Last minute Week 17 Power Rankings

Didn't get to do these lately!

1. Calgary - Playing good fairly consistent football.
  2. BC - Travis Lulay is banged up and might not play, and that's the only reason they're not #1.
  3. Saskatchewan - Suffered a setback this week, but they've also been playing pretty well lately.
  4. Edmonton - Finally got their act together after a crazy mid season swoon. Who knows, the crossover might be a blessing for them given the competition in the East.
  5. Montreal - Injuries are piling up like crazy on offense, AC is looking like his age is catching up to him, and the defense is suspect (to put it kindly). That it's still good enough for first in the East shows just how imbalanced the divisions are.
  6. Toronto - Second worst offense in the league, and I see little chance of that changing since it's not like they were lighting it up under Ricky Ray either. Only in 6th because they have the best defense in the East when it comes to points against.
  7. Hamilton - Worst defense in the league. Can win when Good Hank shows up, have absolutely no chance when Bad Hank shows up because they're going to give up at least 30 points a game.
  8. Winnipeg - Worst offense in the league, and in the running to beat Hamilton for worst defense in the league. Just how bad is it? The gap in points for/points against is nearing -200. There's some pieces for next year, and some guys that need to be shown the door.

Why is it that whenever AC has the slightest rough patch, it's always attributed to age? The guy is playing with a revolving door of receivers, missing a bunch of important components (Whitaker, Green, London, Anderson, Guy), but somehow he's 'aging' he's not throwing for 350 yards and 4 TDs every game? He is also one of only two quarterbacks to have started every game so far this season. The other QB? 37-year-old Henry Burris. Let's can the age talk, please. QBs slump all the time for a variety of reasons.

What game did Lulay not start??

I agree with the rest of what you said though. If age were catching up with him… he wouldn’t lead the league in yards thrown, be second in TD’s and 3rd in QB rating. AC is not a machine and is going to have off days like any other player at any position… regardless of age.

Apologies, I was jumping the gun and thinking Lulay might not start against Edmonton this week.

I agree with the rest of what you said though. If age were catching up with him.. he wouldn't lead the league in yards thrown, be second in TD's and 3rd in QB rating. AC is not a machine and is going to have off days like any other player at any position... regardless of age.
Exactly. Everyone has off-days. Lulay hasn't always been on top of his game this season. Playing the age card with AC is just cheap, particularly since he is throwing the deep ball more often and more successfully than just about any other QB in the league.