Lawrence Gordon Released

Sure. My issue is that you were implying that our corner depth was better than it was when you suggested that we were replacing good players with better players. That isn’t the case.

I have nothing against him personally – I just don’t think he is a very good player. Part of that is probably coaching.

helloooooo byron parker. :slight_smile:

Lawrence Gordon was not an adequate corner, which is evidenced by the fact he got replaced by Bo Smith - who was not that great himself as Bo Smith never turned to look for the ball and could have been called for screening or a lot more times than he did (how Bo Smith gets a crack at the NFL other than height I will never know).

That truly is puzzling, but maybe there’s an explanation. Recall several years ago when Don Matthews took the Als to the Grey Cup, and benched his two starting corners, replacing them with unknown rookies Brandon Williams and D J Johnson. Both were horrid, and were lit up royally by Ricky Ray and Jason Tucker, with the Esks winning the Grey Cup. DJ Johnson then promptly left for a NFL job, with the NY Jets as I recall.

I suspect that the skill set required for a cornerback is pretty different in the NFL than it is up here, given that their field is narrower and the endzones shorter. . . so inability to play corner well in the CFL doesn’t necessarily mean that you’ll be a poor corner in the NFL, and vice versa.