Leader Post Sports

Anyone else think its crazy that Rob Vanstone is calling for Austin to be coach of the year already. Granted if things continue the way they are I don't see a reason why he shouldn't get that award its normally something that is talked about after the season is over not just over a third of the way throught the season. I dunno maybe its just me.

Vanstone?
Say something crazy?
Never happen....

Anyway, nobody gets on the bandwagon like Vanstone does, so just sit back and enjoy...

People should not count chickens before they hatch. I just think it is better to live modesty and let the team's results do the talking. No one likes it when other teams pass judgment that it is a foregone conclusion that they will win this or that (some BC posters on this forum, for example) so I think anyone, especially media, in the Riders camp should just pipe down - be happy we are doing well but don't brag.

Its Vanstone. Thats all you really need to know.

'Nuff said!

On the topic of Mr. Vanstone, if you go here:

http://www.metronews.ca/column.aspx?id=67884

You can read Marty York referring to Vanstone as "the brilliant Regina sports columnist, Rob Vanstone."

But, that's Marty York...............

Tweedle Dee, and Tweedle Dum.

How many of you remember Bob Hughes' columns of the 1980's, when he used to refer to Regina as "Chaos by the creek"? I have my problems with what Vanstone writes, at times, but remember this is the best we've done in 30+years. I too don't like to get a head of myself, but since it is Vanstone, let's cut him some slack. Maybe this will be the year the team can play a whole season at a high level!

"Poison Pen" Bob Hughes was a terrific sportswriter and his "Chaos by the Creek" and such were very entertaining. Didn't he coin the term "Rideritis?"
The problem with Vanstone (well not the only problem, but...) is that he likes to play favourites.
If he takes a shine to you, expect nothing but good press (see Henry Burris). And if he takes a dislike to you, expect nothing but bad press (see Curtis Marsh, KK, Nealon, etc., etc.)