Last game at Ivor Wynne stadium

That's great, I wish I had a room just for Ticat collectibles.

Iā€™ve already contacted them. Here is their response. (btw he replied with a correction from ā€œfamiliesā€ to ā€œfamilyā€™sā€ for any grammar nerds).

I had a sports bar motif in the basement . Autographs and pictures including
Grey Cup vcr tapes from 1963, 65, 67, 72, 89, and 1999 . Sadly, none of my memories fit in our new seniorsā€™ residence .

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

Do you still have room for memories in your seniorsā€™ head? lol

1 Like

So far, so good. :grinning:

Pat Lynch (the older guy)

I find that kind of sad that they wouldnā€™t archive that photo. The panoramic interactive photo they had on the website was a neat memento for the fans that were there and a fitting final tribute to IWS. They should have left that picture on the website forever.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty cool. Wish Iā€™d know about that interactive poster. Dang!

1 Like

I miss the old barn I knew every Nick and cranny of that place
The new stadium is nice but it has no personality at all
I remember being so soaked that Night
I was so wet when I got home I had to wring my clothes out

But the good thing about the rain was it hid my tears
I hated seeing the old barn get tore down still do
But times have changed and the cats needed a new venue

1 Like

Not that it matters now, but I imagine it was something that didnā€™t get brought over to the new website when the next change occurred. Still, it could have been saved for posterity on a server whenever that happened, but unfortunately we lived (live) in a disposable society. I have hope that will be one of the many positive changes that come out of the current pandemic. :slightly_smiling_face: :mask:

The Cats won all their home games (10) in 2019 at THF . Ivor Wynn with its wooden benches , splinters, crowded concessions, and washrooms never could match our new stadium .
The seating and sight lines at THF are great . Our caretaker is great . Our recruiting is great because of our modern facilities and our coaching and management team . Your longing for the old days is illogical .

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

1 Like

Sorry Pat Iā€™m sentimental
I would rather go back to the old barn
Yes the new stadium is far superior
But for me personally Iā€™d rather take in a game at Ivor Wynne Then Tim Hortons field
Maybe because I volunteered to do some of the internet wiring
In the old stadium with one of their Outsource technicians
I remember crawling around in the old dive in the press boxes
Running Cat6 cable from side to side

I remember going to practices
Iā€™m talking to Danny and Paul as they were taking the field
I just knew that building better and it felt like home
The new building facilities are excellent I just donā€™t like it as much Outsource technician crawling around

Do you ever look at decades-old family photos - say, from 75 years ago - and wonder how many of the pictures or videos taken in 2020 will still be accessible in, say, 2095?

1 Like

ā€œIf man is still aliveā€ to quote Zager and Evans. :cry: :mask:

Watch the Michael Moore movie on YouTube " Planet of the Humans. " An alternate view that debunks the Climate Change theorists. I sincerely hope we are all around for thousands of years.

In the actual song, this is true.

1 Like

I, for one, am glad MY WIFE appreciates old dilapidated things!

2 Likes

Best post of the new board!

Itā€™s cool to talk about how bad the new stadium is, and how bad the new fans are, and how bad the replays are, and how loud the music is, and ā€¦ and ā€¦ and ā€¦

You said it best Sir!

1 Like