Lawrence Gordon Released

I guess dropping that pass in Toronto in September was the end for him.

Never saw the field after that miscue.

Well I'd hazard a guess that with Bo Smith gone to the US and now Gordon released, they must have some good prospects coming in at the corner position.

Or perhaps a mid-February free agent signing?

Obie is master Of Fitting Peaces to Puzzell
I think well be fine

Crossing fingers: Parker, Parker, Parker, Parker...

I think there is little doubt that the Cats will be pursuing Byron Parker or Wille Middlebrooks (or maybe both) if they make it to FA.

We no longer have Bo Smith or Lawrence Gordon, and we may still lose Tisdale. That's a lot of holes, and we have money to spend.

The A^&@$ don't mind signing a former NFLer has been with an arrest on his record. Personally, I hope Obie looks beyond.

Hmmm...this is kinda surprising. Don't know why they would make this move, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

It will also be interesting to see whether non-import Ryan Hinds, a starting cornerback at University of New Hampshire who was drafted by the Ticats last year, will compete for a cornerback job with the Ticats this year.

Are you serious? He wasn't starting at CB when he messed up. That was a ST play.

Coaches do not base keep or cut choices on 1 play. He was cut because they feel he is no longer good enough at CB.

It could also be that he was paid to be a starter and the Cats don't see him in that role.

He could very well be invited to training camp and offered a lesser contract or one with incentives if he is the starter.

Regardless, he never played a down or saw the field after that game ... a healthy scratch if you will.

will miss LG, a consistent contributor to the cause. perhaps a little too short?

wish him well

PJAY

LG is still a young DB with experience.
He will get an invite to another camp and should do OK.

X2.

LG was a great team guy, very funny and personable. I will miss his girly laugh...lol.

He gave his best for this team and I wish him all the success in the world.

If he does TCTD, it will be against LaRoche Jackson and Lamont Reid
who were with us last season and guys brought in to training camp

Bellefeuille said LaRoche Jackson and Lamont Reid will be given an opportunity to win a starting job in training camp.

"We have some guys that we think are ready to make the next step," he said.

The Ticats have a season's worth of practice film on those two
and they think one of them can be better than Lawrence Gordon.

Instead of revolving door of new players coming and going
because they aren't able to compete at the CFL level

we have players leaving because we have developed
players on our own practice roster who are better.

Developing players on our own roster. I really like that.

Marshall in the Bombers' mix

Ticat assistant looking for top job

January 26, 2010 Drew Edwards

The Hamilton Spectator

http://www.thespec.com/Sports/article/711801

P.S.

Defensive back Lawrence Gordon was released by the Ticats yesterday after 3 1/2 seasons in the black and gold.

Gordon played 11 games for the Ticats last season but lost his starting job midway through and didn't play in the final seven games.

"He had some productive time with us, but we felt we needed to upgrade at that position to move forward," said head coach Marcel Bellefeuille yesterday.

"It's one of those moves you hate making because as a teammate and a person we have absolutely zero complaints about him."

Gordon played 55 games over four seasons with the Ticats, mostly at cornerback. He collected 161 tackles and four interceptions over that span.

Don't know what Lawrence Gordon you were watching, Ron, but I don't think the one I saw was capable of competing at the CFL level.

Our secondary has been bad for a while now -- I certainly hope our PR guys are not the only two we'll be bringing to camp.

So, I guess all this counts for nothing in you mind, Pseudo. You are a tough marker.

Defensive back Lawrence Gordon was released by the Ticats yesterday after 3 1/2 seasons in the black and gold.

Gordon played 11 games for the Ticats last season
but lost his starting job midway through

and didn't play in the final seven games.

"He had some productive time with us, but we felt
we needed to upgrade at that position to move forward,"

said head coach Marcel Bellefeuille yesterday.

"It's one of those moves you hate making because as a teammate
and a person we have absolutely zero complaints about him."

[i]Gordon played 55 games over four seasons with the Ticats, mostly at cornerback.

He collected 161 tackles and four interceptions over that span.[/i]

Couldn't you just give him permission to tell his grandkids that he PLAYED in the CFL?

I didn't think he was going to make the team last year. He seemed to be an improved player from the 2008 season though.

This move doesn't shock me. The secondary was decent most of the year, great on occasion and crappy on their bad days. I think DB will be one of the priorities this off season and Obie is making some room.

Gordon has been around a while but never became the great corner we needed. He's had a fair shot but it's time to move on I think. Good luck to him.

Gordon played himself off the team, he was giving 15 yd cushion to reciver,s , aparently trying for big hit,s , not stopping the reception,s, other teams where going to his reciever all game.