Last time I checked

;D LoL !!! Well that would work as well . As long as the team isn’t using it on a regular basis this season . Besides that , Cats do use the litter box for number 2’s and the last time I checked… ::);D

https://az836796.vo.msecnd.net/media/image/product/en/medium/0006100514103.jpg

I was wondering when the "number 2" comment would appear. You never let me down, Bobo!

I just don't understand why there's such hate for it.

A. This is the most coverage the cfl has gotten down south in a long time

B. Think how often we wish cfl.ca wasn't mostly about argos/riders

C. I have an Argo's fan who openly admits he is jelouis haha

D. It will bring more fans from Hamilton and the GTA.. Even if a small number stick with the cfl... That's just that many more fans

When you sign the biggest name ever to put a CFL Jersey on expect press , like him or not this is GREAT for our team and our league

Hey, I might even convince my son in law to watch a few games this year. He tends to watch NFL exclusively, but there's always hope of converting him.

I had some. Friends I made in the states asking me how I they can watch cfl games. What it was all about. Before that, they never knew it existed. I have a couple friends who are mostly nfl fans asking me if I want to take them to some games.

I really don’t get those type of Canadians. Does he love Canada, or is he a total American wannabe?

I’ve tried starting topics on Masoli and Adams to let people know that there are other QBs on the Cats but those threads sink faster to the bottom of the forum page than Kathleen Wynne’s poll ratings.

Keeping non-Manziel topics afloat is near impossible.

While his dad was born and raised in Canada, he wasn’t He only started watching football in high school, and was influenced by his friends who were all NFL fans for some reason. No CFL team in Ottawa at the time, but I don’t get that either. (I like both leagues, but much prefer the Canadian game )

And now we have all our posters going all starry eyed over a few self-claimed ‘new’ CFL fans from the US, like teen-aged girls mooning over the latest boy band. Come on folks, show some self respect! They are only on the band-wagon for as long as Manziel is included in the QB starting pool.

When the college NFL seasons are underway, they’ll disappear faster than a f*rt on the dance floor.

Sometimes I think people prefer when things go wrong. They have something to complain about

Just for clarity for those of you who are complaining about the media coverage, you're aware that they track all the back-end data around the articles that are written and the videos that are posted, no? They know how many people are viewing the content and where they're located and how long they spend on the page and how many clicks certain headlines get vs others, and if people make purchases online after people read certain content etc. The media is simply catering to what people want to see. As long as people keep reading and watching content around Manziel they're going to keep writing it.

If you aren't interested in the player then don't read the forum posts online, and if you do then don't comment. Don't watch the videos. Don't read the articles. That may not solve your problem that you have with the amount of coverage because other people are still going to view it, but at least you'll know you're not contributing.

Also, to echo other sentiments on this forum, assuming he doesn't flame out then this signing is great for the team and for the league. It's getting the team and the CFL more attention than I personally have ever seen. We shouldnt be homers about the big name players coming here. We shouldn't be all smug about how "the game is really hard to learn and they can't just pick it up on a whim and it's not like the NFL blah blah blah". Embrace these players and show them support. Don't hate. We need more of them. We want them to say great things about the league and the fans among their football circles and to the US media. That's how this league grows, when we can continue to bring in better players and get more eyeballs/interest. I think we can agree we all would like to see that.

Mic drop. Well said. I’ve actually seen the back end of Instagram Facebook and Twitter… My ex does the advertising for Canadian made whiskey. It’s crazy how much you can see

1. Amy Lawrence, of CBS Sports radio, was reporting the other night of Johnny signing with the CFL
    and called the Tiger-Cats, the Hamilton River Cats of the CFL… ??? ::slight_smile:

She immediately corrected herself after making that goofa statement !!! :-[

The funny thing about that is ironically there is believe it or not actually a team named the River Cats. I’m not really sure but I’m guessing it’s affiliated with some sort of Minor League Hockey Association judging by how the team logo looks .

The funnier part is that their initials used in their logo are TC . ;D

I imagine the problem with ignoring Manziel stories is that it would leave you with almost nothing to read about the team. For those interested in other aspects of the team, that may be frustrating.

What’s false about that?

Here’s the primary site to get Ticat news:

Out of the 10 stories on the first page, 5 are Manziel headlines. One is a general CFL story. ExPat is right, if someone were to ignore all of the Manizel news, there’s not much other coverage.

Did you need a tissue, guys?

The amount of coverage doesn’t bother me at all. I think it’s great for the franchise.

Leave it n read it in one of the other threads about him we don't need 18 about one guy