Last CFL dropkick ???

Does anyone know when the last cfl dropkick took place...lots of info about the last nfl dropkick ( 1947 ) but the last cfl dropkick is tough to find.
any answers out there ?

during one of the games this season, it is still actively used I believe

just saw one done by BC ten seconds ago. Unless my terms are wrong.

K.K.........your team is winning ...........pay attention................... :wink: :lol: :smiley:

Dropkick: the ball is dropped onto the ground (ideally on it's nose or close to it, depending on the kicker) and kicked when the ball touches the ground. It's not hard to get down with practice, but the point of the nose makes it a more difficult kick than with rugby or aussie footballs.

I think it is more of kicking it after it bounces as opposed to when it is touching the ground

I'm honestly not sure what defines it in rugby. I've been practicing both kicking it off of the ground and kicking it after it's bounced 6-12 inches, but I think that the latter is illegal.

When it doubt, look it up
As per the 2005 rule book.
"A drop kick is made by dropping it from the hands and kicking it as it is rising from the ground"

But was there one done in the B.C. game or not? (I couldn't watch)

Kicking it after it bounces? Sounds dumb to me, the ball could go any which way if it hurts the turf wrong. Sounds like a fumble recovery and return for TD kinda play.

What game ? and who was it? I never heard anything about it.

Guys...I'm talking about the ball dropped and it hits the ground and it is kicked in an attempt to place it between the uprights for 3 points during the run of play...Last time ?

hasn't happened in recentyears as far as I know. I think flutie used to practice it.

I can't remember

Oh, THAT, that hasn't been done in a while, the ball is no good for that.

WELL WHATEVER! I WAS REFERRING TO BC RECEIVING A KICKOFF WITH LESS THAN 10 SECS IN THE 2ND QTR. AND PUNTING IT BACK TO THE WINNIPEG KICKING TEAM. WHAT IS THAT CALLED? AS FOR THE DROPKICK TECHNIQUE ITS REAL EASY WITH A RUGBY BALL. NOT TOO DIFFICULT WITH THE CFL SIZED BALL AS LONG AS THE NOSE HITS FLAT IT ONLY GOES STRAIGHT UP ABOUT FOUR INCHES. PERFECT FOR KICKING IT.

What you are refering to is a QUICK KICK.
The object to to have any player behind the guy who kicks it recover it and hopefull score a TD

Drop kicking field goals ended in the '50's I believe, though I couldn't give you a date, I think that the place kick rule for FGs came in when the CRU became the CFL (1958), but not totally sure about that. BTW, drop kicking a FG is still legal.

How abou drop punts?

I believe that the last drop kick of which I'm aware was done in 1983 by Jan Carinci (sp?) then of Toronto vs. B.C. in a regualr season league match. Both Flutie and Matt Dunigan used to practice them, but they are very rare indeed now a days.
LTF