League denies Jiminez a Stay

Just read this on lionbackers.com from a poster named OrangeShoes99...

[i]The league has denied Jimenez's request for a stay to have his appeal heard. The way I understand it an arbitrator must now grant the stay or the suspension will be upheld. The arbitrator could also over turn it.

I am not sure about when this has to be done, but I would assume before Sunday, or else Jimenez will have to sit?

Source: NW98, Dhaliwal [/i]

So I would assume that Jiminez now needs an arbitrator to stay the case before Sunday or else he can't play.

Heard the same thing Dust. Looks like th league "Plugged Up" one of the many loop holes.

Sounds good. Lets hope all the arbitrators are busy.

as long as the arbitrator isnt a lions season ticket holder, the 'jimenez-ruling' wont be overturned.

Hope he plays this weekend

About time the league took as stance. They not only make themselves look good again, but make most of the fans accross Canada happy. Isn't that right SwervyMervy. Wally Boneo could have done the league right by benching him in the first place.

So Zeke or if you really are RLR....lets hear from you. DO you think what he did was wrong and he deserves to be suspended or do you think what he did is okay.

Look who you're asking, man... :expressionless:

Just read Friedman's latest article, and I have to say, he lays down a pretty damn solid case.

More on the Jimenez suspension

That's a good read Chief, thanks for posting that.

That is why as a Lions fan, should the Leos win the GC, in all honesty, I do not want to see Jason Jimenez engraved on the List.

As I have said before, I find it unnerving the extent of the "We're in the business of winning" attitude I encounter when I talk to some Leos fans in Vancouver. No empathy whatsoever.

You will get that same attitude in a small number of people regardless of where they are. I do believe there are coaches in this league that would man up and sit a player down that commits this type of offense, but it really shouldn't have to come down to that.

Didn't see the play so I can't really comment on it. It sounds bad, really bad but I'm not sure what it's deserving of.

As a Lions fan I wish that we weren't in this situation but it is what it is. I hope he gets to play on Sunday, I'll be there.

Wow...I have a whole new respect for Elliott Friedman...nice to have someone, who might be listened to, speak up for Anthony Gargiulo(sp?).

What I find interesting is that not a single player from elsewhere is saying a thing about the Leo's O-line. The worst quote I've heard to date is "the Lions offensive line is no dirtier than any other line in the league. It's being blown out of proportion" Now, that is a paraphrase because I can't remember the exact phrasing...the man who said it? Scott Schultz.

From that blog

But Jimenez is the priority.

I’m sorry. That’s disgusting

I have to agree - The lions as an organization have disgraced them selves. Wally should have ponied up and cut Jimenez. It is truly a disgusting reflection on the organization that they seem to care nothing about Anthony Gargiulo. A good coach will do anything to win - anything but sell the soul of the team. The Lions are better then this.

If the Lions even want him to play it speaks volumes about integrity and the total lack of it. Read the blog link above and you start to get a clear understanding of how dirty the play was.

Other players and other team management are not going say what they really feel about the hit. This year has convinced everyone to take a political stance when asked.

I find it funny that some fans are using the fact that nobody is speaking out against it as proof of JJ's innocence. I even heard it mentioned that the victim isn't bashing JJ therefore he's ok with it and JJ is innocent. Plain silly.

What I find interesting is that not a single player from elsewhere is saying a thing about the Leo's O-line. The worst quote I've heard to date is "the Lions offensive line is no dirtier than any other line in the league. It's being blown out of proportion" Now, that is a paraphrase because I can't remember the exact phrasing...the man who said it? Scott Schultz.
that blog actually says they feel the Lions O-Line have been unfairly singled out. It is critical of a single player only.
Other players and other team management are not going say what they really feel about the hit. This year has convinced everyone to take a political stance when asked.

I find it funny that some fans are using the fact that nobody is speaking out against it as proof of JJ's innocence. I even heard it mentioned that the victim isn't bashing JJ therefore he's ok with it and JJ is innocent. Plain silly.

Not a Stamps fan but is the player out of the hospital and if they are I'm sure that speaking out at this point is the last thing on his mind with his current injury

Ok so then the BC O-line is not dirty. In fact I'll go so far as to say there a bunch of ...oops never mind. Like i said they're a bunch of great football players.

What I'm having trouble with here is... whats your point? What are you trying to say? The worse quote you've heard to date? I guess it depends what you wanna hear. Or are you saying that this too has been blown out of proportaion?