latest signing = are we in trouble at receiver?

Receiver Keenan Howry was just cut from the Stamps, and we pick him up? I don't get this. Doesn't signing another teams' cut (one that didn't even make it to the Stamps' final cut, remember) = we may be in trouble at receiver?

It's possible, come cutdown day this Saturday, you'll see Desjardins leave one or two roster spots open so he can sign the best receivers cut from other teams that very day. If that happens, the receivers we had in our camp just weren't cutting it, I guess.

Depends why he got cut! (import ratio, etc...)

Have you seen the stamps receiving corps lately?

They have the most talent at that position in the league in terms of depth, hands down.

I remember picking up an Argo WR cut years ago by the name of Steve Stapler.
Pretty good receiver for a lot of years!!

It's possible, come cutdown day this Saturday, you'll see Desjardins leave one or two roster spots open so he can sign the best receivers cut from other teams that very day. If that happens, the receivers we had in our camp just weren't cutting it, I guess.
I doubt you will see Marcel cut down more players than he has to just to leave room for other teams cuts. Why not look at this from the reverse? If Calgary signed a guy we had scouted first or had him on the neg list and he is now free, why not take a look at him when he doesnt take up a roster spot of count against the cap? I dont know the answer but it seems as good a guess as the sky is falling view. Besides, Curry, Dickerson, JoJo and Witherspoon all seemed to make plays last week so I doubt none of them are making an impact.