Late TurkeyBend PowerGobble Rankings

:cowboy:

Apologies for the lateness due to computer incompetency by moi!!

1. Montreal Alouettes- Survived the toughest road trip in CFL history and now are in the drivers seat. Once they put Toronto in their true place the Als will run away with the East.

2. Calgary Stampeders- Which Stamps team will show up is the weekly question. Great win for them at home to dispel doubts etc. 2nd half Hank came alive but can he continue to survive and win with only one good half of football. When on all cyclinders, the Stamps on paper are equal to any.

3. Saskatchewan Roughriders- Loss may be a blessing in disguise as the two of their three wins could have been losses. This should re-inforce that four quarters, no turnovers are essential for my beloved Riders to win every week.
    No panic yet, just a good lesson in humility. Still the best Canadian Air Force in the CFL.!!

4. Toronto Argos- last in the league is most categories will catch up to the mediocre at best Argos whose record is not what it should be. This is not an upper echelon team believe me. However, for now- with their record they must be here.

5. Winnipeg Blue Bombers- The surprise of the week was the bombing of the esks. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are the Bombers that good or is Edmonton that bad. Both will find out this week.

6. Hamilton Tiger-Cats- Something just isn't right with the Ti-Cats. I cannot put my finger on it but this is not the team we all envisioned them to be this year.

7. BC Lions- better than their record shows. Printers out is a blessing not a curse for the Lions. Lulay looked good but for one unfortunate throw. I cannot see the Lions continuing to implode each week. C'mon guys- Wally has health issues already. Help him out and let him relax. Lulay should get better and better. but, the Lions better not take the Esks lightly as they are a desparate a team as I can remember in the last ten years. Should the Lions lose in Edmonton the knives will come out next week in Vancouver like they have this week in Edmonton. Paris Jackson where are you???

8. Edmonton Has-Beens- What a mess this season has been. Who would have predicted this. I thought they might be contending for the Western Title. Who is to blame- everyone but mostly the players who seem lacklustre at best. Ray seems a shawdow of himself and the receivers seem mediocre at best too. The defence has no intensity and losing wears on you. If you had to blame someone I would blame the G.M. Danny M. The game with the Leos will tell us whether this is a write off of they coaches and the season.

I’m surprised you didn’t rank Ottawa ahead of Edmonton after their pathetic performance in Winnipeg.

This Week (Last Week):

1. Montreal (2) +1
  2. Sask (1) -1
  3. Toronto (3) =
  4. Winnipeg (4) =
  5. Calgary (6) +1
  6. Hamilton (5) -1
  7. BC (8) +1
  8. Edmonton (7) -1

Actually, I thought Turkey would have the Edmonton Wildcats ahead of the Eskimos! :smiley: :smiley:

Always look forward to the rankings by the TurkeyBend. For me however, Calgary #1 followed by Montreal at #2. In the long run we'll see where these two teams stack up after the back to back affairs later in the season; Oct.1st: Montreal at Calgary/Oct.11: Calgary at Montreal. 8)

no way calgary isnt number one they hammered the riders, and the three best teams in the league are calgary montreal and sask

did you and turkey switch handles???

[ol]- Calgary

• Saskatchewan
  • Montreal
  • Toronto
  • Winnipeg
  • Hamilton
  • BC
  • Edmonton[/ol]

Montreal
Sask.
Calgary
Winnipeg
Hamilton
Toronto
B.C
Edmonton

1. Montreal
  2. Calgary
  3. Saskatchewan
  4. Toronto
  5. Winnipeg
  6. Hamilton
  7. BC
  8. Edmonton

Interestingly enough since I was bored I took last seasons final standings and then moved teams up and down based upon wins and losses and I got. I didn't move them up or down more than 1 spot after a win/loss. I came up with:

1. Montreal
  2. Saskatchewan
  3. Calgary
  4. BC
  5. Toronto
  6. Edmonton
  7. Winnipeg
  8. Hamilton