Lancaster at the half on TSN

MY ISSUE ISN’T WITH THE INTERVIEW…MY ISSUE IS WITH WHAT IS BEING SAID…WHERE IS THE URGENCY TO WIN WITH THIS ORGANIZATION

WE WILL BE 1-7 WHEN TORONTO ARRIVES ON AUG 12 - BOOK IT :thdn: :thdn: :thdn:

BUT WE’RE HAVING FUN - GIVE ME A BREAK

Diesel, buy the book on positive thinking.

Ti-Cats 41
Argos 17

When you are 1-5...there would be a tendancy for the sphincter to tighten.

Coach Lancaster is simply telling the players to play loose, to have fun. To remember how fun the game was when they started playing it and why they kept playing it. It's a game.

The "have fun" tag is one coaches have stated for years. It's equated to a hitter in baseball who is slumping. They tend to squeeze the bat too tight or over-swing. Goal scorers in hockey tend to get "hard" hands around the net...again from sqeezing the stick too hard.

Relaxing and playing the game the way it should be, requires the players to "enjoy" playing, having fun and ultimately...winning.

If you have played any sport in your life ever...you've been told this 100 times a year.

Maybe the complainers will understand what Ronnie meant
when they see your excellent explanation, hendy77.

Somehow I can't say what I just said with conviction that it is true. :frowning:

Ron Lancaster has done a fabulous job since coming on line as the Head Coach.

Lets give the guy a chance to prove himself. Under his leadership, we knocked off the Stampeders and came within a hair of defeating the Alouettes in their own backyard.

I saw a lot of positives in last night's game, particularly in the defensive secondary where we were using new personnel for the first time. Mistakes were and always will be made, but these guys gave a pretty good account of themselves against a high powered offense. Admittedly, I think some of our defenders are giving opposition receivers too much field before moving in for the kill, particularly on passes up the middle where a guy like Calvillo can virtually undress you.

Jason Maas is starting to look more comfortable as our QB and Kamil Peterson played one hell of a ball game. (Hope his naysayers noticed that)

All in all, this team gives me HOPE which is much more than I had over recent past seasons.

I think we have the makings of a solid football club and at this stage, I don't think it will take a long time.

In terms of this season, I'm not expecting a lot, but the next couple of seasons should see us watching old fashioned Hamilton Tiger Cat winning football.

Lets have faith that good things will start to happen soon.

WE WILL BE 1-7 WHEN TORONTO ARRIVES ON AUG 12 - BOOK IT :thdn: :thdn: :thdn:

BUT WE'RE HAVING FUN - GIVE ME A BREAK
[/quote]
When your a 1-4 team and you roll in to the #1 rank team in the cfl and only loose by 3 points i dont care wheather there having fun or their mad as long as they play their hearts out, wich i think they did!
and we will see about being 1-7 by the time we play toronto because if they play as well as the did against montreal i think we'll be 3-5 :slight_smile:

[quote="diesel27..I am getting tired of losing...aren't you :?
[/quote]
Diesel....

I did not realize you were on the field last night :o . What was your number?

Saying "lets have fun" is just an expression for lack of getting into everything in a quick TV interview. Really doesn't mean anything. I mean, should he have said "lets not have fun, we are just here to win". Pointless. Sort of like the Queen waving her hand to the crowd from her car, what's she supposed to do? A gesture, just to say something to the cameras.