LEAVE PORTER IN!!!!!!!

If the coach thinks that right now glenn is the better qb then he should start. Its no different than any other position in that the best starts and the backup waits his chance and when called upon does his best. Nobody argues that barker is the so called 'future' yet beveridge starts right now because he is better right now. Its not hard to figure out. If your best qb at the time is not starting the game you wont last long as coach whether you hurt someones feelings or not.

I think too many people here have a man crush on QP. He seems like a good kid but he is not quite ready. We have an experienced MVP quarterback who has proven in the past and especially this year that he can lead us to a very successful season. He's 30 and just coming into his prime. Give him a chance to start.

At any rate, Marcel should encourage a bit of healthy confusion about who is starting in order to make Wally's prep for the rematch with BC that much more difficult.

(Although maybe Mike "0013" Kelly could lend Wally his dossier on each QB :lol: :lol: ).

You have to do what is best for the team at this point. If Porter starts against BC and doesn't punch it in, he should be watching from the sidelines. Yes I want to develop him into the great QB that he can be (probably so he can have his shot in the NFL lol), but not at the cost of winning.

I think Porter is being pushed to quick, put Glenn in and let Porter learn a little more, what will happen if they leave Porter in this season and they keep losing it will affect his confidence and all the Ti-cat fans will say at the end of the year what would our year have been if they would have played Glenn we might have made the playoffs. He is still young and learning nothing wrong with having him as backup this season and maybe look at him more as a starter next year. The team is looking good though

You dont think that might have been a look of “we’re losing, i was the starter, we cant get anything going” etc/

Porter has potential.
But man, when Glenn came into the game you can tell right away the guy knows how to read a defence.
He eludes the rush well and knows where to put the ball.

Glenn went in and made things happen immediatley. IMO the best QB should play. Right now that guy is Glenn, hands down. His first drive should have resulted in more points than porter put up again. If Glenn faulters put in Porter, but right now, the best QB should play b/c he gives the team the best chance to win. Right now, the best QB is Kevin Glenn. Not saying Porter wont be important this year or even get into the game if Glenn starts, but right now we cant afford to let him sit b/c he is outplaying CP

Im all for Porter starting next game, but if he fails to score tds in the red zone, he should be pulled for Glenn. This isnt a QB controversy, just business. After all the goal is to win games!

I think Porter has to start getting more zip on the ball. There was a couple passes that if he threw them longer, would have been long completions. Davis was wide open, and I believe that would have been a TD, if he didn`t have to stop and come back for it.

This is good experience for Porter and I believe if he gets the start next game, he will put it in the end zone but there is nothing wrong with getting Glenn in there if he can`t get it going after the first quarter.

Glenn actually looks better coming off the bench than starting. Believe me watching Glenn in the Peg starting was becoming a nightmare.

Glenn will be the starter next game, its a no brainer

Well said, if QP is always on edge and doubting himself how is he to impove?

I agree with Paul Pearson’s post. Leave Zuger in and at the same time take him out. Or maybe alternate QB’s each down. First down it’s Cosentino. second down it’s Zuger and soforth. Did I say Zuger? Sorry I meant Gene Cepetelli.
Now there was a kid with an arm! One night we were pounding them back at Paddy Green’s after getting creamed by that new kid Jackie Parker from out West. They called him Gene Gene The Draft Machine. Seems like just yesterday…but I know damn well it was last year. I think Tommy Grant was with us briefly that night. Tommy always left early,… yup. He could catch a nat in a snow storm but he couldn’t pick up a bar tab if you hit him right between the numbers. Hey, one last thing. If you put the QB in and at the very same time, you take him out, who takes the snap? Gotta go, time for my nap; talk amongst yourselves.

I don’t have a man crush on Bad Glenn. LOL

Good Glenn can be very good. The problem with guys who are inconsistent is that the operational double agent thing is only good if you are scoring a lot consistently. My feeling is QP when making mistakes is learning. Glenn? Not so much. As long as Bellefeuille ties Porter’s playing time to onfield performance (i.e. points and maintaining a competitve position for the club in the game), then KG has nothing to worry about.

Staying the course will pay more in the long run then doing the hokey-pokey at pivot.

Oski Wee Wee,

1. Dallas Cowboys. The “genius,” Tom Landry, shuttles Craig Morton and Roger Staubach EVERY down against the Bears. LMAO

It’s Zuger-Cosentino, it’s Clements-Holloway, it’s Jackson-Lancaster. At some point, you want the right side of the equation to present itself. If it’s a question of Porter-Glenn, I have a pretty good handle on the scenario that will ultimately lead the Cats back to the Grey Cup.

Oski Wee Wee,

The only thing that should matter is which QB can put a points on the score board..
And I'm not talking about getting the ball close for a field goal !

Its not which QB can throw more complete passes. It should be which QB can make those passes turn into touch downs.

Porter has not had a touchdown in his last 5 quarters of playing if I'm not mistaken.
As said before, this is about the Tiger- Cats, not QP. He is coming along well but Glenn is looking much more polished right now, and he is getting touchdowns.
Did any one else notice how much our running game picked up when Glenn came in?

Porter starts.

As long as he shows improvment from game to game and a progression toward the QB the Cats think he can get to he keeps starting. If he stops progressing, makes the same mistakes too often without learning from them or adjusting, then you sit and let him catch up by watching.

For me, and the cats staff i'm sure - as long as Porter keeps progressing and learning and building confidence he will keep to start.

I actually like the fact MB took him out against Winnipeg. It told Porter and to a certain extent the rest of the team - produce and make plays or watch.

I also like coming back to start him against Montreal.

It's a learing curve, Porter is not a liability out there, but he must continue to make progress to keep starting. On the flipside, if they go to Glenn, he has to get it done as well.

Cobb was 7 carries for 16 yards for the entire game, Glenn was 1 carry for 3 yards. Porter was the leading rusher with 37 yards on 7 carries, which doesn’t translate when pulled. Try again?

http://cfl.ca/statistics/statsGame/id/419

We seem to have more yards rushing when the HB is given multiple carries late in a loss and the opponent is playing a soft zone approach, but that never wows me. It’s using your backs effectively when the game is in the balance and if you can establish a lead that is critical.

Oski Wee Wee,

:thdn: I would like to see Glenn take the reps full time this week and Porter can hold the clipboard and apprentice this next game then we can see a different angle of what this 2009 Ticats are all about . After next week coach can reevaluate the situation....