LaPolice State at Shipwrecks Game Thread (Sept. 19, 1 pm et)

Typical Rogers Centre fare it seems: riveting ball movement between the 30s LOL

72 total yards for blue team, most of them on a drive that got them to midfield.

The punters have been busy and will likely continue to be.

I didn't expect a lot of offence from these two teams.

Coach Barker was screaming "The bridge is out " "The bridge is out" the Boatmen just stared at him. :lol:

Changes at the half may open things up for both teams, ya think.

Maybe, but neither team’s QB impresses me a lot, both teams relying on RBs, who haven’t always been getting them far.

Boreham punt #7, returned within WPG 20.

Tom Clements and Doug Flutie warming up? LMAO :wink:

Currently the Roll of Toilet paper trophy for todays Crap Bowl is in the bummers' hands.... :smiley:

I think it's time for one of these teams to pick up a hammer, break open the glass case, and pull out the napkin with the "Fumblerooski" play on it. LOL

Russ Jackson and Ron Lancaster in the old days have been known to get things heated up as well.

Those two, even though they retired years ago, might look better than Lemon and Jyles. :slight_smile:

Especially after that Lemon “pass attempt” that slipped out of his hand. Crowd boos as punt #8 for Boreham is coming up.

Indeed. I was keeping my options within the respective team alumni. LOL

Oh well; On the other hand I'm just waiting patiently for the Eskimo "Bubblin" crude game at Molson later against Montreal. :expressionless:

I have to question the decision not to kick a 51 yard field goal attempt.

LOL, Dunnigan Quote "go to the half with a commanding 6 point half time lead."

Had to agree with Dunigan there, Boreham went down, but there should have been no penalty against WPG. Officials agreed, fortunately.

Then WPG drive ends after dropped pass, then bad pass that was near-pick.

Would have been 51 yard attempt, thought coaching staff would be sick of seeing punts, but the puntfest continues.

Both offenses are flat and the defences definitely came to play today!

Palardy is a rookie, his range might not be that long, and I think the blue team returned a missed FG for a TD against them earlier this year. It wasn’t like the decision at the end of the 4th quarter to punt made by SSK when they should have and could have gone with FG attempt.

At the half:

WPG 6
TOR 0

I’d compare that to a Leafs-Jets game from years ago, except I think even the Leafs would have put more points on the board by now. :slight_smile:

And John Brophy would have popped a forehead vein! :wink:

All nine blue team drives have ended in punts.

The defences on both teams do deserve some credit, but offences have not been challenging a lot. We've seen bad passes and dropped ones from both teams.

Interesting to see Davis used on a return.

There it is, the BiG play has just happened.

Wow! Game on I guess! LOL

Special teams in this game ARE special. LMAO