Lancaster "arrogant", c'mon Angie, not today...

I have seen Angelo Mosca on three separate sports segments today and the first word out of his mouth to describe Ron Lancaster is "arrogant".

I respect most opinions from just about anyone but to say this today shows a complete lack of class.

Disappointing to see this from him...

what sports segments when.

and where does AM live??

JUST LIKE SAYING WE HAVE TO WIN FOR THE LITTLE GENERAL!!! JUST A BAD TIME TO SAY THESE SORT OF THING!!!

TSN, CHCH (local Hamilton station) and Sportsnet on a quick update (Eastern feed).

Mosca still lives in Hamilton.

is there any manure in Hamilton?

Unfortunately, yes...

then I would like to order a truck load, deliver to AM, COD :twisted:

IT WAS ON TSN TONIGHT AND THE SITE NEEDS TO AUTOMATICALLY READ WHERE THE IP ADDRESS COMES FROM!!! SPEND A BIT MORE MONEY ON THE SITE BOB YOUNG!!! ATLEAST IT’S A BIT MORE RELIABLE THAN PLAYERS!!!

That's Ang.... alway was and always will be. You know Ron would smirk at it.

I am quite sure Ronnie would indeed smirk. I always got the impression over the years that both men didn't seem to care much for each other. Nothing concrete, just words said in interviews etc.

I'd be more upset if Ang said Ronnie was a timid pushover, who went into every game thinking he was going to lose.

C'mon guys, Angie meant no disrespect. To him (and all athletes), arrogance is a compliment... Mosca himself has had it since Day 1 in the CFL, ...he admits it and is proud of it.

Mosca also said that Ronnie had a 'swagger'... are you all going to say that was an insult? I'd say it's a compliment to his traits as a leader and quarterback.

If anyone actually bothers to watch it (looking at you FYB), listen to the way he says it. It's clear he means it in a fun way. He and Ronnie were good friends throughout his time with the 'Cats. They often did interviews together talking about their playing days against each other.

Remember, to athletes, arrogance is a good thing.

People need to lighten up... and not take a light-hearted comment so seriously.

RIP Ronnie... a sad day

Finally!..
someone who understood Ang’s comments
He wasn’t talking about him as a person but as a player when he talked about his arrogance.

Last year Ronnie,big Ang and Ellison Kelly were sitting together at the Habitat for Humanity Golf Tourney…All of them were talking about family amd friends…
I’m sure they were friends.

Ang meant no disrespect.

exactly

simmer down people

Exactly, I'll 3rd that. There's saying something and then there's saying something, it's not just the word itself.

For all we know Mosca might have a grade 4 education. If you want some poetic homage to the man going to Mosca is not exactly the place to go LOL!

Kind of like going to an old boxer and asking him to write something "sweet"

Really Sombre year for the CFL and the Ticats specialy. Lancaster is and will be a CFL legend to me and many. I'll have a toast to the man this weekend.

If Anything I think Mosca was Trying to say he Respected Ron.

Ang's Last Game was here at IWS
Who did he Face but Little General.
in the 72 Grey Cup.

His words meant no disrespect to anyone
He is Not Politically Correct or PC.
I find the Refreshing in Someone.
It was Ron way Also .
No BS just the Facts.

Why I Respect Both Men. :thup:
Politically Correctness has made us all Soft.

For sure Onknight, this political correctness is crap much of the time and makes us less than who we should be, again much of the time anyways. Almost like working in an evironment where everything is done passively-agressively, you end up doing the same and playing all these pretend games. I hate it.

8) No he doesn't live in Hamilton !!
 He lives in Niagara On The Lake, and has, for a few years now  !!!

That's the pot calling the kettle black, IMO.

While I'm sure he meant no disrespect, I can certainly see how some people who are still deeply saddened and shocked by the loss of Ron would be upset and offended by this remark. People need to think before they speak. Arrogance has a very negative connotation and at a time like this it can upset people.

Look bg, you are absolutely correct that arrogance, to most people, does have a very negative connotation. Is it a word I would use in this situation even if it wasn't mean't in any way disrespful? Probably not because, as you say, to most people it would come across as not appropriate. All we are saying is that Angie is someone who played on the gridiron with Ron and this takes it to a whole different meaning as to what he would be talking about. There may be subtle meanings to how Angie mean't this in the context of the gridiron and rather than going on for 6 or 7 sentences trying to explain, the word 'arrogance' seemed most appropriate, succint in Angie's context. I can appreciate that coming from his perspective on actually playing on the field, something which none of us have.

I know myself, when I try to explain something and going on and on, I sometimes end up making a fool of myself when a simple sentence would be enough.