils écrivent. On peut apprécier ou ne pas apprécier, c’est le privilège de chacun. Mais d’après les réponses que j’ai de certains des habitués de ce forum, on peut avoir ici des échanges intéressants et respectueux.

Votre question ne manquait pas de respect à mon sens. Elle ne demandait qu’une explication, à la limite ne faisait qu’une suggestion. Voilà, la réponse est donnée.

Bonne journée à vous!

Merci.

I see LeStaf is still posting in French on an English website. I don't want to cause any problems but enough is enough. Save your comments in your official language on your own website.