Lancaster.."we have to get better"

My mistake I thought those were your words,didnt realize you were quoting Marshall........Sorry

No problem... i like Ron's straight forward no BS attitude. That was the point i was making. What else should he say? We're bad and he knows it.

8) Would a true reality be better !!! Yes, like a proof being a proof and you know it's a proof when it's proven !!!! :lol: Good one !!! I do remember that great quote from someone who I don't want to remember !!!! :lol:

He can say more than we need to get better.The problem is how are we going to get better.I believe its the coaching staff not the players.

We agree again.

Cheers,

His words are "we have to play a little bit better than Saturday " That is reassuring ,he should win coach of the year for that statement.It is obvious that he does not know what to do or say ,he might as well say " i'm quitting " because his players have quit on him and not one of them except Morrelli and Hitchcock are playing for him because of thier past and thier pride!I dare anyone to dispute that these ticat players have tuned Ron out and have quit on him and themselves!What a #@$%^^^& mess!

If they tune out Ron, they’re liable to be cut. Ask Yeast.

That being said, pride means squat if you don’t have game plans that maximize a team’s talent base on all sides of the ball. Defence may win championships, but coaching mediocrity certainly doesn’t.

Effort within systems that do not work is futile. Come up with whatever platitudes one wants, pride during 2-and-outs and a gassing of a defence is not what I am interested in seeing, period.

Pride plus poise plus a system one can buy into gives one the opportunity to accomplish something worthwhile in their execution play-by-play, series-by-series.

If your coaches’ inability to adjust does not allow you to succeed, you are done as a momentum-building, pride-infusing entity. You can find prideful effort in sandlot ball, that’s a given. Taking a similar approach against a well-prepared, focussed team is suicide.

The team is predictable on both sides of the line of scrimmage. I see a lot of people in chase positions on defence, few guys being able to break free on offense. For me, this is not a hustle issue. We don’t have the ability to make things happen from broken plays because the approaches are broken to start off with.

When Jock Climie can be negative about one’s team in two sentences without breaking a sweat in his Armani, it’s pretty telling. This is an old story around here.

We need coaches who can teach, correct, instill pride in a system, and reinforce good habits. Until we have that, c’est fini!

Oski Wee Wee,

A footnote: having pride when attempting a soon-to-be broken tackle is another whooptidoo. Kamau Peterson throws great blocks on hitches when we are down by 18. I thought we should salute that. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

It's having coaches who make players accountable to them and to themselves as a collective that can get the job done. Execution in pro ball simply does not happen in a vacuum. That is why there is hour-upon-hour of film study and drilling.

Oski Wee Wee,

Ron thinks we have to get better. Its good to see were on the same page. :wink: