Last in EAST; Last in WEST

Well, the Glass Jaw prediction wasn't really wrong...

Ah, but he was one of the reasons we would finish last! :wink:

I seond that. I can’t see Saskatchewan or Edmonton contending for first place. Calgary will be the team to be in the league this year I think. But yes, this is just our opinions which don’t mean much.

Surprise, Surprise, Blin posted this unbiased opinion.

If I recall, the Lions had similar QB issues last year and managed to finish 1st. Where do you get your logic from or is it just trolling? Please explain how a team can have QB issues 2 years in a row and do well the first year and then just fall apart the next? Makes no sense.

Montreal last in the east. Maybe Toronto. The Argos have a lot of old players. I think this to. Hamilton is better. If Glenn stays healthy Bombers win it all.

Calgary or Edmonton last in the west. Calgary does not have enough good Canadians. In the pre season teams can play with a lot of Americans. As many as they want. This week and from here on teams need good Canadians. BC has them. The Riders have them.

East - Hamilton. Every year its the same thing. Bunch of new, young players. New coach. They don't have a core team that has been together for a long time, and you need that to be really successful. Maybe this is the year they start to turn it around since they have some guys to build around now, but they're not there yet.

West - Edmonton. Danny boy is not a winner.

East- Montreal. New head coach with no head coach experience and an aging Anthony Calvillo. Lack of QB depth will devestate this team if Calvillo misses a few games to injury.

West- Saskatchewan. In a QB driven league, a good starter is obviously required. Crandell is IMO the worst starter in the leauge. The Riders will also be in serious trouble if they have to rely on Jyles or Durant for any amount of time. Losing Perry and Austin certainly doesn't help either.

East - Hamilton because of OC M.Bellefeuille playbook which has been the same for the last 4 years !

West - I will go Saskatchewan, they lost a HC, MOP, good free agents...it just won't gel for a while...

…whew, sheesh, you scared me there for a second, I thought you knew what you were talking about until I double-checked our roster…

Good assessment eks123.
I agree Montreal is sort of a mystery at this point and I think that is why people are selecting them in the east. Trestman is a good coach and require some growth in the canadian game but he is a proven coach. The QB situation is a question mark. Under J Popp AC did not do very well thats hope it was just his coaching not sure about their backup being ready to step in. This team could very well look for a veteran CFL QB ( Sankey sweeps ).

The Riders really with Tillman removing the heart and soul of the defense and offense this team can either do well or fall very fast. Over the years many CFL fans have watched waiting for Crandell show the magic he displayed for 7 games with Calgary in winning the GC in 2001. Problem is he has not and has shown no better then some rookies on most teams. They also are in trouble with QB’s Their rookies are just plain not ready for the big time unless they wish to wait out the season by playing them to find out what they actually have. The QB is the most important position on the team. Defensively the riders need to fill big shoes. Have they done it. Not sure but I guess like most teams we will get these answers in the next few weeks. Austinpowers you keep under estimate our Canadians but your right thats do a wait and see on that matter as well. We can PM each other to kibitz the next few games so that some of the more serious posters on here will not get upset.

West assessment:
BC- Good offense and Defense only thing lacking is QB’s can these new guys get the job done through out the season. This is the team to beat
Edmonton- This team will be different then the past two years. The offense with Ricky Ray can be brilliant but right now running back and receivers are unkown. Defense lots of rookies in place they need to prove. The only thing that we do know and I am sure the Eskie fans will agree they are very weak at Coaching.
Riders- Weak at QB and back up like I stated above Crandell will have rider fans screaming in no time. Defense replacements will they get the job done. Iinebackers are a question mark. Great offensive line.
Calgary-Set at QB four very capable to do the job. Good receivers, good full back, young Oline played well against BC’s first string defense but lack depth.
Defense the DB’s and linebackers will be much improved this year defensive line is a question mark we will soon see when the real games start. Coaching I would say it matches any in the league at this time. I can say one thing the defense will be way better under our new DC.

Charlie Taaffe was there last year there, buddy. The other coaches are new, but trust me it’s an upgrade know matter what way you look at it.

I will say Hamilton in the East (sorry TiCat fans, I think your still a year away). Montreal still has a real good defence, even if their qbs are getting sacked all season long. I guess the TiCats will have 6 wins this year.

And I don't know in the West. Maybe the Esks again or maybe the Riders. And that's not a knock on those two teams, just a sign of how good everyone else looks. The last place team in the West will probably have 8 wins.

West: Edmonton

Tough to say. Like most of you, I say it's a tossup between Edmonton and Saskatchewan. But basing my opinion just on Roster moves and History, I think Saskatchewan will stick within the first 2 teams, and Edmonton will be around the same area as last season. I hope I'm wrong, I'd love to see the Underdogs surprise.

East. Hamilton

Most Hamilton fans I meet and talk too, think they're team will be good because they had a 2-0 record in the Pre-Season. I'm not convinced at all. Once Lumsden get's hurt, this team is in trouble. Printers is a good player, but has no one to throw too. Above them, I will disagree about Montreal. I think Montreal will surprise, and so will Winnipeg. I see the East's bottom 2 being Hamilton and Winnipeg. I think Winnipeg is wayyyyy Overrated, and was last season also.

Just a slight correction.
A.C. Did not do well under Bellefeuile.

That being said I have not heard whether or not AC will be calling his plays again this year

I would really like to meet these Hamilton fans that you are talking to. The Ti-Cats are 6-0 in the last three pre-seasons, but I think the regular season speaks for itself. Although most fans in Hamilton think that the team is going to be improved, most are expecting a race for the basement with Montreal. Winnipeg overrated? You do know that they went to the Grey Cup last year and managed to keep their core players (many of whom were free agents)? In a division where two teams are rebuilding (Hamilton Annually) and one is aging, I think Winnipeg runs over the east.

I met them all over the Peel region. Mostly Burlington :lol:

Winnipeg overrated? You do know that they went to the Grey Cup last year and managed to keep their core players (many of whom were free agents)
No, I didn't know that. :roll:

Winnipeg got the the Grey Cup, you’re right. Other than Toronto, who gave them a run for their money? Winnipeg WAS THE BEST team in the East last year, but on TSN or even the fans here made it as if they were unbeatable, and Montreal was horrible. Winnipeg finished 10-8 and Montreal 8-10. Winnipeg is not as good as everyone says they were, and are.

Thanks for aguing my opinion though.

I was arguing your opinion. That is what this forum is all about. I respect your opinion but if we all just agreed with one another how would we make it through the work day. I respect your opinion and look forward to arguing it more.

Yeah it wasn’t sarcastic :lol: I’m happy you did! You’re right, that’s what the forum is all about.

Our head coach has a rep for being an offensive genius. He will be very involved in the offense.
We have the best QB depth we’ve had in a long time with Brady, Banks, Santos, and McPherson in the mix. If you watched either of the preseason games, you know that the backups did extremely well moving the ball down the field and scoring TDs.