Lack of class bt Calgary

Actually, while she is just a volunteer, it is her job to pay attention to your posts, and comment on them if she sees the need. Then when you get edited, deleted, or banned, you won’t be able to complain you were not aware there was a problem.

Whatever?

I still say that Calgary did nothing wrong and the Riders fans had it coming to them.

Rider Fan here. I agree with what Calgary did. If less then a minute, then run it off. With more then a minute, keep playing. Use back up players and get them some reps....

Beautiful Swervin, Beautiful. Bang on as usual with your thoughts. Simple, to the point, truly insightful. How could any of the fellow posters not love your comments? Just keep handing out the truth the only way you know how. Don’t give up, don’t give in and “stick it to the man”.

Whatever?

I still say that Calgary did nothing wrong and the Riders fans had it coming to them.

[/quote]
Calgary did nothing wrong. On that we agree. Rider fans on the other hand did nothing wrong either, and thereby had nothing “coming to them”. Not from you at least.

[/quote]

[/quote]
Calgary did nothing wrong. On that we agree. Rider fans on the other hand did nothing wrong either, and thereby had nothing "coming to them". Not from you at least.
[/quote]
Ok, so you're Huffnagel and every home game against the Riders several thousand drunk Riders fans come out and heckle your team in your own barn and streak onto your field painted in green and waiving flags.

Yah, that wouldn't inspire me to shove it down their throats by running up the score. The fans had it coming.

I agree that Calgary did nothing wrong by scoring.
Mervin, where did your obsession with Rider fans come from? Just curious.

Sort of like obnoxious fans who can’t go 5 minutes without accusing people of hating their team and acting like it’s them against the world?

But back to the topic… If someone is complaining about a team running the ball in the final two minutes, then the person clearly doesn’t watch enough football. Every team with a lead does this. Teams don’t usually take a knee until under a minute…

[/quote]
Calgary did nothing wrong. On that we agree. Rider fans on the other hand did nothing wrong either, and thereby had nothing “coming to them”. Not from you at least.
[/quote]
Ok, so you’re Huffnagel and every home game against the Riders several thousand drunk Riders fans come out and heckle your team in your own barn and streak onto your field painted in green and waiving flags.

Yah, that wouldn’t inspire me to shove it down their throats by running up the score. The fans had it coming.
[/quote]
Darn those evil Rider fans!! How dare they buy tickets and then to top it off, have the nerve to cheer for their team? Outrageous behaviour!

You may recall that when Mtl beat Edm 40-4 a few weeks ago, someone accused Mtl of running up the score because with a couple of minutes to go Mtl was 3rd and about 7 and ran the ball instead of kicking a field goal. That person accused Mtl of trying to run up the score by trying for another TD.....

Bottom line,
NO matter what you do, someone will complain.

#1. Points for and against mean something this year.
#2. CFL fans want to see football for the whole 60 minutes.

It's hilarious that someone would question Calgary's sportsmanship because they played 60 minutes. Rider fans need to suck up the loss and play better next time.

Really? Cause see, I thought it was just the one fan complaining... I didn't realize it was the entire fan base. Man, Lions fans sure are haters.

…and someone will be there to find the soother, clean it off and reinsert it…

I would have to agree. I would guess the poster made this thread out of frustration. Take a knee in the last few plays of a game but with two mintues to go wolud be punishing your defense for keeping the opposition from scoring a TD. That would be wrong the Stamps played their second stringers to me that is class.

Calgary did nothing wrong. Huffer played it exactly as any coach would - get as many starters out as possible, and run the clock.

The fact that we made John Cornish look like the second coming of Jackie Parker is our own issue. And whoever started this thread needs a cuff across the lips - how can you be mad at a team because they didn't quit trying against your team? Why are they responsible for ensuring a respectable score?

As many had pointed out, if Hank was still in there chucking bombs, okay, maybe that's a little above and beyond what's necessary. But this was Barrick "we never heard of you" Nealy handing off to John "I'm your prototype backup Canadian" Cornish. How much more should the Stamps have laid down? Put Burke Dales in to run a couple plunges through the A-gap?

I was at the game yesterday and I have to say I have never been more ashamed of the Riders than what I was yesterday. That was probably the worst game I have seen in a long long time by this club. I didn't even think I was at a game yesterday, it looked like more of a practise. Michael Bishop either has to start throwing some shorter passes or be benched. I will admit that it is exciting to see the long ball completed but is equally as frustrating if not more frustrating to have a good drive going, be in field goal range with second and 5 and decide to throw deep into the endzone and be intercepted. Frankly, the organization let down alot of people at the game yesterday, myself included, and think that the fans of this club deserve an apology for having to sit through a game that looked like a minor football team, who have won 9 games I might add, take on a proffesional team. Riders you should be damn ashamed of your performance.

Yet a few posts up you just did the same thing to Lions fans. If you want all this stupid stuff to stop Chief just stop letting people make generlizations about fan bases. You want to call swirvin on being a paranoid lions fan that has a its us against the world menality go for it. But don’t throw all Lions fans under the bus. Just like it would not be fair to throw all riders fans under the bus for some of the stupid stuff they do. (Now before I get yelled at by rider or lions fans be honest those two fan bases on her probably pull the most crap out of any others.)

As for the topic at hand don’t want to get scored on play harder. If they stopped trying all together how bad do you think Huff would rip into his back ups or first stringers. That would be like going to your job and being like well I got all my work done in 4 hours so I’m going to sit here and stare at the wall for the next four hours. No boss would ever put up with it.

I'm thinking what I said went over your head...

Sorry BC boys. The original poster speaks only for him or herself. I was the first to view this thread after it was posted and I chose not to respond in the hope that it would just go away, but I knew what kind of attack it would open ... and the attack came. Had I responded, it would have been on the lines of every other rider fan who did post so far - i.e. too bad for us, should have played better and no one would have had the opportunity to run up the score against us.

Oh well, have your sport if you must. It doesn't shake my tree in the least.

I will tell you something- the Riders deserved to lose and lose big yesterday. There were many problems on our side of the ball- never mind what the Stamps did or did not do. If the situation was reversed I would expect the Riders to do the same. You can’t fault the Stamps because our defesnive guys decided to quit playing late in the game. We made a ton of mistakes yesterday, on offence, defence, special teams and even the coaches made mistakes- any team that does that will get blown out. As a fans of the Riders we should feel ripped off because this team did not play for 60 minutes yesterday at McMahon. The display yesterday was reminiscent(painfully so) of past Rider teams that were unprepared and played uninspired football. This was a game for 1st place and for the season series- the way the Riders played, you would have thought that they were a team with 3 wins instead of nine. The Stampeders were not at fault for the unflattering score- the Saskatchewan Roughriders were.