Labour day game !

One more thing, has anybody else noticed that the penalty stats have virtually disappeared. No papers here post them and I can't find them on websites. Wonder why?

You can see the penalty summary in the Live Play Stats section. Here’s a link to today’s game:
http://liveplay.cflcentral.com/LPFiles/42_2010_cfllive_scoreboard.html

Bombers had 9 penalties and the Riders 4.

To check out previous games you have to go through the Game Recap link on the schedule page at CFL.ca and at the bottom of the write-up will be a link to the Live Game Stats. They only have it for this season’s games though.

Pierce wasn't a 100% and shouldn't have started. It was obvious that he wasn't as mobile or confident in his ability to lead the offence today !

He was playing way to risky today.No hook slides, just kept taking hits.Was just a matter of time.That arm looked disgusting and even the Rider defender on the ground was pointing at it freaking out.Wonder if it’s the same deal as Copeland?

Things to keep in mind... we were coming off the bye-week and showed no rust. The o-line did a good job protecting the QBs (1 sack given up and lots of time to throw) and that was with one o-lineman playing out of position (Labatte) and another who had his first start as an o-lineman (Greaves). Marcellus Bowman played really well for his first game back (leading tackler) and, despite dropping what should have been an interception, Ian Logan being back had a positive impact on the play of the secondary (which also had JJ playing out of position). The d-line was putting a lot of pressure on Durant (3 sacks) and the front 7 held the Riders to under 60 yards rushing.

Hopefully the only injury from today's game was the one to Pierce and if we can have a few more guys back next week (or have this same group with the only change being Jyles starting) then the Banjo Bowl is going to be a very interesting game.

Just not good enough yet.

Our MLB was invisible for the 5th straight game, I must be missing something on how this guy keeps his job, I mean, just compare him to the impact Simpson had on the game tonight, not even close to being a difference maker as every good MLB in the league is.

Not sure if the receivers weren't getting open or if Buck was just stunned from the Simpson hit still ?

Lobendahn had 3 tackles (Marcellus Bowman had the most for the Bombers at 5) and he was in the backfield putting pressure on Durant a number of times. We held the Riders to under 60 yards rushing with Cates only having 15 of their 58 yards.

3 tackles is embarrassing for a MLB but seems to be about his average of late ?

MLB is the most important position on the defence, if he's that 'nicked' he should be sitting and not playing.

Did you know that Lobendahn is our second leading tackler?

Here are some stats comparing starting MLBs in the league:

Barrin Simpson - 49 tackles, 2 sacks
Mo Lloyd - 42 tackles, 4 sacks
Otis Floyd - 37 tackles, 4 sacks
Joe Lobendahn - 32 tackles, 2 sacks
Jason Pottinger - 30 tackles, 0 sacks
Juwan Simpson - 29 tackles, 3 sacks
Shea Emry - 25 tackles, 0 sacks
Anton McKenzie - 24 tackles, 1 sack

Yes, I know that stats don't tell the whole story but they do sometimes tell part of the story that some miss.

Thank you very much, Blue Blood!!

Thank you very much, Blue Blood !

Rarely is he the first man in on the tackle though, most of his are clean ups, he doesn’t have the side line to side line speed that we need at the position.

....Joe has slowed a bit since joining the club but i think his continuous nicks are catching-up...He wasn't all that bad in sask.... Also,I liked the play of this kid Greaves on the o line...He really didn't have any experience at the line position and yet he turned in a stellar effort.....KEEPER.....Another positive was the play of Stuber....he's starting to hustle like we knew he could...still green but coming along...Brandon Stewart looked good on special teams and on d....The front-four is the solid part of this club....kudos to them....AND who the heck put the sticky on Bowmans gloves :thup: Great job by Adarius (finally)....back to the neg.....Edwards picked -up Bowmans old gloves on the bench..AND as much as i like Jovon....puleeeese ...get Titus Ryan back here asap....we need his return skills.... :thup:

Don’t forget Edwards didn’t practice all week because of his ankle. That wouldn’t have been so bad if it weren’t for the fact we were coming off the bye week so he hadn’t caught a ball for about 2-1/2 weeks before yesterday’s game.