League Schedule

I can live with 4 3-game weekends near the middle of the season. People has suggested a few possible reasons for the byes, but no reason why 4 teams at once, or all before labor day.

I can live with it too if the seaon is shortened to 16 games

I dont get that???

The season is too damned long

blasphemy.

Hockey is worse, and my number one love is hockey. Every sport is at least 2 months too long

Exactly!

It seems the CFL's telecasts are programed around all the other sports like golf and tennis events that are day time telecast,this bumps the CFL to night time 10PM starts which is Krap to me!

They have to change this.

The great Western game from Calgary last night finished in the wee hours .

No way I was up watching as my job starts at 5am Friday.

Could they not have scheduled this game Saturday afternoon in Calgary or Friday evening with a 6pm local start? (8PM East)

Ditto the game today ,why the hell do I have to wait untill 10PM to watch a good football game Saturday evening?

There must be Tennis or Golf or some other usless sport on first,bumping the CFL to second class status or is it third class status again!

Slip sliding away…Paul Simon

You know I'd feel better about this situation changing if our new commisioner had some other background other than Macdonalds

I suppose the English Premeier League should schedule their games to be shown at prime time here. Those early morning Sunday games are killer.

While we are at it..any chance we could lobby the IOC to make sure that all the premiere events in to 08 Olympics (in China) are shown at prime time too?

In my world CFL Football is the Premier league and CANADIAN .

Who cares about European soccer TV times on a CFL board?

My point is...there are things called time zones..and its a big country. A 6pm start time on a work night is not feasible as somoene suggested.

OK .
Good point for the Friday night game ,...

How about tonight's 10PM start in Riderville?

The fans would surely rather watch a day game or at least a 6PM start (8pm East).

It's better for kids ,come on even Macdonalds understands catering to children.(a shot accross the bow of the new CFL Commissioner)

Honestly..I dont get the 10pm start in Sask..other than the fact that someone pointed out that it is probably being pushed off for Women's Tennis

Ditto the game today ,why the hell do I have to wait untill 10PM to watch a good football game Saturday evening?
here is a theory. The world doesnt revolve around those of you in the east. Riders have lots of farmers who are ST holders. This is the time of yr that farmers need to spend all day, 7 days a week, in the fields. Early Sat games doesnt work for them, and they not gonna do it just to kiss easterners asses.

Just a theory mind you.

Yes ,I know the Westerners feelings about this and it is clear that what Edmonton wants they get in the CFL.

I worked out around Sask. farmers for a few years ,they would never say what you did ,now Albertans yes ,maybe they’d say it .

I thought farmers were busy in September and October harvesting ,that’s the way it was when I was out there,fair enough ,still even farmers can finish early to watch a Rider game without worrying about Easterners…ha ha

What a crock ,

Not a total crock as this sums up why Eastern teams get the short end of the stick from Refs out west …hmmmmm

well, I only lived on a farm in manitoba for one yr, and I know that today, weather permitting, we would be out from dawn to sundown either bailing or combining/hauling grain. Lucky if we could even go to a late game. Then there was the milk cows that had to be milked at a certain time in early evening.

(Vuarra) The flipside of having games at 7 EDT is that they show at 4 PDT in Vancouver, and there are a lot of people at work at that time. We have a big country, small population, and sometimes the corporate mentality doesn't kick in fast enough for a rational decision to be made.
You're quite right and it's occurred to me a number of times that the 7pm starts (EDT) aren't very smart either. Why not start games in the east at 7:30 or 8pm? This would, at least give the westerners a chance to watch at a slightly more reasonable hour. (their time)

I’m hoping that the new league commissioner will see the error of our ways in the CFL and make some changes so that game start times can be more accessible to all Canadians.

let us not forget that this league depends more on gate revenue than tv and that making the times most convenient for the locals is first priority. I have lived in TO, WPG, BC, and a short stint in NS. I never bothered to complain about games times, just did my best to live and schedule my life around them. I can tell you, when you have young kids that want you to spend your time with them, late games after they go to bed is a bonus. Missed many 4pm games and a few 7pm games here in BC. Would have loved a few more late games, sigh.

Footballyoubet: You're probably right in determining that gate receipts are greater than TV receipts. For some reason, I thought the reverse to be true.

Does anybody have actual numbers?

yeah i watched the sask.- edmonton game and it started late and it had a lightning delay and it didnt come back on CBC so i couldnt watch the end!!