Landry's 5 takeaways from the final week of pre-season

Hello, BC Lions fans. Need your assistance. Lucky Whitehead tweeted out a call for requests on how he should next show up on game day after roller skating into BC Place last Friday. I asked if he could ride in on a llama and he replied “send me the llama.” So, if there’s anyone in the lower mainland area who can help out with that….

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/06/06/landrys-5-takeaways-from-the-final-week-of-pre-season/

Well, Jones has work to do. Elks didn't show up. The rush yds given up had to be a big concern & 6 turnovers didn't help. It looks to me that Locksley should be the backup to Arbuckle. Cornelius, outside of his size, hasn't done anything to keep him there IMO. I did say before that Elks likely keep all 4. Main reason? If Arbuckle goes down the only "veteran", loosely speaking, is Cornelius. (Actually they kept 5 - Beaudry is on the PR but been used primarily as TE & FB).

A QB controversy in MTL? Quelle surprise! Adams wasn't happy & Jones isn't Maciocia's hiring. Khari is under pressure to win & it has been said is a bit soft on players. That may change. Harris has 100,000 reasons on his contract to be #1. Maybe that happens sooner than later.

Bombers secondary has had a bunch of changes. Darby gone, Maston gone so yeah, big shoes to fill. Alford gone, Alexander gone for awhile (6 game??), Rose in a walking boot after game 1 - is he OK? They've got some issues over there. Only team that didn't give their starting QB ANY reps in pre-season. Say what you want, Collaros in his 10 previous seasons has never started all 18 games. Being overly cautious with Zach in pre-season? Hope the best for Zach this year but that's a big takeaway for me. Zach stated he wanted to play prior to game 1. Give him a couple of series.

Don't do it Lucky!!!! PETA will crucify you.

1 Like

Lucky plans to ride out on a specially bred luxury stretch version called 'Llamasine'. We're seeing the jet black models used in funeral processions and weddings now. They're nice and quiet, seat six people... but they bite.

1 Like

Don't "dally" with Llamas.

2 Likes

I will let Lucky Whitehead ride in with one of my custom bikes. Does Lucky have a valid motorcycle license :question:

2 Likes

If not maybe volunteer to ride it yourself and tow him in!

HitchARide

2 Likes

Brilliant idea-I guess we shall be calling you "Mad Maaax" :smile: :rofl: :star_struck:

2 Likes

Believe me... I won't be mad if you manage to pull this off!

2 Likes