Lancaster's Stubborness !!!!!!!!

Lancaster should have been let go when Bob bought the team…PERIOD Then you can say what kind of coach Greg is or in this case was.

For the record I do have friends on the team so I do know something.

Then its Marshall’s fault for taking the job, he knew full well what he was getting into with Lancaster here. Its not like Marshall quit because he couldnt take it anymore. He was FIRED because he was a bad coach.

Everybody has flaws in their philosophy, not least of all Ron Lancaster.

I don't know what he was getting paid as "Director of Football Operations", which sounds like it ranks around the same, if not slightly higher than "Head Coach"...

So, yeah, Marshall was caused to "listen to him", and a first year Pro Coach, let alone Head Coach, better have some sort of Mentor...

Lancaster's implied comment that "This was Greg Marshall's team" could be broken up on a garden fork, and make the grass grow GREEN!

Getting back to the QB question, Lanc moved heaven and earth in his playing days in Saskatchewan to have ineffective backup QB's behind him, in order that he would/could never get pulled for non-performance.

His QB stats are due to longevity, a great big guy called Clyde Brock that played in front of him and another gentleman called George Reed, who was a battering ram of an RB, and only recently bested in yards and TDS by Mike Pringle...

During that time the Green Riders lost to the Eslimo's repetitively, as they inspired the concept of a dual quarterbacking team, that if Lemmermandidn't produce, they'd put in Tom Wilkinson, and subsequently, a guy named Warren Moon (did any of these "bums" ever amount to anything, you might ask? DUH!)

The bottom line is that we have some pretty solid football players on the team this year, and on contract for a bit longer. Next year we are going to have a new Head Coach, and I would not be surprised that he would demand a new coaching staff that "worked his way"...and we will start finding success...

You’re suggesting that Marshall was a man of such low fortitude and integrity that he’d play the public puppet for the sake of a paycheque?
I’m to believe that we hired a man and then allowed his predescesor (sp?) to tell him what to do and all the while Greg just said yup yup yup…whatever you say Ron.
I watched Sudsy at camp speak to Marshall numerous times…oh and Mike McCarthy spoke to him too, both with lifetimes more pro experience than Greg.
Were they running Greg also?
Greg Marshall and his chosen coaching staff had the final say on who was signed and who played.
I just find it hard to believe that with the amount of upper level management this team has in both the office and football ops that anyone would sit back and let a newly hired HC be pushed around and told how to run his team.
Like I said…I don’t think for a second Greg Marshall was that weak minded, what a shame so many do.

Coach Lancaster does not run the plays. The team isn't performing.

No one can say he is a bad coach, because he has had more good years than bad. We had competitive teams in Hamilton from the moment he was brought in, until the purse strings were pulled tight.

It isn't as if he inherited a winning team when he took over.

How about we stop blaming the Head Coach for everything.
As a player, Ron was one of the greats.
As a coach he again has proved he's got what it takes.........IT'S THE PLAYERS THAT ARE BLOWING THE PLAYS and STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE COACHING. Coaches can only do so much.
I'm not even a huge Ron support but the facts are the facts.

:cowboy:

Lifter said

Lanc moved heaven and earth in his playing days in Saskatchewan to have ineffective backup QB’s behind him, in order that he would/could never get pulled for non-performance.

If Ron Lancaster had that much power and influence as a mere player
it is easy to see now how it must be child’s play for Ron to manipulate
everyone from upper management on down on the Ticats today.

NOT!

Come on! You can’t be serious, Lifter.

Lifter:

More blah blah blah. Nasty, worthless opinions.
Just who are you to discredit what Ron Lancaster has contributed over the years to the CFL…on and off the field?
Its one thing to criticize him for the teams performance now but his playing days are another matter.
My recollections of watching Lancaster play are much different to yours thank goodness.

One more thing. Its pretty bad when supposed Tiger Cat fans use this forum to try to tear down former players reputations and performance with nothing more than poisonous personal opinion.

actually, what's Ron's overall record as a coach - I bet you will be underwhelmed.
He isn't that great of a football guy.
He had Flutie and McManus get hot for about 6 weeks and it won him a grey cup.........
other than that his record isn't any better that Al Bruno, who was a 500 coach, with a grey cup in 86.........

Take away 1-17 (not his fault) and that record looks much better.

Freshwind:

Oh really? Thanks for letting us know. Maybe we should have handed back the Grey Cup because Flutie and McManus were “only hot for 6 weeks”. We probably did not deserve to win.
Also …I was chastising Lifter for attacking Ron Lancasters playing career.

Let me state up front that I;m not a Ron Lancaster booster. I couldn't stand him when he played and I can't stand him now. However, the fact is that he's forgotten more about football than I'll ever know. His "problem" is that he's a lameduck coach. He can see what the limitations of the team are (and there are many) but he knows that he's there only for the rest of the year. And the players know that too.

He just doesn't have the horses needed to build a strong team. Kwame Cavil is a perfect example. That the team could only get a 3rd round pick for 2007 tells you all you need to know about how he's viewed by other teams although in Hamilton, he was seen as a wasted star. If he's playing Maas, it's because he can see that he's the team's only real hope for salvation. He needs to use every opportunity to get Maas untracked.

Like I said, I'm no RL fan but what's happening to your team ain't his fault.

An Argo fan

What did Terry Vaughn cost us from Montreal…I believe it was similar,and he’s a way better reciever than Cavil,does that mean that Als GM Propp is a dumby,no? :cowboy:

Sorry Barneyfife ,I think I misunderstood your post,…Ooops

As I opined in anther thread -- http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?name=PNp ... 9&start=15 -- it's a little rich to take shots at Ron for stubborness when we are witness to the greatness of Don Matthews and Wally Buono in this league, hardly invertebrates when it comes to approach.

Thanks to Ron for the Grey Cup win in 1999 and leading the team through its darkest hour in 2003 (bankruptcy/receivership).

"Some chicken, some neck," as Winnie the incorrigible brandy soak would say.

Oski Wee Wee,