League smacks Kelly in the head 2000.00 fine !

Toronto, ON (November 2, 2009) - The Canadian Football League (CFL) announced today that it has fined Winnipeg Blue Bomber Head Coach Mike Kelly $2,000.00 following his behaviour during a post-game broadcast on a Winnipeg radio station. The Commissioner cited Kelly's confrontational language, demeanor and tone, and continued pattern of disrespectful behaviour towards the media, saying it reflects poorly upon the Canadian Football League.
Wow ! Even the league can't take his BS anymore.

It's funny how one guy can get fined $2,000 for getting upset with the media but another guy who uses every swear word in the book and threatens to physically assault a member of the media only gets fined $500 and it's not like Adam Rita hasn't had incidents in the past where he's lost his cool and gone after people.

By the way, a number of Bomber fans have decided to show their support by starting a Mike Kelly Fine Fund. The proceeds of the fund will be donated to charity. If you would like to contribute just drop off your donation at the Bombers office to the attention of Lyle Bauer.

Theres also another group called fire mike kelly. It’s doing very well with over 5000 members…

OOOOO! A scary Facebook group where half the people join because they want to add to their friends list and probably have no idea who Mike Kelly is. :roll:

I doubt that! I know with myself and my friends we would all be like who the heck is this weird looking mike Kelly guy? and that the hell do i care about the CFLcuz thats what id be saying if didn't know who he was haha :stuck_out_tongue: I think mike Kelly should consider being one of the wrestlers in the WWE's manager!

The difference between the two incidents is that Kelly's transgression was fully in public; over the airwaves. Rita's outburst was in a press box, so while it was reported on, no one other than those physically present at the time heard what he said. Is that a big enough difference to justify the discrepancy in fines? Who knows. . . and I don't really care, we've got enough threads on this as it is. . .

Haven’t you people got anything else to do?

Kelly deserves it, Kelly is a JERK, makes the league look bad, Very unprofesional, states he has a degree in sports psychology, LMAO, ya right !!!!!!!!!

If Hamilton wins, Kelly is FIRED !!!

You no what makes the league look bad, is Hamilton can't draw flies when they have a decent team for a change.
Or a team who combineed for 15 wins over 5 years,that makes the league look bad !

Oh, brother.

It's not like Winnipeg has been burning holes through the ticket window...

Besides guys like Kelly make the league look worse.

That, and spying of course. 8)

Out draw you guys every year in attendance ! You can’t even get 20 000, that’s pathetic !

You no what makes the league look bad, is Hamilton can't draw flies when they have a decent team for a change.
Or a team who combineed for 15 wins over 5 years,that makes the league look bad !
[/quote]
Oh, brother.

[/quote]
Out draw you guys every year in attendance ! You can't even get 20 000, that's pathetic !
[/quote]
How about that playoff game 2 years ago where you guys only got 22,000, or even last year only getting 27,000. I promise you, if there are playoffs in the Hammer there will be more than the lowly 22,000 Winnipeg got for the east semis 2 years ago.

Yes he does. He went to buy ticket to Bomber game. Not like you.

If we win it will be great. If we lose, we also win if they fire Kelly.

Oh, brother.

[/quote]
Out draw you guys every year in attendance ! You can't even get 20 000, that's pathetic !
[/quote]
How about that playoff game 2 years ago where you guys only got 22,000, or even last year only getting 27,000. I promise you, if there are playoffs in the Hammer there will be more than the lowly 22,000 Winnipeg got for the east semis 2 years ago.
[/quote]
We out drew you guys by 25 000 this year , what's the excuse ?

[/quote]
[/quote]
We out drew you guys by 25 000 this year , what's the excuse ?
[/quote]
One of the city's largest employers just closed it's doors. That, and we're not a rich city to begin with, and there's actually other stuff to do in Southern Ontario. :thup:

Only in Southern Ontario there other things to do :roll: :roll: The rest of Canada does nothing !
It was a ti cat fan making fun of our attendance, which seemed strange , since HAM is dead last in attendance this year ?

No, not saying there's nothing to do in other parts of Canada.

But here in Southern Ontario (specifically the Golden Horsheshoe), we have a number of things within an hours drive: 2 NHL teams (Buffalo and Toronto... yes I know, I know...), the Blue Jays (they're dirt cheap), the Raptors (hugely popular), one of the largest entertainment districts in the world in Toronto, Niagara Falls (super fun), the Bills (yes, I know, but it's a fact), and many yearly events such as the Canadian Open, Molson Indy, etc...

There is just so many ways to spend your disposable income in Southern Ontario. Not to say there isn't anything to do in Winnipeg or Halifax or whatever. I've been to many Canadian cities and enjoyed them all.

And we only had two games below 19,000... one was a rain game, we're lucky we got 19000 for that game...

And I wasn't making fun of Winnipeg's attendance... you took the first shot so I rebutted by saying that Winnipeg hasn't exactly been selling out games either. Hamilton's last game was just shy of 25,000. It took a while, but the city is now realizing these are not the same old Cats.

Do not be ashamed or shy to say nothing to do in Winnipeg. It is true nothing to do in Winnipeg. Most in Winnipeg like it that way. Most do not do nothing. Lots people here do not like to work. Lots of people go to cottages in summertime and many are on welfare in this city.

:roll:

Which one are you ?