LB Marcus Ball peeved RC full of Bills ads, none for Argos

and I don’t blame him one bit.

[u]Argos’ linebacker upset with Bills flags flying around Rogers Centre ahead of CFL East final[/u] The Globe and Mail

[b]They’re the defending Grey Cup champions getting ready to face their arch rivals at Rogers Centre on Sunday with a trip to this year’s CFL championship game on the line.
But the Toronto Argonauts aren’t getting top billing at their home stadium.

Hanging from the light posts around Rogers Centre are Buffalo Bills flags promoting their Dec. 1 game against the Atlanta Falcons. And that doesn’t sit well with Argos linebacker Marcus Ball.

“It is disheartening, somewhat of a bitter feeling,? Ball said following Friday’s practice at Rogers Centre. “I know that’s not true because I know the Double Blue will be strong, loud and proud here Sunday afternoon.

“But I mean, those guys (Bills) play here in December. It’s November and we play here Sunday.?

Toronto hosts the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in the East final Sunday, the first time since ‘86 the longtime rivals have met in a conference championship. But there were no visible advertisements for the game outside Rogers Centre and the only indication inside was a small sign in an elevator.

“Why are there Buffalo Bills flags flying all around the Rodgers Centre?? This is our house. #EASTFINAL #Argos #Bigproblemwiththat,? the Argos star tweeted.[/b]

[url=http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/football/argos-linebacker-upset-with-bills-flags-flying-around-rogers-centre-ahead-of-cfl-east-final/article15472894/]http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/f ... e15472894/[/url]

Argos fans have to stop blaming Rogers for all there problems and put more blame on Chris rudge and David Braley. I agree Rogers haven’t been much help to the Argos, but you can’t blame Rogers for taking pride and spending there money on there own product. If Rogers want to put buffalo bills banners on light post why don’t the Argos do the same? The reason they don’t is because the owner is to cheap to spend any of his money. How come rudge can’t negotiate with Rogers to get better home dates at rc? Because he is lazy and can’t negotiate with people. How hard is it to sit down with Rogers right now and start demanding dates for next year, blue jays have there schedule already made for next year rc remains empty on most nights it shouldn’t be so hard as the Argos like to claim it is. How come the radio stations and t.v people ignore the Argos ? Because rudge/Braley fail to create any type of buzz in the city for this team on a number of reasons. Bob mccown on fan590 was asked why he doesnt talk about the Argos mccown says anytime he opens his lines for cfl or the Argos no one wants to talk but when he opens it for leaf talk everyone calls in. It’s that simple if rudge/Braley could get people talking and interested in this team they will start covering them more.

Argos fans have to stop blaming Rogers for all there problems and put more blame on Chris rudge and David Braley. I agree Rogers haven't been much help to the Argos, but you can't blame Rogers for taking pride and spending there money on there own product. If Rogers want to put buffalo bills banners on light post why don't the Argos do the same? The reason they don't is because the owner is to cheap to spend any of his money. How come rudge can't negotiate with Rogers to get better home dates at rc? Because he is lazy and can't negotiate with people. How hard is it to sit down with Rogers right now and start demanding dates for next year, blue jays have there schedule already made for next year rc remains empty on most nights it shouldn't be so hard as the Argos like to claim it is. How come the radio stations and t.v people ignore the Argos ? Because rudge/Braley fail to create any type of buzz in the city for this team on a number of reasons. Bob mccown on fan590 was asked why he doesnt talk about the Argos mccown says anytime he opens his lines for cfl or the Argos no one wants to talk but when he opens it for leaf talk everyone calls in. It's that simple if rudge/Braley could get people talking and interested in this team they will start covering them more.
Wow, I wonder who wrote that?

Rogers thinks of the Argos as just there to fill in empty days at the Skydome

Hey rocket, you already have a thread to blame everything on Rudge. Your starting to come off as a troll.

I just don’t understand how everyone wants to blame Rogers for all the Argo problems! And to put no blame on the CEO and owner of the Argos!

Cause we have you to turn every thread into blaming them

I don't know why any CFL fan would ever buy anything from Rogers. I won't.

I won’t either.

If it was just ROGERS then O.K.
Rogers owns SPORTS NET , SPORTS NET Mag , The Fan Radio , 680 and we have all seen the disgusting Rogers commercial bashing the CFL.
They ignore the CFL most of the time. They are the MAJOR players in sports in , Toronto.
I was watching CTV sports last night. The sports announcer didn’t mention that the East Final was on SUNDAY on TSN which they usually do. He did slipped in that his family and him were going to the EF. Why ? Because CTV , who owns TSN is showing the BILLS game at the same time as the EF , is on. What they all said was " after the game " [BILLS] we will be showing a repeat on the S.C. parade. No mention of the West Final at all. As usual , I have seen almost nothing in the Toronto papers except for The Sun. You can check out the GLOBE , STAR , and the National Post on line and see what is high lighted in their papers and on their web sites. NFL PICKS for Sunday and the LEAFS. :roll: They do get a little coverage usually on page 6 or the last page of the sports.
Great , we get a CFL article with a BILLS mentioned in it.
If they almost ignore an Eastern Final , imagine a regular season game?
I do not make this stuff up. :roll:
Toronto is also the most expensive city in Canada to do advertising. This is nothing new and was happening long before CHRIS was in charge.

if only that were true.
try calling the fan590 about the argos; you will be greeted by a producer who asks what you would like to talk with Bob about. once you tell him, ’ the argos/cfl’, the producer says they are not talking about that today, goodbye.

that is the reason no one calls in to discuss the argos.
you would have to claim you want to discuss something else, then once on the line, surprise them by talking argos instead.

can’t say that i have. describe this commercial. i haven’t seen it. i don’t watch rogers-owned networks.

And guess who owns The FAN [Rogers]. Great idea if you can get by the 7 second time delay :roll: . :thup:

It has been posted here. Some where.

It compares the NFL to the CFL. It makes it very clear how Rogers feels about Canada and the CFL. If it was Americans doing this I could understand but it is Canadians screwing over other Canadians free of any charge.

that clears things up. i can envision it now. lol

Not me; don’t watch enough TV. Fill me in please.

It was posted here. I am still trying to find the thread it is in. :wink:

Any way , it has a kind of teacher explaining the differences between the CFL and the NFL.
Trust me , it tries to make the CFL look very , very , bush league and the NFL look like GOD.

at the ending he says " and the NFL is the most popular sport in America , isn’t that impressive!!! "
Then the ROGERS logo comes up selling their T.V. sports packages "

Rogers do understand business very well , they are a billion dollar corporation
and did not get there from stupidity , also they understand that their precious NFL market has peaked in Southern Ontario and needs to grow for ANY HOPES of getting their own NFL team. T.V. ratings across Canada and the states have not grown as much as many wanted ( still the most popular sports league in N.A. ) but for tickets sales in T.O. have been a disaster at best for BILLS games.
So in a business stand point they are promoting their USA product to a PAID CFL group of Canadian football fans , hoping to get a few recruits.

I hate Rogers.

As far as sports is concerned ROGERS loses money left and right except for the LEAFS. We could make money off the LEAFS. All their other sports teams have been a flop. The JAYS did better this year but that was after months and months of hype from the full power of the Toronto media , ect… saying that the JAYS would win the World Series.
This would make more sense if the NFL was more popular than the CFL is in Ontario. That is a MYTH.
The CFL’S / T.V. ratings are far higher than the NFL’S are 99% of the time , even in Ontario , still.
Only ROGERS think that they have a chance to get a NFL team. That ship has long past. :rockin:
Just ask the NFL Commish. who has said it many times. Like ROB FORD , Rogers is in denial about that. :lol:

You do bring up up a lot of good points there sandrargofan! But I still believe that the Argo owner/CEO have not helped out the cause. Instead of just standing there with the arms up in the air surrendering to Rogers they should try to hold there own. As for the fans they should protest with anti- Rogers signs at Rogers centre when the Argos are playing.

well, Rogers appears to be courting public backlash with the continued mistreatment of the Argos/CFL especially with fan interest at record levels in recent years.

this is what occurs when Canadian corporations discard and suppress beloved Canadian institutions in favor of American interests.