LB Marcus Ball peeved RC full of Bills ads, none for Argos

and I don’t blame him one bit.

[u]Argos’ linebacker upset with Bills flags flying around Rogers Centre ahead of CFL East final[/u] The Globe and Mail

[b]They’re the defending Grey Cup champions getting ready to face their arch rivals at Rogers Centre on Sunday with a trip to this year’s CFL championship game on the line.
But the Toronto Argonauts aren’t getting top billing at their home stadium.

Hanging from the light posts around Rogers Centre are Buffalo Bills flags promoting their Dec. 1 game against the Atlanta Falcons. And that doesn’t sit well with Argos linebacker Marcus Ball.

“It is disheartening, somewhat of a bitter feeling,? Ball said following Friday’s practice at Rogers Centre. “I know that’s not true because I know the Double Blue will be strong, loud and proud here Sunday afternoon.

“But I mean, those guys (Bills) play here in December. It’s November and we play here Sunday.?

Toronto hosts the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in the East final Sunday, the first time since ‘86 the longtime rivals have met in a conference championship. But there were no visible advertisements for the game outside Rogers Centre and the only indication inside was a small sign in an elevator.

“Why are there Buffalo Bills flags flying all around the Rodgers Centre?? This is our house. #EASTFINAL #Argos #Bigproblemwiththat,? the Argos star tweeted.[/b]

[url=http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/football/argos-linebacker-upset-with-bills-flags-flying-around-rogers-centre-ahead-of-cfl-east-final/article15472894/]http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/f ... e15472894/[/url]

What a shame. A team in Toronto should practically carry the league and yet the blue team gets virtually no respect in the city. I, like most ticats fans have a severe dislike for the Argos but feel Toronto is not worthy to even have a CFL team. :thdn:

another reason why they need to get out of the dome.

[quote="tangledweb"]and I don't blame him one bit.

[quote]Argos’ linebacker upset with Bills flags flying around Rogers Centre ahead of CFL East final
The Globe and Mail

[b]They’re the defending Grey Cup champions getting ready to face their arch rivals at Rogers Centre on Sunday with a trip to this year’s CFL championship game on the line.
But the Toronto Argonauts aren’t getting top billing at their home stadium.

Hanging from the light posts around Rogers Centre are Buffalo Bills flags promoting their Dec. 1 game against the Atlanta Falcons. And that doesn’t sit well with Argos linebacker Marcus Ball.

“It is disheartening, somewhat of a bitter feeling,? Ball said following Friday’s practice at Rogers Centre. “I know that’s not true because I know the Double Blue will be strong, loud and proud here Sunday afternoon.

Yep , its all true , I arrived in town to-day and picked up my tickets at Rogers Centre ticketmaster outlet this afternoon , good thing I paid the ticketmaster fees or I would not been able to have them printed ahead of time and therefore would have been in the dreaded "will call" line on sunday in the rain with thousands of other fans ...........anyways, it is a joke, Buffalo Bills flags all around the stadium and on the Gardiner Expressway......... no interest what so ever in this NFl game near as I can tell. ........... no mention of our the eastern final -------oh well , we will have the last laugh as our CFL tickets are selling like hotcakes .

Yes you could have if you ordered them directly from the Argo offices and picked them up there. That's what I did, and have done before. No service charges,

Assumably, the lack of Argos ads/flags at the stadium for the EF is due to the fact that Rogers (Argos landlord) owns the RC, the annual Bills in T.O Series, and has little-to-no interest in the CFL.

shows a lack of class on Rogers part IMO.

Agreed! I am ashamed to be a customer of Rogers. Can't wait to get rid of them.

I don't blame Ball (or any other Argo) for being upset. This is OUR League and they could have at least waited until AFTER Sunday to put up the Bills flags! :thdn: :thdn:

That being said - Since the tickets for the EF are selling so well, maybe they thought they needed to get some advertising and reminders going for the Bills game so they can sell a few ticket and maybe break even!! :lol: Guess tickets for the Argo-Ticats game are selling well enough that they figure it doesn't need any extra advertising! :smiley:

Truly it shows NO respect by the Rogers Centre for the Argo OR the CFL. One only has to look at the "garbage" dates that they gave the Argos for home games this season to see evidence of that! Even if the Argos had their own stadium, it is possible that they would play a game like the EF at Rogers but I suppose it wouldn't seem like as much of an insult when if was no longer their home field.

Allow me to plagiarize from Twitter;

"So, Marcus Ball is saying if he got offered an NFL contract he wouldn't go?"

Let's think this through ... So a guy is upset that the stadium he plays in, is hosting a NFL game, and they're making a business decision to promote that game. Meanwhile if that same organization, the NFL, or any of it's member clubs, made him a contract offer, he wouldn't make a business decision?

Bottom line is the Bills/NFL offered Rogers money ... They didn't offer HIM money! That's the issue!

Other than that ... the dumbass misspelled "Ro(d)gers" in his original tweet! You've lived here for over 3 years #6!

Look at your cable bill before you tweet you illiterate douche! Maybe then I'll respect what you say! (Okay ... illiterate douche may have been a little strong ... )

I guess it's true ... there's no cure for stupid!

Yes, and your post surely proved it.

Marcus Ball seems pretty angry.

So, being true to form, we should expect Ball to wait outside Rogers headquarters, and at a moment when Nadir Mohamed (Rogers CEO) isn't expecting it, Ball will sneak up and horse collar him.

Rogers does not own this team. They are strictly a landlord. They have already served them an eviction notice. Besides, if that blue team wants their banners or other items raised around the stadium, they should initiate the gesture. It's their business.

[b]old fan wrote: if that blue team wants their banners or other items raised around the stadium, they should initiate the gesture. [/b]
how do you know they haven't?

It is not out of the realm of possibilities that Rogers will not permit the Argos to display advertisements at the RC as Rogers have had a history of shoddy treatment towards the Argos/CFL over the years.

would it hurt them to have a few promotional flags at the dome for a historic meeting between the two longest serving pro rivalries in North America who have not met in an EF in 27 years?

Rogers doesn't even treat their own customers with respect and consideration (I was one for about 20 years). You honestly expect them to treat a tenant any better?

Who cares what the Argo's think the team is a bunch of Whiners and tomorrow the Roger's Centre will be full of Black and Gold Tiger-Cat fans, we'll bring our banners, our flags, our signs and dress the place up in Tiger-Cat colours and class and most importantly KICK SOME ARGO BUTTS!!!

Argos should move to lets see um Guelph ? lol

BTW RC never cared about the Argos, Ted Rogers was a Ti Cat fan they used the Argos in the Stadium to cover the cost of baseballs seeing RC looses a lot of them from the Home Plate Launch Pad

This isnt new, people. RC has been doing it since the Bills deal was signed.

http://www.selfishskateboards.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/ROGERSUCKS-ADS.jpg

Until there is proof that the Argos tried to put up flags in a stadium they are a tenant in, how can you blame the owners of the stadium for promoting an event they paid for.

Rogers doesn't own the Argos. Direct your hate towards David Brailey. Or is he untouchable?

Banners are great, makes the irony even more acute.

When did the Bills/NFL offer money to Rogers? I thought Rogers paid the Bills $78 million for the original 5 year deal and renewed earlier this year for an additional undisclosed (tens of millions) amount.
Get your facts straight.