Landry: Familiar faces add spice to the race in the West

A couple of familiar faces in familiar places – and two more in unfamiliar places – are about to add immensely to the intrigue of the battle for supremacy in the CFL’s West Division.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/10/22/landry-familiar-faces-add-spice-race-west/

You are right just cancel the rest of the season and just award the Grey Cup to the Bombers , they are invincible even though they struggled to beat a awefull Edmonton team last week

Nobody's awarding the Bomber's the Grey Cup right now, including myself and I've been a Bomber fan since the early 80's. But I hardly call beating a team by 10 points struggling to beat them! Yes the Bombers got off to a slow start offensively in that game but they still won by 10. And their point spread on their games with Edmonton is far better than any other teams' combined spread against the Elks.

But then "Haters gotta hate"

An awful Edmonton team that still beat up Calgary, AND BC in their own barns.

They don't ask "How"
They ask "How Many"

:large_blue_circle::bomb::trophy::x::two::100::crown:

Lol they were tied until 9 minutes left in the game to the last place Elks and are lucky Grymes dropped that pick 6 or the bombers might have been done lol , they are just lucky it was the worst team in the league they were playing

1 Like

So you are saying that the Bombers are 9 and 1 just because of luck?

No! I wouldn't put it exactly that way. They certainly have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. However they certainly have had their share of great luck going their way in some games. Latest Example Grymes dropping a clearly pick 6 ball that would have ended the Bomber's run.

1 Like

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have done an excellent job of protecting the football in this 2021 season. Both there O-Line & D-Line have outperformed their opposition. I want to see their record at the end of 14 league games. At that time we can see where they stand-Health wise-Momentum-Playoff matchups-Weather just to mention a few. Any team which brings their "A" game can upset the Bombers 2021 edition. :bangbang:

Luck bounces both ways.

You forget about earlier in the same game that a Bomber DB dropped an interception on the sidelines deep in Elk's territory that also likely would have gone for 6 if he had held on.

Great teams find ways to win - even if they aren't always pretty! Bad teams find ways to lose!

[quote="dealerd, post:5, topic:74183"]

Lol they were tied until 9 minutes left in the game to the last place Elks and are lucky Grymes dropped that pick 6 or the bombers might have been done lol , they are just lucky it was the worst team in the league they were playing

[/quot/]

Wouda, Couda, Shoulda......but Didna.

Kinda like the Bombers taking them 29 years to win the cup
Coulda woulda shoulda

29 years - 2 Grey Cups

Lol you wish I know they was no season so they never earned 2 cups keep dreaming lol

What was the score again last year ? Who did they beat ? I forgot

The signing of Tre Roberson means 1/3 of teams offensive playbook is gone.

Do the math

1990 - 2019 = 29 years
Bombers won in 1990 & 2019

Soooooo.... 2 Grey Cups in 29 years

Bombers 50
Edmonton 11 a real close one.

Bombers 33
Hamilton 12 another tight one.

I’m saying they haven’t won a cup SINCE 1990 which is 29 years since they won their last one prior to 2019

No you didn't.

Kinda like the Bombers taking them 29 years to win the cup
Coulda woulda shoulda

Lol you wish I know they was no season so they never earned 2 cups keep dreaming lol

What was the score again last year ? Who did they beat ? I forgot

Obviously you can’t read properly to figure it out