Late-game excitement leads Stamps to victory

CALGARY β€” Anyone who watches CFL football knows that the last three minutes of the game are usually the most exciting and that was exactly the case on Thursday night.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/06/10/late-game-excitement-leads-stamps-to-victory/
1 Like

Those lucky 21,000 in attendance at McMahon sure got their money's worth tonight. Not only did they bite their fingernails off in the last 3 minutes they got to see the amazing Jake Maier take another step towards being THE GUY behind centre (which oughta happen soon).

I don't know what's wrong with VA right now. Maybe it's just rust. He looked kind of confused at times by Calgary's coverage. If he can't pull it together soon he's going to play Khari Jones out of a job. Sorry to see William Stanback go down in a heap. It looked like he was off to a promising start. I hope he's not hurt too badly.

1 Like

I think VAJ has a problem separating the color schemes of what the Stamps wore and his own players' uniform

2 Likes

Great and exciting game. Full credit to the stamps for the win and to be honest the win was in doubt until the final play.

2 Likes

Good to see Jake Maier get some reps and very lucky the duck he tossed was not returned for a pick six. Bo Levi was the better QB. Hoping the injury is not serious and maybe BLM takes a few games off so that he is fresher later in the year if that is a thing. Curious how Dave Dickenson would feel about Maier and Tommy Stevens.

The O line played well, Carey is a beast, Mike Rose is a star. Good play also by Tre Roberson to run down Antwi and save the td that might have cost the game.

In the end it was a big two points for the Stamps.

1 Like

Now that is why I miss football in the off season. Love a game that goes down to the last throwπŸ‘.

2 Likes

I know it was game 1 of the season, but Dedrick Mills running the ball twice for 28 yards. A 10 and 14 yard rush. That's sweet if your a Stamps fan. It's great to know Ka'Deem Carey has a more than adequate replacement to compliment his run game. As for Bo Levi he looked good at times but very mediocre at best at other times.