LaPo to be guest analyst on TSN

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=408961

LaPolice, who was the head coach of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers for two seasons, will work alongside CFL ON TSN host Dave Randorf and analysts Chris Schultz, Matt Dunigan, Jock Climie, and Milt Stegall for the remainder for the CFL season. He makes his television debut this week and will be featured on the CFL on TSN panel and in a new Coaches Playbook segment breaking down plays. LaPolice will also break down the action from a coach’s perspective on SportsCentre throughout the 100th Grey Cup Playoffs and the 100th Grey Cup.

Way to go, TSN and LaPo. :thup: I’ve been wanting better analysis and more attention to Xs and Os for a while now. LaPo is a classy guy and I’m glad to see him remaining involved with football in the short term.

Yeah me too. Thanks TSN for listening to your viewers !

NIce!

Great move for TSN and for Lapo. All of the panel brings us the CFL through the vision of the players eyes. Lapo will be bringing it through a coaches propective.
RDS should be doing the same with Macell Bellifuere now hanging in Canada with the UFL canceling there season again.

Does Marcel speak French ??? RDS broadcast is fantastic and Pierre Vercheval does a great jobs with the X and O's much mcuh better team than TSN.

Didn't LaPo coach Stegall in Winnipeg? Nice to have that relationship with one of the other broadcasters, should add a fun dimension to the analysis.

Isn't Marcel Franco-Ontarian? I'd be shocked if he didn't speak French.

I believe that Marcel is equally bilingulal in speaking french and English growing up as a francophone. It was brought up when the Montreal Canadians hired an Anglo coach and how that was such a big deal but it was not for the ALs and the Marcel is the top french speaking coach even though he was from Ottawa.
Could be a nice addition to the Ottawa staff even if not the head coach but as a coordinator and how that would go a long way for RDS to have an Ottawa's coaches show on RDS if he were the head coach and how it would even work if he was a Coordinator locking in some interest from the 30% french speaking fans from the Ottaw-gatineau area and a plus that he is from Ottawa.
I think you may see him on the Ottawa staff as even just a position coach and connect him with RDS on a weekly radio show.