Lack of class bt Calgary

In yesterdays game the Stamps showed a total lack of class in the final two minutes of the game.They had the riders beat there was no reason for them to go for more points.Before any Stamps fans want to talk about tie breakers in the standings save it.Thats a cheap cop out as far as I'm concerned.Also look at montreal in there last two games they could have gone for more points with less then two minutes on the clock but they didn't they showed real class by taking a knee and running the clock down.Between the stamps running the score on the riders and there chrorographed touchdown celebrations they are a truely classless organization if I was a stamps fan I would be embarassed.

I don't want to defend running up the score, but as a partial defense, the race for first is so tight in the west that point differentials could well determine it. My Als, on the other hand, are so far ahead of the east division pack that point differential is meaningless, so they could afford not to run up the score.

Because their back ups ran wild on us and we couldn't tackle?? Suck it up, we got served on a platter by a better prepared Calgary team. End of story.

I’m not saying the riders didn’t stink on Sunday they did.With less then two minutes on the clock the stamps should have taken a knee and ran the clock out.

...maybe with 30 seconds or so you do that, but taking a knee with minutes to play, sorry, that's just wrong...running the ball is akin to taking the knee and if your D gave up with minutes to play too bad for them....

...besides, if I'm on the losing end of the score and the winning team is taking their knee, that's an insult....in other words, the game is 60 minutes long, show up prepared to play that whole time or suffer the consequences....

Your comming off like there was 5 plus minutes left and you know there wasn’t there was less then two minutes and no way the riders could have come back.So taking a knee would have been the respectfull and classy thing to do.I’m not surprised in the least actually the Stamps have always gone out of there wat to disrespect the Riders organization.

I'm not sure what the big deal is here. If the Riders didn't want to get scored on they should have played harder right until the end of the game.

....here, let me clean off your soother for you #73....

...seriously, there is no such thing as 'running up the score' with the run game....if Huf starts chucking 30 40 50 yard bombs to move the ball with his #1 players still out there then fine, thats a slap, but running the ball using second stringers and your D gives up yardage by the ton, too bad so sad, tell your boys to play with pride at that point....not the stamps fault your team quit before the clock ran out...

We deserved every single point scored against us. That was the most humiliating loss I have ever been witness to. The Riders better learn from this and come back strong, but as far as taking a knee goes, NO WAY. There is time to be respectful and take a knee if there is enough time to run the clock out. Otherwise, give your opponent some dignity by trying.

Don't ever get me wrong, I love my team, but that was just embarrassing for us. Full congratulations goes to Calgary on that victory.

I agree. I think its insulting to take a knee that early in a game. Losing is a part of playing.
Congrats Calgary.

No one takes a knee unless by doing so you can take the clock to 0:00. Otherwise it is customary to run the ball (usually between the tackles) to use up clock time. Calgary did this, but unless you want Cornish or any other ball carrier to go down without being touched, what can you do? The Stamps played the whole game, just as we have all been taught since PeeWee football. When did the game now become 58 minutes long?

you definately don't take a knee with 2 minutes left. If they were throwing deep, maybe you got a beef. But otherwise, who cares? And frankly, with the back-ups in, I don't much care if they throw deep either.

I have to agree that taking a knee would have been too much…
Calgary tried to give the stamps a break with simple running plays, Its not their fault that the riders could not tackle the runner.

If they would have thrown deep, maybe, just maybe you would have a beef but not in this case…

That being said I still say there is no such thing as running up the score

Calgary has their backups in and everyone knows they are going to run the ball and Riders still can't stop them. In my opinion Calgary was trying to run out the clock but at that point the Riders weren't willing to help themselves. Running up the score is when you are doing obvious big plays to get the ball in the endzone. The game is 60 minutes long and there are no mercy rules here. Play for 60 minutes like some of the Rider players have been known to preach.

How could any Rider fan wonder why someone would run up the score on their obnoxious organization that doesn’t go 5 minutes without reminding everyone how great they are?

...all class, Swervin...as usual...

All whining JM02… as usual.

Who's whining? I'm simply commenting on your class re: cheap shots (again)...no whining there, whatsoever...

I’m just commenting on your whining about my posts. Why don’t you just ignore them instead of whining about them.

...not whining about your posts...if you can't see that, I suppose it's not a big surprise...and I don't ignore them because I'm not allowed to, unfortunately...how's about avoiding the cheap shots that are now so ingrained in your online persona and actually discussing issues for a change? Maybe then there'll be fewer calls for you to be banned, and people may (possibly, but not likely) start taking you seriously for once. It's worked wonders for other people on this forum in the past...