Labour Day 2013 may be a go at Rogers ?

The Blue Jays traditionally play at home on Labour Day. MLB just released its 2013 schedule and the Jays Do Not Play at home on Labour Day. BUT they do play the day before Sept 1 2013, 1:07 start. The only issue is that the turn around to change the stadium to football is 48 hours. But i think it can be done if they use the Baseball turf instead of the Football turf !! Should be interesting to see if the Argos will play the Cats on Labour Day at Rogers !

[url=http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/?tcid=mm_mlb_schedule#date=09/01/2013]http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/?tcid=m ... 09/01/2013[/url]

that would be a great option for Labor Day 2013 tc23, although a non hash marked baseball turf is likely not feasible.
If diligent, I'm certain the Rogers field staff could accommodate a 24-28 hour turnaround window.

The Argos have used the Jays turf before on a short turn around, i think it was 2 days though. I remember a game last year where the second base dirt was on about the 10 yard line, so it can be done.

The biggest part of turning the stadium from baseball to football is taking up the baseball turf and putting down the football turf. It is very time consuming.

I even remember wathing a Jays game and seeing the faint lines of the football field.

I would go and I never go to the RC to watch football except for the odd occasion like a Grey Cup.

Just think how good it's going to be putting a beating on the blew team in their own barn on Labour Day :rockin:

tc23 wrote:

The Argos have used the Jays turf before on a short turn around, i think it was 2 days though. I remember a game last year where the second base dirt was on about the 10 yard line, so it can be done. The biggest part of turning the stadium from baseball to football is taking up the baseball turf and putting down the football turf. It is very time consuming.

I even remember wathing a Jays game and seeing the faint lines of the football field.

if it can be done, let's pack the RC with Black and Gold fans. :cowboy:
The last (and only) time the Argos sold out the Skydome, was during the Rocket Ismail era. (one game I believe)

the skydome was full for the east final in 2005.
and nearly full for the season finale in 2005 against hamilton.

this is not a new idea. As soon as the team knew that LDC 2013 could not be played in Hamilton the league stated that the most likely scenario would be a LDC at Rogers and that it would be our "home" game.

If the Jays are not playing it looks like the league was successful in their bargaining to clear the date for us

:thup: