Labour Day Classic

Sure Bruce, you have a right to be upset. You also have a right to see the big picture and take this in stride. Actually, I'm not sure these are "Rights" more like freedoms. The word "right" gets overused today. You are free to get upset, free to boycott the team, the league, or take this in stride and see it as a positive. The CFL also has the freedom to act in its best interest by trying to strengthen itself through expansion in the Maritimes.

Sing the following Rolling Stones tune to yourself: "you can't always get what you want...but if you try sometimes...you just might find...you get what you need!"

How about we take the time and cash we would have spent on this home game and go to Skydome for a TiCats game to harass Argo Sandi? :cowboy:

I am amazed at the stupidity of the powers that be....I am really wondering if anybody is driving the boat...MONCTON?????
No Argos on LAbour day.....Maybe I won't BE buying season tickets, because nobody seems to give a ,... what the fan wants

Oh here we go...the ol' "I won't buy seasons tickets because_______" threat. Sorry, but I don't believe you won't buy seasons tickets because there are only eight home games this year. I do believe you won't buy LDC because of no blue team though. How about supporting the team for the other home games every year?

By the way...none of these decisions were made by Tiger Cat "powers that be" so why blame them?

Hey that's the way the ball bounces, hey giving it to the "perfect" Als and putting Mr Calvillo to the turf will also be a great game! As Ticat fans stop complaining, when the BIG Renovations start that's when we really get challenged as fans get used to being inconvenienced! its growing pains for our team and the CFL :wink:

just maybe we'll get real football fans for the labour day game instead fans who only come to the labour day game because of the event and get drunk and unruly and ruin the game for the true fans of the team. Also this years game will be important for our new running back wanting to get back at his old team and teammates

At first I was angry, wondering why they made this scheduling decision.

But now that the news has sunk in, there may be a bright side in that we may end up having a new rivalry with Montreal.

As long as the cats play hard and win, hopefully, everyone should be happy.

Okay kid, when are you FINALLY going to get it through your head that the 'Cats will be playing the entire 2012 season at Ivor Wynne Stadium. You’ll have your Argos-Cats Labour Day game next year and everything will be great. If you want to cry, at least wait until 2013 when they are building the new stadium.

Positives so far in 2011

New Stadium for our Cats to play in for another 20 years

Avon Cobourne
Renauld Williams
Wayne Smith
Daniel Francis
New O/C
New Asst. GM
ETC.

Negatives so far in 2011

Lost Labour Day game against Blows

The stadium at Mc Master has 7000 permanent seats.

That's only enough seats to accommodate
1/2 of our present season's ticket holders

It may have room for a few 100 more people.

It would still seat less than 1/3rd
of what they usually have at IWS.

Who will compensate them for that revenue shortfall?

Not the league, like our home game in Moncton.

Even though Calgary is one of our poorest draws, that game,
the Tiger Cats have a gate revenue guarantee much closer to

what our average/best? crowd are at Ivor Wyyne stadium.

Does anybody remember what the formula is for this?

I am not sure how much the Tiger Cats will be reimbursed
for lost concession revenues etc. out in New Brunswick though.

P.S.

Re: home games elsewhere during IWS2 construction

I think the Cats backed off from their request to have the city
compensate them for not having Ivor Wyyne Stadium to play in

or are they getting some compensation for them or somewhere else?

Aparently Ron Joyce Stadium has 6000 permanent seats and can seat another 6000 in temporary seating.
Where they can put that temp. seating is a mystery because it looks pretty tight for space around the field.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Joyce_Stadium

"The stadium is the home of the McMaster Marauders football team and the Hamilton Nationals of Major League Lacrosse. The stadium features 6,000 permanent seats and temporary seating for an additional 6,000 on the other side of the field when needed for national events. An underground parking garage is below the stadium grounds that will serve visitors to the stadium plus daily campus parking needs. The Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the Canadian Football League also use the stadium for training during the spring and summer.

The stadium features a large press box with facilities for live TV and radio broadcasts, as well as working areas for print media, game operations staff, as well as home and visiting team coaches and spotters.

The participant level of the stadium features dressing rooms for the visiting teams and game officials, as well as more luxurious dressing room facilities for Marauder football"

http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/

2/18/2011

Is Labour Day still Labour Day for #Ticats fans without the #Argos?

[Scott] Mitchell said revenue from the game is determined via a complex formula

that takes into consideration ticket sales, corporate partnership and game day revenues.

“At the end of the day, the league has done a very good job making sure

we won’t be out of pocket and there is the possibility that

we could be a little bit ahead of the average home date

depending how successful the game is in Moncton,? he said.

If I was a Tiger- Cats fan,my biggest worry,right now, would be the loss of 5 non-imports,i.e. Chris Bauman,Alexandre Gauthier,George Hudson,Brian Ramsay and Jermaine Reid. Presently, you -Tiger- Cats- have only 22 non-imports on the off-season roster.-The numbers,for 7 other teams,range from 28 to 35- The 22 includes Wayne Smith, who was injured for most of the past two seasons.Yes,there will be the Canadian draft but not too many players make the active roster on the first year.

With so few non-imports,it is almost a given that non-import punter,Jamie Boreham, will be signed by the Tiger-Cats.

While easier to replace an import, the loss of Garrett McInthyre to the NFL is also a negative aspest.

Good luck with Avon,but I doubt that he will gain more yards than Cobb gained in each of the last two years; Avon will not have Montreal offensive line and others blockers with/in front him. Only time will tell.

Richard

I would like to know exactly who has responsibility for setting the schedule,ie the cfl and then the cats agree??? ( the lousy labour day classic) because the powers that be would have known that it is a money maker for the cats and a fan fav.

In response to the other post, I buy tickets to support the team not drink beer, so keep your assumptions about my labour day classic habits to yourself. Is there a web site or contact person to actually , constructively complain to.

These are valid observations I think. Things to watch out for.

Don’t post much either.

The whining over this is getting so tiresome.

If your fandom depends on the Argos being in the LD game then you can get your anti-argo jollies at the home game on Aug 13 and have two opportunites to see them play in TOR.

and if the LD game is the only one you go to or care about then I couldn’t care less if you feel put out.

I think you should blame the whole thing on Bob Young, I’m sure this was the plan for the Tiger-Cats to intentionally get rid of a game that is their only sure thing sellout every year to intentionally lose money so he can claim welfare from City council, and screw his beloved season ticket holders out of their favorite game and also playing a home game in Moncton too :roll:
(SARCASM)
There are so many things to be positive about with this team this year.
The Glass is 90% full,CMON

The number 1 pastime for many Canadians is shopping - number 2 is complaining. :lol:

There is still lots of time to pick up quality Canadians
through trades, cuts, as well as through the draft, RV.

IMO, it’s about quality not quantity, RichardVeilleux.

We won’t have any trouble replacing three 30 + year old veteran O-linemen

Our O-line will be top quality. Remember, we have been grooming
the 2005 and 2008 first round draft pick O-linemen for years now.

That’s why George Hudson was a reserve last year
and that’s why Brian Ramsey couldn’t get to start.

Belton Johnson, Alex Gauthier’s replacement, started
half of last year when Jason Jimenez was injured.

If Wayne Smith can regain the form he had
when he played here before he could start.

We will miss DL Jermaine Reid who was just starting to prove himself,
so he’s a Canadian we need to replace somehow with someone as good.

I thought no. 1 would be lining up for a coffee at Tim’s. Well I guess that is shopping of sorts. :wink:

I agree that we complain way to much and dont do ANYTHING about it! But then again if we did something about it, we might complain about that!