Last game for Tisdale

Well, he was partially right. Tisdale had nothing to do with the team only scoring three points on offence. But cutting Tisdale had to be done, as he looked totally lost out there.

So, where do we go from here? Is there a good DB available right now? Or do we go with Pointer at boundary, Stephen at field, and Daly at safety? Or do we go with Ellis and Pointer at the corners, leaving Stephen at safety?

Is it the same Chris Davis that ran a wide FG back 109 yards for Auburn in 2014?

[url=http://www.torontosun.com/2014/01/03/auburn-tigers-returner-chris-davis-brings-back-memories-of-henry-gizmo-williams]http://www.torontosun.com/2014/01/03/au ... o-williams[/url]

Don’t think so. That Chris Davis is on the San Francisco 49ers roster currently and if I recall, the Chris Davis that the TiCats have brought back is from Southern Illinois. A Salukis!

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

Give this player a chance! Look relax it's better this happens now (a butt kicking ) rather than later after Labor Day , don't get me wrong I never want to get our butts kicked ever ! Remember we have lots of new players on our D and a new O coordinator calling the plays
Our coaching staff are top shelf and will turn it around have faith we have been down but never out before. I am more conserned about our place kicking ?!

We lost a game. No big deal.

As Bobby Dobbs (coach of Calgary in the early 60s) said, "You win some, you lose some, and once in a while you tie."

I predict we'll lose more before the season is over. But I also predict we'll win more than we lose. Will we finish first in the east? I don't know. Will we win the Grey Cup? I hope so.

As for Geoff Tisdale, I wish him well. He made some good contributions in Hamilton and in the CFL over the years. If it's over for him now, he can look at his career with pride.

Here are some quotes from Tisdale, courtesy of Drew Edwards.

Tisdale’s sudden release a wake up call for Ticats
Posted on July 4, 2016 by Drew Edwards // 0 Comments

After nine-years with four different Canadian Football League teams, Geoff Tisdale certainly understands the cutthroat nature of professional football. But that doesn’t necessarily make it any easier.

The team released the veteran defensive back on Sunday, less than 48 hours after a 28-3 loss to the B.C. Lions in which the Ticats were dominated in virtually every phase of the football game. But it was Tisdale, who was burned repeatedly by B.C. receivers and took a couple of costly penalties, who paid the ultimate price.

“I’m all the way fine. I can’t really be down – I don’t see the sense in that. You have to look at the situation I was in: I didn’t get a training camp, I didn’t even get a pre-season game, I only played four games last season, ? Tisdale said. “To expect me to go out there and make something happen right away. … I’m sorry, that’s a little crazy.?

After a string of injuries ravaged their secondary during training camp, the Ticats signed Tisdale just four days before the week one match against Toronto and installed him at the busy boundary corner spot. He seemed to hold his own in the win over the Argos, but was just one of the many issues against B.C. in what was one of the worst performances of the Kent Austin era.

“Not real happy with the film and we had a lot more mistakes than we’ve had in a long time, ? Austin said Sunday. “The good news is that’s it’s all correctable and we have time to get better. But way, way, way too many missed assignments.?

Austin said Tisdale’s release is simply an attempt to improve the team and wasn’t intended as a reminder of the consequences that can follow a poor performance.

But veteran offensive lineman Brian Simmons says that point was made, anyway.

“It’s harsh and it let’s everybody know they have to come ready to work. Guys had their eyes opened, ? Simmons said. “That’s a veteran guy that just got let go and it will definitely send a message to the rest of the guys on the team.?

The Ticats were back on the field Sunday after just a single day of rest, courtesy of a short week of preparation ahead of Thursday’s home game against the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

The schedule allows them to put the B.C. loss behind them quickly, but forces them to do so with tired arms.

“From a mental standpoint, I think it’s probably a good thing, ? Austin said. “Physically, I’m not so sure.?

Still, practising with a few aches and pains is preferable to the alternative, given that Tisdale will have all the time he needs to recover.

This could be the end of the road for the 30-year-old.

[b][i]“The Ticats wanted to go in another direction, that’s the name of the business. All I can do is thank them for the opportunity and just move on. I have no hard feelings toward anyone in the organization, ? Tisdale said. “I did my best with what I was given. I know for a fact if I was given more time to prepare, given another game to bounce back, it was going to come to me.

“But you play the cards you were dealt – you can’t be mad at the dealer.?[/i][/b]

NOTES: Ticats guard Ryan Bomben missed Sunday’s practice with the flu, while defensive co-ordinator Orlondo Steinauer was absent while dealing with a personal matter. Both are expected to return in a day or so.

[url=http://3downnation.com/2016/07/04/tisdales-sudden-release-wake-call-ticats/]http://3downnation.com/2016/07/04/tisda ... ll-ticats/[/url]

I never played football beyond High School, and never coached it. But I did coach hockey for 15+ years up to Juvenile age.

From sometimes bitter experience, I learned that if you put a player in a situation beyond his abilities, he will either be unsuccessful, or will attempt to be successful by bending the rules, and taking penalties. As a coach, it just flips. If you have a player that is unsuccessful or who is taking a lot of penalties, you have probably put him in a situation beyond his ability to perform. The choices are normally that he has to be coached, moved to another position, or replaced.

It is unfortunate for Tisdale, but if we have to have a player with a learning curve, it might as well be a young up and comer with future potential (and maybe a lower salary cap hit?). Hopefully the newbie will get better over the season and the mistakes will diminish with each game?

Anyone remember the name Rico Cartwright? He was a Hamilton corner in 1992, and got cut after his bungle at the end lost us the game to Edmonton at IWS. I forget the eskimo receiver it was, but Cartwright let him get behind him when Hamilton had a 1 score lead late in the 4th.

After he got cut by the Ticats, he was signed by BC and returned a punt for a TD in his first game with them.

Anyway, the Tisdale situation made me think of that guy.

As I say, move him to another position. Tisdale is not a "bad" player, but, based on the BC game, does not now have the skills to play corner in Hamilton's defence.

Doesn't mean he won't catch on elsewhere, or that he won't come back to burn us with another team or in another role. But, on July 1, he is was not ready to play CB here.

first, I can't believe all the flack Tisdale is getting for this game, yes he had a few penalties that were uncalled for but if a WR gets 116 yards in a game it doesn't go to the DB covering him half the time... As for the guys at the start of this post, I bet you guys don't know the difference between man and zone and how u play them. Who ever called the game on D should be let go, their was no disguises in coverage what so ever, when you saw Tis off his man, they were in a zone across the board, every DB was 7-12 yards off, if they were in man, they were in close. My 11 year old son could tell you what they were calling. Also if a WR starts in your zone and his route takes you into another zone, that yardage doesn't go against the 1st DB. Who would bring in a guy with no prep, no pre season games under his belt and put him in one of the hardest positions to play on D and then cut him because he had one bad game out of 2... The first game he played in T.O. was decent. This is what's wrong with the CFL, the coaches rarely give anyone a chance and they do not plan further than a week ahead. They lost one game, I don't hear anyone calling out the QB, who in my opinion looked like a boy without a clue and threw what 3 or 4 times to the other team with no cats in sight. He damaged the team more than anyone on D. You can't expect the D to be on the field pretty much the whole game and expect to do well. Another note on Tis, the play where he had the horse collar, 1st wasn't a horse collar, he grabbed the front of the WRs pads and tried to tomahawk the ball out of his hands, something D players get taught from Day one, also, he got beat on the route (no denying that) but caught him after giving up 5 yards, so his speed is still there... He had some good plays as well, but in the end it's the coaching that everyone should be on, not the players. They put a man behind the 8 ball and punished him for it, why didn't they use they younger guys that started the preseason games in first until he got some work in? Or give him a safety over top to help out? Because the coaches don't have a clue and I will tell u why they don't use anyone else, because they are not any better, not even close... I watched them get it handed to them in the preseason and in camp. One last thing, my 11 year old son, knows a guy who knows Tisdale, he sent this guy a text just to wish him luck in his Hamilton return game, an hour later someone called him up, that someone was Geoff Tisdale himself... My boy has a smile on his face still! Not many guys would take the time to make someone else's day. So don't be all negative like Tisdale was the sole reason for the loss, the game was already getting out of hand before he made His mistakes. He deserves a shot, a committed shot, and he is a true pro in every sense of the word. We wish u nothing but the best of luck Tis.

I'm sure Tisdale is a wonderful person but come on. If you can't tackle or cover, then perhaps the other teams that released you were right. The Cats, Stamps, Als, and Riders allowed him to play professional football. Don't blame the coaches when you've come to the end of a career. Tisdale wasn't pointing fingers at the coaching staff and neither should we.

Pat Lynch(the old guy)

Pat, I want to call you on this one.

1. 30 isn't terribly old (especially when you compare it with you and me!)

2. Playing your second game of 2016 (no pregames) and only four games last year, gets pretty tough at showing up in a key position. Tisdale is shoved into a rough corner. Neither is he rotated out, to see if the challenge to his position is continued, or for him to get some counselling or a read on what's happening...its straight to the butcher's shop, 'thanks and goodby, I hope you enjoy the tuna fish sandwich on the way home"

3. You can argue all night if that was a "horse-tackle" or not, but it clearly saved a touch-down. Which would you rather have? (And I'd love to hear your answer!)

4. Were the Tabbies simply outcoached in this game? Think about it...I love KA, OS and JR as coaches, but Wally is arguably the best Coach/GM in the League, and can and could outfox just about anyone, and all of his players are healthy.

@Creeker Tisdale may have saved a touchdown with the horse collar tackle but it was he who was so badly beaten on the play that he had to resort to the desperation move. The Lions ran at him. They passed at him. He was the weak link. He is a veteran and I believe the coaching staff believed that he could do the job. Clearly he could not. The proof in the pudding will be if another team picks him up. I wish him well.
As for Wally, the only thing missing in the game was his chair, ten yards on to the field. He and Duron Carter could become fast friends.

Pat Lynch(the old guy)

Gotta agree with "the old guy".
Tisdale was exposed by the lions from almost the first play they ran and it continued all game. I don't care if it was man to man or zone coverage....the plays in his area of coverage were the most glaring goof ups of all on the defensive side of our game. I think the film finally did him in. Not just what we saw as fans.
I hate seeing vets fired...maybe a move to the PR would have been appropriate ....but I don't think he played up to a veteran standard.
I wish him the best...maybe another more desperate team will pick him up. I hope he has another employment option to pay the bills.

Find the weak link and attack it constantly until the other team adjusts for your attack. Football 101. I saw no adjustment for the clear strategy of attack at Tisdale's position.

Cut a D guy when your team put up ZERO points on Offense yep that sends the right message. NOT

No one calling for Mazoli to be cut after 2 awful games and last night 6 turnovers lol bit bias i see

The two rookies inserted into the D played better than Tisdale. Ya, they got burned on the inside routes, but didn't take any costly stupid penalties because they were out of position.
Which QB with experience leading this club would you inset?

Oh, we don't have one? Hence the best we have is playing.

Tisdale is gone, he not coming back.

Give it a rest...this thread should be closed :thdn:

my 12 year old kid could play a full game and not commit 6 turnovers alone