LANCASTER CALLS IT QUITS!!!

Just seen on sportsnet! Maybe there is hope after all!!!!

holy sh*t. hopefully he'll take danny with him.

Well im guessing he had a choice, resign, or be fired, so he is trying to keep his dignity and do the right thing, something he hasnt done since he was with the Esks when Damon Allen was our QB. Personally , i think the ti-cats needed this, hopefully they will turn it around within the next few years.

GREAT news only 3 years too late?? Right take Danny with him only 3 years
too late!!!! Unless your a argo fan??/,, then a 3 year contract extension was in order, and bring back darin flutie ........ Sad operation,,,,,,,,,,

GREAT news only 3 years too late?? Right take Danny with him only 3 years
too late!!!! Unless your a argo fan??/,, then a 3 year contract extension was in order, and bring back darin flutie ........ Sad operation,,,,,,,,,,

Actually Marty York reported that Ron was going to replace Nealon Greene as The Riders starting QB next week. Stay Tuned

good one :lol:
he also reported that danny barret will now play backup.

rumor has it that he will step down as GM... but take over the position of senior director of football operations....

http://tsn.ca/cfl/news_story.asp?ID=132974&hubName=cfl

I'm a little surprised at how negative everyone is about Ron, he has been a wonderful CFL fixture for 30 to 40 years, I have never yet seen a GM win or lose a ball game, the coach has the ya or na on a football players future, I only hope that Lancaster is not sick again, because if he is I think you will feel pretty low with your remarks. Having said that he could have done a better job in getting some new players, but sometimes the best plans don't work out....Just Ask :roll: Roy?

How many Grey Cups did Ronnie Lancaster win as a player and as a coach or General Manager?????

Your worried about his health? Your name is Shadow of Death..

Who cares how many championships Lancaster won as a player, coach and GM? I agree that we should be celebrating the accomplishments of guys like him for what they contributed over a life time to the CFL and its success. It is too easy to knock the guy and do it without balance or thought.

Yes, Hamilton are struggling big time and yes, he has to be held to account for his work there and I guess taking away the GM job is the owner's way of calling him to account.

How much dignity can there be in this move for this guy other than he continues to work for his cheque. If I were him, I might have just made them fire me and collect the balance of my contract for doing nothing. Let me tell you, there is only one thing better than a good severance package and that is collecting that while you get work elsewhere.